Chivalry Boot Camp

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

@AST-I-Hitokiri said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

@AST-I-Hitokiri To be honest, the SoW is a difficult weapon to use. The stab has the windup time of a Longsword stab, the range isn’t that good at all. The only thing good about it is the speed and stab damage (Feints go under speed of the weapon :P)

Not to mention that it has the accuracy of a blind bull for the stab and overhead (Pretty sure the overhead just has a shitty turn cap). It’s really easy to beat if you know how the opposing player fights. If you fall for the feints then it’s your own fault for not gambling or reading the feint. That just how I view Chiv so… :P

C4KE 2, High-Toe-Kiwi 0

No lol, SoW is noticebly faster in all aspects.

The Stab Feint grunt (to signify its a real attack) happens the same time you get hit. which means you can’t really read it on 30 Fps on 90 Fov.

The SoW is easy to use. you basically get full flexibility in which way you want to attack. meaning your opponent can’t run around you or dodge your attack. so if you’re you fighting a SoW you get feinted 3-4 times by something you can’t read then you die. thats the SoW.

P.S you can’t flinch the SoW so good luck kicking someone right before they attack to gain advange and good luck trying to pull of a trade with a messer when they flinch you instead lol

The SoW is indeed very fast in every aspect but the windup time on a stab is just like the Longswords stab.

Yes the stab feint grunt doesn’t sound until you actually get hit but listening for a grunt really isn’t reliable for feint reading. You won’t be able to read every SoW feint, even PC players have trouble reading a SoW feint.

The SoW really isn’t easy to use. It has one attack that does good damage which is the stab and last time I checked you can’t stab then combo with another stab, it has to be an overhead or slash which does barely any damage at all. Although I get where you’re coming from, only I use the SoW and only feint once or twice with it. Iza is a whole different story xD

Just abuse the SoW’s turn cap and feint the opposing player if they’re feinting you.

P.S. You can’t flinch the SoW? You really can, and as for Messers trading the SoW, it’s became so common now I’ve just started using the Messer.

P.S.S I just have a problem with the grass on moor, it’s just too green, ya know? You can’t concentrate on the enemy when there’s all that delicious grass… I mean… just grass…

P.S.S.S The SoW and many other weapons such as secondaries and MAA weapons were also nerfed in Mercs mod to make everything balanced. No matter what gets nerfed, we’ll always complain about their not being Carrots & Gravy in Dining Hall ;-;

When i first started playing chiv ages ago (Probably around lvl 8) i unlocked the SoW after sometime playing and went from Longsword to SoW. then i did extremely well with the SoW and just assumed i improved but No, i didn’t…the weapon was so fast in every aspect i beat people i would normally find challenging if i was using longsword. not only that but the server can’t keep up with the Speed of the weapon and often lets people pull of Invis Combo’s.

Yeah the game is broken but there is a reason why everyone ignored Claymore and SoW for a long time and why people got annoyed if they used it…why when Harold returns its suddenly okay I’ll never know.

and Knights secondarys are fast yes. but they have no range and can be easily delt if you have more range and Damage output.

take Archers for example (they can’t dash/Dodge) just like the knight and Vanguard.

• Banned

@AST-I-Hitokiri To be honest, the SoW is a difficult weapon to use. The stab has the windup time of a Longsword stab, the range isn’t that good at all. The only thing good about it is the speed and stab damage (Feints go under speed of the weapon :P)

Not to mention that it has the accuracy of a blind bull for the stab and overhead (Pretty sure the overhead just has a shitty turn cap). It’s really easy to beat if you know how the opposing player fights. If you fall for the feints then it’s your own fault for not gambling or reading the feint. That just how I view Chiv so… :P

C4KE 2, High-Toe-Kiwi 0

No lol, SoW is noticebly faster in all aspects.

The Stab Feint grunt (to signify its a real attack) happens the same time you get hit. which means you can’t really read it on 30 Fps on 90 Fov.

The SoW is easy to use. you basically get full flexibility in which way you want to attack. meaning your opponent can’t run around you or dodge your attack. so if you’re you fighting a SoW you get feinted 3-4 times by something you can’t read then you die. thats the SoW.

