Initial Feedback

• Hey all,

I’ve put about 8 hours into the Alpha so far, according to Steam. Here are my initial thoughts:

Taurant:
    Increase range and duration of Shove.
    Option to automatically switch to 3rd person while casting Whirlwind.

Rework Boulder animation and projectile to feel more ‘heavy’.
    The Taurant should announce something loudly when casting Boulder.

Decrease cast time of Leapslam.

Sprinting animation needs to be reworked to look more like sprinting.

Reduce sound of Sonic Punch.

Alchemancer:
    Ensure left-click (normal attack) animation is synchronized with the projectile.
    The Alchemancer should announce something loudly when casting Chaos Orb.

Vigilist:
    Increase damage of Disperse.
    Decrease cast time of Disperse.

The Vigilist should announce something loudly when casting Surge.

Walking animation needs to be reworked to look more like walking.

Vypress:
    Decrease cooldown for Dash Attack by a few seconds.
    Decrease cooldown for Shadow Kick by a few seconds.

Decrease general size of Vypress.

Tinker:
    Ensure entire hook shot animation is synchronized with the projectile.
    Ensure entire mine throw animation is synchronized with the projectile.
    Make flipkick do a small amount of damage.

Lower volume of voice.

General:
    Allow the player to cancel sprint into jump. Currently you must stop sprinting in order to jump.

Increase run speed slightly on all classes.

Make essence drops after a kill instaneous so they can be picked up during abilities such as the Vypress’s Dash Attack.
    Make essence drops float towards players if they are a few feet away from them. (If possible, prioritize essences to move toward the killer of the killed player’s dropped essence.)
    Make the size of essence drops slightly larger.

Make it more obvious when you are low on health.

Add ‘Hello’ voice command.

Add the ability to push-to-talk within team-chat or all-chat.
    Give the ability to mute people in voice chat.

Remove team damage in spawn.

When a player attempts to use an ability that is on cooldown, the character makes an awkward movement with their hands. This needs to be reworked or replaced with an audio cue, such as “Not ready yet.”

Be allowed to pick up thrown projectiles if they miss by walking over them.
    As Tinker, be able to pick up mines by pressing the key bound to throwing them.

Give the ability to customize sensitivities for each class, particularly the Alchemancer class.

Global announcements when a player is doing well.

Variations of skins based on faction.

Allow ripostes to be interruptable.

Bugs:
    Sometimes projectiles reflected at close range do not do damage to their targets.
    Certain attacks are not interruptable.
    Unable to select certain skills at beginning of match.
    You cannot sprint immediately after spawning.
    You cannot see the name of the person you are spectating.
    Occasionally body parts do not completely detach after a kill.
    Ensure objective notifications do not continue once game has been completed.
    Allow players to type during end-of-round scoreboard.
    Unable to switch between first and third person during attack animation/battle cry.
    Voice talk will be enabled briefly after re-launching the game if it is disabled.

General thoughts:

Mirage: Arcane Warfare seems to be a mix of slow walking with bursts of high-paced combat. These changes aim to make the entire game feel faster and become faster. With melee combat more straight-forward compared to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, the game needs to focus more on the unique abilities found in Mirage. Abilities that grant high mobility are key to making this an exciting game. As every class features some type of mobility-granting ability, the pieces are already there to build on. Consequently, I felt like I had the most fun with Alchamancer and Vypress due to their ability to combo their escape abilities with their damage dealing abilities the best.

Lastly, while walking/running animations in this game are purely cosmetic, the awkwardness of these animations in their current state, in my opinion, will detract from the overall experience of the game. I understand the atmosphere in this game is supposed to be more light-hearted and whimsical, however these animations push this feeling to the extreme. Most characters appear to waddle or ‘parade’ around when walking. It feels and looks awkward and prevents the player from ever fully identifying with a particular class. I understand it is unlikely these animations will get addressed, but I can’t help but feel it will be highly beneficial in the long-term to tune them.

• Developer

Thanks for the very detailed feedback. I enjoyed playing with you today!

• You are very welcome. And thanks for replying, I’m glad someone read all that!

Ah, one last thing I forgot to mention. I love the fact that when you start up the game you are greeted by your Steam Friend’s list and the ability to make a party. This is a great addition that all multiplayer games should have and something that can be integrated into a lot of game features, such as a possible party match-making system.

• Developer

Hello Lion!

Thanks for the feedback, we will put this to good use. Too much to comment on individually but will definitely rework the walking/sprinting animations and look at your balance/pacing notes in detail!

• -Remove team damage in spawn

I’m not sure if this is possible to implement, but if it is, please do.