Can't see servers after fix.

• I started the game a few hours ago, joined a server, logged off of it, then suddenly no servers. I tried every fix suggested in both this post and the stickied buglist, and nothing. I’ve attached my launch.log after doing all the steps, hopefully I can get the problem solved.

EDIT: Deleting EVERYTHING related to the game and re-installing solved my problem.

Second edit: Exited out to play some Natural Selection 2, started it back up and it’s back to the same problem. Getting real tired of your shit Torn Banner.

• Here’s my log, i hope somebody an help.

• Tried it all but nothing works, hope it can be fixed! Cheers

• Tried everything as well. Nothing works. Here’s my launch log.

• Tried everything.
    Can’t find any servers and when a friend invites me it doesnt work.
    Tried to find a reason, but this suddenly started a couple days ago, didnt instal or start anything new tough. No idea where its coming, but i can only play against bots now…

attached log

• Hey guys
    I have the same problems… Tried everything but nothing helps.
    Here’s my log… I hope you can help me
    Greets

• ….yeah…same problem for me for probably the same reasons…

• Same for me :)
    Somthing goes wrong :)

• @snickers557:

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=16118

i agree, i’ll wait for asking refund 15th january

• @snickers557:

I am a bit confused by this. Whats it mean for us that cant get chivalry to work?

• Hi everyone,

I tried everything but I still don’t see any servers in the list. I bought the game a couple of days ago and everything worked fine (sometimes the list didn’t fill, but a restart or reopening the list helped).

**I took a look in the logs. I kept a look on the log file via LogExpert. The game retrieves the servers but they don’t show up in the list.

I can’t remember if the list fills server after server or all servers at once. The logging stopped suddenly and didn’t finish the entry. Seems like something crashed as the last server-data have been parsed?!**

[attachment=0:1fuikd7r]Launch.log[/attachment:1fuikd7r]

• @Mashuu:

@snickers557:

I am a bit confused by this. Whats it mean for us that cant get chivalry to work?

It fails to meet the implied warranty of merchantibility, or whatever the term is for software. A car that is secretly made of balsa wood, but painted to look like a real metal car and advertised at the market price of a real metal car, is still materially inadequate as a performance. This is true even if it starts up and moves when you push (delicately) down on the gas pedal.

“Hey, Torn Banner Auto Makers, I just tried to open the door and it snapped in half. This thing is made of balsa.”

“We’re sorry about the rocky start. Have you considered using duct tape to repair the door? Good luck! We are currently attempting to design a double-thick door that should hold up better. We’ll let you know when it’s ready!”

“I’m taking you to court, you evil jerks.”

“Pssh. Good luck! No court in the land would find for you. The car DRIVES, after all. It has four wheels. It has doors. Our legal team assures us that’s enough.”

• Hmm can we get those answers now.? how we get our money back.?

• I went through all the advice, I even completely uninstalled my virus protection to rule that out. I would just like to point out that I didn’t have this problem until the last update. I was doing something else and saw that Chivalry was updating on steam, I had been playing it earlier with no problem until after this update, immediately after the update. I did everything advised, step by step with no success.

• @SmurfEater:

I went through all the advice, I even completely uninstalled my virus protection to rule that out. I would just like to point out that I didn’t have this problem until the last update. I was doing something else and saw that Chivalry was updating on steam, I had been playing it earlier with no problem until after this update, immediately after the update. I did everything advised, step by step with no success.

You’re definitely getting servers in your Launch.log (like 1 megabyte of server responses!). Have you tried setting your gamespeed to anything but 100% and then back to 100%?

• So here’s what JUST worked for me, as described by http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 497132402/

Click start button and cut and paste this into your run dialog box, “C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame” and hit enter
    ** If the above doesn’t work, try this: “%USERPROFILE%\Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame” **
    You will see a “Config” folder. Rename it to “Config.old”
    Start Chivalry and see if the server list is working now.

Worked a treat. And I only had the problem for a day. Phew!
    Although, I went to the mygames\ directory, rather than using the run dialog box.

Signed up on this forum today just to spread the word. Hope it works.

• Hey solarburn,

it worked!!! THANKS! I wonder which config value is messing things up.

Regards,

mimameidr

• Just purchased this game, no fix work for me.

• @Gankster:

Just purchased this game, no fix work for me.

Can you at least connect manually to servers? You can click the convenience links in this thread to automagically open Chivalry and connect to the Official Servers viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082