Developer Blog #1 - Hit Detection

• Developer

FYrkn6EFwOg

You’ll also get a look at the new more war torn battlegrounds map and an early look at combat in the game. Please be aware that this is all alpha ingame footage and that we realize there are bugs displayed in the video. Let us know what you think and what you might like changed for the next dev blog.

• awsome video guys and that battleground map looks epic!! :D
    anyways that other knight had a scimitar and i was wondering if that is unlockable through an achievemant and does it do anything else other than look different? Don’t ge me wrong I wouldn’t be the one using it (go spear) but ive seen this sort of question in about 5 topics so thought you could answer them.

• <never mind="">

Also, please get your guy to articulate more, and talk slightly slower, it will improve the voice quality.

2:29 Why did you cut out the part where he teabagged his victim? I know he did.</never>

• Perfect.
    I like the atmosphere of the map, seems very real.
    And i must say i love the lack of HUD, you definitely must find a way to keep it very minimal like in the video ! :)

• There’s still there youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYrkn6EF … tu.be&hd=1 and the moddb post.

• Got this to hit the front page of /r/gaming, congratulations on having a rabid fan do your marketing for you!

• Great job Zack! Fantastic video! The map and the models look amazing!

Keep up the great work Torn Banner!

• Yeah i got sidetracked. Fantastic video and well presented Zack look forward to seeing many more.

• Developer

To answer an above question: All of the weapons have different stats meaning they swing faster or slower, deal more or less damage and have different abilities to block as well.

@Raneman:

Got this to hit the front page of /r/gaming, congratulations on having a rabid fan do your marketing for you!

Awesome man, love to see stuff like this. It’s you guys who can help us grow the community more than anything else. Really appreciate it anytime someone does something like this for the game.

• Developer

• Womanizer I see ;)

And I definately love these dev blogs, keep them coming :D

• My only advice on the next video is to a) get it released (withing a week, or 2 weeks at the max… 2 weekly(I believe that’s called biweekly) could work well) and b) keep focussing on one features, oh and keep mixing up the maps as much as possible.

The new battlegrounds map looks just like in the movies, which is great.

• @Tibberius:

To answer an above question: All of the weapons have different stats meaning they swing faster or slower, deal more or less damage and have different abilities to block as well.

@Raneman:

Got this to hit the front page of /r/gaming, congratulations on having a rabid fan do your marketing for you!

Awesome man, love to see stuff like this. It’s you guys who can help us grow the community more than anything else. Really appreciate it anytime someone does something like this for the game.

Last day of the semester, me and my brother will try to get as much computers that we can in our university to have the age of chivalry webpage up, it worked for my dad’s job so hopefully it works here.

Anyways, great video and it really looks like a game that noobs and vets can enjoy and i gotta love that since my bro is a REAL noob at fps’s

• Seeing as the trace lines are now seamless, can we expect people to 360 slash more effectively now? In AoC doing 360 degree spins while slashing put the trace points further apart and decreased your chance to hit, this won’t be the case with fluid tracing. >:O.

• @Tibberius:

FYrkn6EFwOg

You’ll also get a look at the new more war torn battlegrounds map and an early look at combat in the game. Please be aware that this is all alpha ingame footage and that we realize there are bugs displayed in the video. Let us know what you think and what you might like changed for the next dev blog.

as i said on facebook… very very amazing :).

• Wow, great video guys! I can see you really are putting the Unreal Engine to some good use. To be honest, I must admit that this vid restored my faith in the project after the somewhat mediocre trailer. Keep up the good work!

• GG.

• Why is it that im an Alpha Tester, yet I can’t stop replaying the Dev blog? :S hahaha

• @Tibberius:

Roflmao

Also, gj, in more ways than just the way swingtraces work and the different 1st/3rd person model removal; the pace, the animations, the models, the atmosphere, they all look great to me.

Sabre FTW btw