Weapons Not Unlocking?

• I don’t know if it’s just that I’m a noob or if it’s a bug (I’ve seen people talk about their unlocks breaking after editing game files etc) but I don’t seem to be unlocking any weapons. last night it was fine for a bit, I unlocked a weapon, but shortly after that it seemed to stop? Is it as simple as (you need this many kills to unlock this weapon) or am I thinking the unlock system is different? I’m getting plenty of kills but the numbers on the unlock list aren’t changing :(

• Yeh the unlock system is definately bugged. Pretty much happening today only for me, and maybe only some servers, some of the time. I think the game uses steam to keep track of unlucks and something is wrong at that end. Its not just me, when I havent been getting the unlocks its been a server wide issue. Not too bad for me as I’ve unlocked a heap of weapons already, must be pretty limiting for the noobs though.

Ive also had issue where I’ve joined a server gotten about 5 kills, had them register, leave the server to join a new one, had the server browser crash then on reloading the game I’ve lost credit for those kills.

• A hotfix is being released very soon (should be today or tomorrow last I heard) that will address some issues with weapon progress not tracking correctly for some players, along with a lot of other issues. There’ll also be another patch released next week I believe.

• Sounds promising.

• The one fear I have - by looking at/addressing the unlock issue people with already unlocked weapons suddenly find they have X more to go, hah. Hopefully unfounded, but then I’ve already unlocked certain weapons about four times…

• This is good to know. My friend is having these issues, he just started playing earlier today. I thought he was just being stupid, but apparently he’s not the only one with the issue. I unlocked all the weapons, minus the last Javelin, the first 3 days of the games release.

• @SlyGoat:

A hotfix is being released very soon (should be today or tomorrow last I heard) that will address some issues with weapon progress not tracking correctly for some players, along with a lot of other issues. There’ll also be another patch released next week I believe.

Too bad there aren’t any reassurances of restoring unlocked weapons - sigh.

• I would have unlocked 2 additional weapons by now if it wasnt for this. I have gotten so many kills and have nothing to show for it! Sucks…