P.S you can’t flinch the SoW so good luck kicking someone right before they attack to gain advange and good luck trying to pull of a trade with a messer when they flinch you instead lol

The SoW is indeed very fast in every aspect but the windup time on a stab is just like the Longswords stab.

Yes the stab feint grunt doesn’t sound until you actually get hit but listening for a grunt really isn’t reliable for feint reading. You won’t be able to read every SoW feint, even PC players have trouble reading a SoW feint.

The SoW really isn’t easy to use. It has one attack that does good damage which is the stab and last time I checked you can’t stab then combo with another stab, it has to be an overhead or slash which does barely any damage at all. Although I get where you’re coming from, only I use the SoW and only feint once or twice with it. Iza is a whole different story xD

Just abuse the SoW’s turn cap and feint the opposing player if they’re feinting you.

P.S. You can’t flinch the SoW? You really can, and as for Messers trading the SoW, it’s became so common now I’ve just started using the Messer.

P.S.S I just have a problem with the grass on moor, it’s just too green, ya know? You can’t concentrate on the enemy when there’s all that delicious grass… I mean… just grass…

P.S.S.S The SoW and many other weapons such as secondaries and MAA weapons were also nerfed in Mercs mod to make everything balanced. No matter what gets nerfed, we’ll always complain about their not being Carrots & Gravy in Dining Hall ;-;

When i first started playing chiv ages ago (Probably around lvl 8) i unlocked the SoW after sometime playing and went from Longsword to SoW. then i did extremely well with the SoW and just assumed i improved but No, i didn’t…the weapon was so fast in every aspect i beat people i would normally find challenging if i was using longsword. not only that but the server can’t keep up with the Speed of the weapon and often lets people pull of Invis Combo’s.

Yeah the game is broken but there is a reason why everyone ignored Claymore and SoW for a long time and why people got annoyed if they used it…why when Harold returns its suddenly okay I’ll never know.

and Knights secondarys are fast yes. but they have no range and can be easily delt if you have more range and Damage output.

take Archers for example (they can’t dash/Dodge) just like the knight and Vanguard.

This is why I maintain that a good archer is more skilled than the best of knights. Unless they use the javilins… then they are just cowards…

• My problem is with the people who abuse the 30 FPS limit and their lag to win and then proceed to act good.

i won’t say SoW don’t take any skill…but a lvl 10 SoW user vs Lvl 20 Sow User still might be close fight lol.

i prefer fighting people with stable ping, Respectable fighting style and a fun and entertaining fight overall. not some try hard spamming the Stab Feint on me till it works and i die. it’s just downright scummy and Dirty.

if anyone mains the SoW like Iza does they instantly lose the worth of being called “Skilled” in my books lol.

especially when their whole supposed fighting style ranges from (RS + LT) + (Run away) + (Regain Stamina) + (Rinse and repeat) the whole entire fight.
    like how can anyone say that’s skilled? if noobs knew how to do that FFA would be a nightmare xD

Anyway SoW isn’t for the Skilled, Rant over xD

P.S no you can’t combo stabs but you can Combo feint into another stab bypassing the reset timer.

• I 7-0 the tutors to become the true tutor

• @hit-trade Please do. (Apart from me Plzz)

• @SP45T1C-H4WK dead competitively

• @AST-I-Hitokiri in due time, young one 🙏👊

• HELP!

• jk I need to practice my tech skill

• @hit-trade said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

jk I need to practice my tech skill

i won’t be easy anyway 😆 I beat Maharold and Iza in a 2v2 with YounderTrout - 7-3…but lost to Maharold in a 1v1 - 7-5 😢

• @AST-I-Hitokiri lol rip

• This post is deleted!

• P.S i can see Iza Reacting to what i said badly and end up with an arguement. (Although was just Criticism)

this video will sum up the potential argument: https://youtu.be/6kUPyfQJU_c

• SoW wasn’t nerfed on PC anytime recently, unless you mean on Mercs/Comp mod, and they’ve gone back and forth there on feint windows and stab windups.

