REMOVE VOTING FOR PLAYER KICK

• No easy way around this one. Duels of fun and I personally find it annoying when people dont honour them but a ban is extreme. Still if the majority of the server feels strongly about it then I recommend changing habits.

• Were you banned from the server or kicked?

• You weren’t banned, when you are votekicked, you are unable to rejoin for a short period of time. I’m sorry this is happening to you though.

• If you’re getting voted off for interrupting 1-1 fights, that might hint that some of your actions aren’t appreciated by other players. Also, I don’t think getting votekicked will ban you for more than 5 minutes.

• You all don’t seem to get the point… What is the game mode? “Free-For-All” not 1vs1. If you want to do that, go find an empty server and go play with your buddies. If players, who just purchased the game expect to play free-for-all, where there are no rules, then they shouldn’t have their IP banned just because the majority of the players want to duel 1vs1. So now I’m the one who has to look for another free-for-all server to play in? That’s just obsurd.

• @Jake:

Were you banned from the server or kicked?

Kick = IP BAN

• @DirtyHoudini:

If they did this, they would be punishing a lot of people playing.

I don’t get your reasoning… The only people getting punished are the ones who just purchased the game thinking they’re about to play a nice game of free-for-all.

• @howsdisfaka:

@DirtyHoudini:

If they did this, they would be punishing a lot of people playing.

I don’t get your reasoning… The only people getting punished are the ones who’ve just purchased the game thinking they’re about to play a nice game of free-for-all only to find that they’re about to be vote kicked because everyone wants to make up rules and play 1vs1.

• If a server makes rules it’s in your best interests to follow them if you want to stay on that server.
    I don’t see anything to be changed here.

• I don’t see the problem in interrupting a 1v1 unless the rule is specific to the server (Like typed directly in the name of the server), though I personally wouldn’t interrupt anyway ; I guess it’s not my nature to just sneak up on people and kill them while they’re busy doing something else.

• Curious- what was the server’s name? Some of them clearly say “Dueling Server,” in which case people have full right to kick you off if you don’t respect that.

@howsdisfaka:

I don’t get your reasoning… The only people getting punished are the ones who just purchased the game thinking they’re about to play a nice game of free-for-all.

TKers tend to be kicked as well. It’d be difficult to do that if there were no admins online and no way to votekick.

• Kick votes are consensus. If you couldn’t be kicked from servers where players were dueling, they would just gang up on you whenever you interrupted a duel instead. Take it as a hint that you should find another server.

Once the official duel mode is released this won’t be an issue, and I don’t see it as a big enough one to warrant any kind of action, honestly. There are lots of servers and Free-for-All seems to be one of the more popular game modes. I switch servers very often throughout the day and only perhaps 1 in 10 of my game sessions on a FFA server do I see people dueling.

• Dueling for me is the whole game. I don’t see a point in hitting someone from behind when they’re fighting someone else. It’s pretty annoying when you’re trying to have a fair fight with someone and you get axed in the back of the neck. The game’s combat mechanics really shine in 1v1 fights, group fights just turn into a spamfest. I’m pretty disappointed it didn’t launch with duel mode to be honest, I expected it to be the first thing they would make.