Can't see servers after fix.

• Replace the MasterServer2.vdf file manually with our file.
    Keep the max ping/minute manually.

• I checked the Steam\Config folder and steam had finally auto-populated the MasterServer file. I had a funny feeling after that so I tried turning off my Software firewall again, and this time it worked! So the good news is that I’m not totally screwed…and the bad news is now I have to figure out why ESET isn’t letting it through.

Would you be able to tell me all of the exe files that need web access so that C:MW can function properly?

• You need to let the game and Steam through your firewall.
    ESET is on steam’s list of known software that’ll prevent Steam from working so your best bet might just be to disable it.

• @b3h47pte:

You need to let the game and Steam through your firewall.
    ESET is on steam’s list of known software that’ll prevent Steam from working so your best bet might just be to disable it.

My best bet to play the game is to disable my firewall completely? With all due respect I think almost every antivirus system out there is on that list. I feel that what’s necessary is to get the proper parameters to create a rule for my firewall so that the game is not blocked. All I need is a basic list of the exe files that need access to the net and I can set up a rule for them. I thought UDK.exe was the only one other than steam, but that must not be that case, because both of those have full access.

• So is this what we get? Just some copy pasted fixes that don’t really help? From what I’ve seen via google and steam forums, this has been a problem for some users since beta. For a multiplayer only game, a release with a bug like this is a pretty massive misstep.

Before you ask, I’ve gone through literally every single itty bitty potential fix for this that has been posted in the last month. All my pings go through, and no other steam/valve/whatever game but this has issues with servers. I have spent the greater part of two hours cursing at this, and have basically given up.

• Still can’t see any servers whatsoever, and I’ve tried all the other solutions. Attached is my launch log. Thanks for helping!

• @notamused:

So is this what we get? Just some copy pasted fixes that don’t really help? From what I’ve seen via google and steam forums, this has been a problem for some users since beta. For a multiplayer only game, a release with a bug like this is a pretty massive misstep.

Before you ask, I’ve gone through literally every single itty bitty potential fix for this that has been posted in the last month. All my pings go through, and no other steam/valve/whatever game but this has issues with servers. I have spent the greater part of two hours cursing at this, and have basically given up.

I feel the same, I hope to hear this week if any serious fix devleopment is going on, or else how can I get a refund from Steam or Torn Banner? There is a limit to what you cna ask your customers, I’ve spend over 3-4 hours trying to get my game running and then the server fix.

• So far I have attempted every single fix that has been posted for the past two months now, I have reinstalled steam twice, hardwire my computer to the modem and uninstalled every single anti virus and firewall program on here. I even completely wiped and reinstalled my OS. Clean start, first things I did was remove the firewall and antivirus, download steam and install chivalry. Nothing. Didn’t work. I love how they instantly throw it at Steam the second they don’t know quite what to do. I’m done trying to fix this, and will be getting a refund. I’m not sure where you’re from, but look at the consumer protection laws. Did you know its illegal to sell a broken falsely advertised product in most places?

The greatest thing is a couple of them have actually said they won’t even be patching this because the copy pasta masterserver list fix is sooper dooper easy and fixes the problem. So ya, if you’re one of the poor sods that it doesnt work for, NO GAME 4 YOU.

• And yes, your last point hits it bang on. I am paying for a fully developed release. This isn’t a beta. This isn’t testing phase. You launch a title and claim it is fully developed, you better ensure it is. And if it isn’t, you better be working your damn fastest to fix the bugs. This is not any anything but Chivalry bug. No other games I own have issues whatsoever, yet somehow steam breaks when I launch this game and fixes when I drop it.

They’ve also flat out refused to fix other bugs. There’s one now where the game won’t fully exit and the task is still going in the manager. Next time you go to boot up the game itll tell you that another copies running blahblah and refuse to launch. A computer illiterate man is not going to be to figure that out. Their response? Hit ctrl+alt+dlt and turn it off manually, its not difficult! To be honest, the game counts every second that the UDK.exe task is going as time played in the Steam stats, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they intentionally leave it in there to make their shitty game look better.

There’s also the blatantly ignoring their paying customers when they run out of shit to copy paste.

• this only happens occasionly to me.

why is this…most time i can find server,m other times i cant

• I just bought this game, and tried all the available fixes listed. Thank you for your help.

• To all those who still cannot see any servers in the server browser at all - can you attempt to forward ports 27000 to 27030 on your router to the internal IP of your computer and report back whether this works for you?

• So I just finished downloading and installing the game and im having the same problem, tried al fixes and still nothing. So I guess I’m just one more in he endless list fo the pissed off

• So me and my friend both just downloaded the game. Played a few matches and then all of the sudden we get kicked from game. Then when we go to look for servers they are there for a short few seconds then gone. Now every time i restart the computer or somethimes just steam they appear temporarily but then go away. me and my friend have tried all of your steps so here is the Launch Log

• Having the same problem now, give it some time looks like a problem with server browser possibly.

• @piaspa:

Having the same problem now, give it some time looks like a problem with server browser possibly.

Well its been broken since august but ya lets go with server problem… also if you guys are going to post a reply please follow the steps the programmer told you about and post your Launch.log so these guys can actually fix the bug.

• so its not really fixing the problem but getting around it. I found that you dont have the server issue if you search for a game wile playing the game. Now of course you have to first get into the game so just go to training ground and press exit and join game…SOLVED!!! :o

• My friend bought the 4 pack of this game so we could have a 4 player game that we would all enjoy.
    I feel terrible now because he spent all that money and I can’t play because of this stupid server bug.

This is outrageous. No troubleshooting tactic has worked and I still can’t play on any online server.
    The game itself is good but when there’s huge issues like this, I’d rather not waste mine or my friends money on it.

• I had a working game and i wanted to try this beta thing to fix my weapon unlock issue. So i didnt realise at first that it will become to show only these beta server what are virtualy none. So i went back to “opt out all beta programs”. It seemed as it completely reinstalled game. Now i cant see servers.
    Masterserver2 file fix doesnt work at all.
    So no fix works at all. Do i have to uninstall and install it again?

Anyway playing this game it seemed more like beta. Shall we make lawsuit against this torn banners firm, because if i dont get working, then its pure robbery in daylight.

Main thing is. It was working and now it isnt. WTF happened?

• @Rodnoroht:

I had a working game and i wanted to try this beta thing to fix my weapon unlock issue. So i didnt realise at first that it will become to show only these beta server what are virtualy none. So i went back to “opt out all beta programs”. It seemed as it completely reinstalled game. Now i cant see servers.
    Masterserver2 file fix doesnt work at all.
    So no fix works at all. Do i have to uninstall and install it again?

Anyway playing this game it seemed more like beta. Shall we make lawsuit against this torn banners firm, because if i dont get working, then its pure robbery in daylight.

Main thing is. It was working and now it isnt. WTF happened?

Same here, it was working for the first month, but now servers never appear anymore. I’ve tried all the fixes and none of them work.

It’s extremely frustrating knowing I can no longer play my favorite game, a game I paid for :/

One of the things that really bothers me is that they’re constantly blaming it on steam, and not taking responsibility for their own game. If it was really steam’s fault then why is it only this game where I can’t see servers?