Also turn cap on swords are all the same, and they have the best turn caps. SoW has slightly faster windup and a shorter release on overheads though, which makes it easier to avoid in some cases. Stab windup on SoW and LS are actually the same.

As for playstyle, stabs on console are much less accurate without a mouse, especially if you play default character mapping and have stab on L3. If they feint a lot, start being more mobile and run to their side more often. Also double parries are great against SoW stab feints.

• @Naleaus said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

SoW wasn’t nerfed on PC anytime recently, unless you mean on Mercs/Comp mod, and they’ve gone back and forth there on feint windows and stab windups.

Also turn cap on swords are all the same, and they have the best turn caps. SoW has slightly faster windup and a shorter release on overheads though, which makes it easier to avoid in some cases. Stab windup on SoW and LS are actually the same.

As for playstyle, stabs on console are much less accurate without a mouse, especially if you play default character mapping and have stab on L3. If they feint a lot, start being more mobile and run to their side more often. Also double parries are great against SoW stab feints.

Thanks for your input ^-^

But It’s kinda impossible to react to the SoW on 30 FPS with the servers being utter Garbage and animations because of said servers look like around 15-20 Fps and thats on a good day…most days they look like 10 Fps

the servers are just terrible…i mean the hitbox for one is just bad, Lag can often hit through parries (even if you both have the same ping, although some people manage to do it more then others, don’t know how) i literally have a video on my YT channel of a guy Throwing 20+ Throwing Axes without the animation of him throwing them let alone Max is 2 axes lol.

Anything super fast has a major advantage on Xbox. not Just because of the feinting ability but Flexibility, No Flinch and Lag often benefits fast weapons too causing 5-8 Seconds full Invis Combo, Hits through parry, ect.

Since Xbox Chiv has been around everyone ignored the SoW and Claymore competitively because of these factors and often consider them dirty.

On PC it’s a different story. 60+ FPS, Adjustable FoV, ect. so Fast weapons is (From what I’ve seen) considered Okay.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri
    But that’s the thing, SoW stab isn’t faster than LS as far as windup. It might appear faster due to smaller skin on SoW, but they both have .6 windups on stab.

The real problem isn’t SoW, but just stab feints on swords in general. SoW just gets blamed cause it can 2 shot vanguards and 3 shot knights with body stabs.

• @Naleaus said in Chivalry Boot Camp:

@AST-I-Hitokiri
    But that’s the thing, SoW stab isn’t faster than LS as far as windup. It might appear faster due to smaller skin on SoW, but they both have .6 windups on stab.

The real problem isn’t SoW, but just stab feints on swords in general. SoW just gets blamed cause it can 2 shot vanguards and 3 shot knights with body stabs.

it’s not the wind up. its the delivery speed along with Frame Rate and Server issues that cause the problems.

i read alot of LS Stab Feints, But with the SoW the grunt and the hit timing is impossible to counter and Deal with.

And some people use then SoW to exploit the Xbox Port’s limitations and Server problems and expect to be Treated as “Skilled” Thats my only problem.

PC Players such as Maharold and Error can’t deal with these exploits either. and funny enough as soon as these SoW abuse started Error went inactive on Chiv and Maharold has literally just sold his xbox lol.

• Im not trying to make a big deal out of this but this is just simply Console problems and limitations.

i appreciate you know the PC side of things and try to help us understand some stuff but Console is very different.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri
    What do you mean delivery speed? The windup is the part you react to typically when reading attacks. You can do that same playstyle with LS, it just won’t 3 shot you.

Harold plays PS4 again. Stab feints suck on PC at 120 fps too. That’s why I mentioned double parries and abusing their accuracy to avoid them.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri
    And I played PS4, dueled Harold a bit before he came to Xbox. The servers suck on both, the only advantage we get is that some maps get 60fps, occasionally. Luckily Moor runs well. If I dueled on Arena, I’d have shit fluctuating FPS too.

I’m speaking of how to avoid the stabs based off my time in PS4. On PC I can just play Comp mod and read them.