Will chiv ever return to its former glory?

• Banned

Just wanted to see everyone’s opinions on whether you think chivalry will return to what it once was, because without a doubt it is dying. I’ve been playing this game for about a year now and even I can notice less and less people playing every month, but will it continue to die to the point where no one plays it or is there any hope on the game making a comeback.

• Banned

For any of you who don’t know who I am, I am addyboo418 but with a new account due to horary user :)

• Banned

@SP45T1C-H4WK I personally don’t think Chiv is dying (even though I’ve only been playing since July) I’ve noticed a lack of actually decent players, A few months ago EU FFA lobbies were nice, everyone was dueling and having a good time. But now, and especially today it’s complete aids. I blame US players (like myself unfortunately) bringing their lag, salt, and shit play-styles

If anything Chiv is getting worse and worse. The glitches and bugs seem to get worse by the day. The new generation of players (I shouldn’t really be talkin about that) are all laggy, wannabe try-hards, and the salt among players also seems to get worse and worse.

• Chivalry is dying, yes. But that is mainly due to the hype of For Honor. I’m sure that game will die very quickly since Chivalry is so much more better in my opinion. I’ve seen a normal amount flow of players on each month of Chivalry. It’s really just time zones and if the people have any IRL stuff going on.

I’m sure Chivalry will not die, not until something like Mount and Blade Bannerlord comes out, or Mordhau. Although people may switch to For Honor, but for now Chivalry is fine. The competitive scene is a little bit inactive but it will return, it always does.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Fully agree.

• Banned

@857th-Jester yea man not being biast but the US players are so salty when it comes to the game, I was playing in the Europe servers today when US players joined with bad ping and started beef with everyone in the lobby, I personally think it is players like that that are driving new players away from it, but that’s just my opinion

• Banned

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 yea man I never thought of that!! But to be far I was excited for For Honor until the beta came and it wasn’t that good tbh, but I feel like new players are being turnt away due to all the people that will take the game too seriously and give them a hard time when they’re starting out. But alot of high level skilled players have stopped playing the game as much or not at all for the past while, but they’ll probably make a return, they always do. For now I’ll stick to chivalry until it sadly and slowly dies down :(

• we need an update, its the only thing to attract back former players and get more attention from more players. Well thats my opinion…

• @KNIGHT-0f-NIGHT youre late to this bitch fest

• @SP45T1C-H4WK yeah. All the bad personalities don’t help and make a really bad representation of the community. Coincidentally when chiv is at its worst point with these types of people the player base is the lowest.

• Banned

@Knight-Kauser yea man I completely agree, but I’m not pin pointing all the US players, I just mean there are alot more players in the US who are more toxic and take the game too seriously cough HOG PARA cough. but I think chiv as a community needs to welcome new players to it instead of destroying them every chance they get, but I doubt anything will change if I’m honest.

• @SP45T1C-H4WK NA is a big part of the problem though. When there are only a couple clans that aren’t jerks to everyone that’s pretty bad…

• Chivalry on ps4 is on sale. Well see how many people from that stay.

• @SP45T1C-H4WK said in Will chiv ever return to its former glory?:

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 yea man I never thought of that!! But to be far I was excited for For Honor until the beta came and it wasn’t that good tbh, but I feel like new players are being turnt away due to all the people that will take the game too seriously and give them a hard time when they’re starting out. But alot of high level skilled players have stopped playing the game as much or not at all for the past while, but they’ll probably make a return, they always do. For now I’ll stick to chivalry until it sadly and slowly dies down :(

A lot of people were hyped for For Honor. I wasn’t. I do share your view that all of the new players who just start out are being pushed away since the higher skilled players destroy them. Hopefully more of the skilled players return. I’m just waiting for TGL to come back, but I doubt they will.

I’ll keep Chiv until Mount and Blade Bannerlord comes out on PC then Mordhau. I might still play console but I doubt it :/

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Cake’s future looks bleak, some might say the “mold” will set in

• @TheKnightOfIsla C4KE’s future is one that shalt not be tainted by ‘Mould’. Although, a Mouldy Cake could be used to poison others. ;)

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Yeah but at the cost of ones sponginess

• @TheKnightOfIsla Then I’ll have to use it wisely and on someone who deserves it more than anyone else… ;D

• Banned

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 pls don’t leave us cake

• @SP45T1C-H4WK If I leave then I’ll actually have a life. Having a life sounds terrifying xD