Can't see servers after fix.

• MOD EDIT BEGINS
    @CrustaceanSoup:

A) Did you follow the suggestion for opting into the Steam beta? An image tutorial is here. If you have opted in, you should see a button that says BIG PICTURE at the top-right of the Steam Window.

B) Are you running any of the programs listed here?: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art … -SFLZ-9289

C) One user reported success diagnosing his server browser problems with this: Check the Windows 7 Troubleshooter for networking issues. (Hit Start, type Troubleshooting, click the “Troubleshooting” program, click “Network and Internet”, click “Incoming Connections”, and then follow the troubleshooter’s instructions)

D) Do the following to generate a useful log file you can post here: Head over to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, and open UDKEngine.ini. Find the line that is (ctrl-f in Notepad is find):

Suppress=DevOnline

Delete that line. Just that line. Save the file.

Start the game. Go into the server browser. Wait a minute or so. Exit the game.
    Go over to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs, find your Launch.log, and post it here (attach it to a reply).

MOD EDIT ENDS

Hey, I read the fix’s here about enabling the steam beta and replacing the masterserver2.vdf file within the steam config folder. I tried these in hoping they would fix the “server issue” but they still are not resolved.

Some side things i tried was turning off my anti virus (AVAST), turning off the fire wall and still nothing. I tried making exceptions within the firewall and having avast turn on, still not luck.

Im honestly at a lost here, but here’s the weird part. My friend who has the game asked me to try joining on his game, and it worked. So it seems that i can join servers through him, but i just cant join servers on my own.

PC specs
    windows 7 64 home premuim
    intel i5 2500k 4.5ghz
    8 gb ram
    Nvidia gtx 570 (SLI)

Anyone have any idea’s?

• So this is the third time I’ve tried to go and play a game I’ve paid 30$ for and havnt been able to. A multiplayer only game that you can’t find servers for. Thats pretty bad. need a fix asap. :x :|

• Bumping

• Same here. I’m not sure what is causing this but it would seem to me that if enough people are having this issue then maybe it should be addressed and a hotfix put in instead of a config download.

• I agree with that, i would give it 5 weeks to fix. A reasonable amount of time, but if it still isn’t fixed then, i would like my money back if anything.

• bump

• @bravo95:

I agree with that, i would give it 5 weeks to fix. A reasonable amount of time, but if it still isn’t fixed then, i would like my money back if anything.

Its an online game only. Can;t even play it lol.

• Developer

A) Did you follow the suggestion for opting into the Steam beta? An image tutorial is here. If you have opted in, you should see a button that says BIG PICTURE at the top-right of the Steam Window.

B) Are you running any of the programs listed here?: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art … -SFLZ-9289

C) One user reported success diagnosing his server browser problems with this: Check the Windows 7 Troubleshooter for networking issues. (Hit Start, type Troubleshooting, click the “Troubleshooting” program, click “Network and Internet”, click “Incoming Connections”, and then follow the troubleshooter’s instructions)

D) Do the following to generate a useful log file you can post here: Head over to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, and open UDKEngine.ini. Find the line that is (ctrl-f in Notepad is find):

Suppress=DevOnline

Go over to Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs, find your Launch.log, and post it here (attach it to a reply).

• Developer

Everyone stops replying after I post ;(

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Everyone stops replying after I post ;(

Probably because you fix all of their problems, and they are too busy playing the game!
    Keep up the great work!

• Here’s the log that was requested. I heard that their is going to be a hotfix for this tomorrow and some of this is Steam’s fault and they are working on it. So just be sure heres the log.

• Developer

Did you do the bit where you remove the

Suppress=DevOnline

line from UDKEngine.ini?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Suppress=DevOnline

i have tried it all,
    Please help me…

here is my launch.log

• nothing?,

• Here’s my log, not sure what’s going on. I deleted the Suppress=DevOnline, but I skimmed over the log and it had some things that said DevOnline near the bottom.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Did you do the bit where you remove the

Suppress=DevOnline

line from UDKEngine.ini?

Yes, i have tried removing it and adding it after i removed it. Tried both ways and still nothing.

• Developer

No, I mean I need a log where you’ve done that. The log is useless for this issue unless you’ve done that, and the log you posted didn’t seem to have that done.

@Amortisatie:

Here’s my log, not sure what’s going on. I deleted the Suppress=DevOnline, but I skimmed over the log and it had some things that said DevOnline near the bottom.

That’s good, it should show DevOnline logs in the log, that’s what removing that line does ;). I’m looking at it now, I’ll see what I see.

edit: PM’d:

Can you go into

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config

Open up MasterServer2.vdf in notepad or some other text editor, and post its contents? (Please post the contents to the thread so both myself and our other programmer can see them)

Also, have you looked at the Programs Which May Interfere with Steam page? (Also, Using a Firewall with Steam and Using a Router with Steam, which are linked from that page)

• This issue occurred for me as well. I was able to resolve it by renaming both the masterserver filenames, then steam created new files when the game was restarted. Servers are now appearing again.

• how about mine? i posted my launch log

• Developer

You didn’t unsuppress devonline either. If you’re on the Beta version of Steam, you might want to try Malec’s advice, it’s not a bad idea. There may be dead servers in your masterserver list.

You did everything in that list? Did the Windows 7 troubleshooter come up with no issues whatsoever?