Mirage: Arcane Warfare BETA - Patch 2 Changes
Mirage: Arcane Warfare BETA - Patch 2 Changes
This patch (Beta Patch 2) features many gameplay related changes and fixes, with a focus on build optimization and additional polish. The Mirage Beta represents an unfinished version of the game, but we’re getting there - piece by piece.
Coming at the end of April, Beta Patch 3 will feature several new maps, replacing some previous ones, as detailed in our Beta preview blog.
Read on for a full list of today’s changes…
- Many crash & bug fixes
- More animation and Fx polish
- Abilities now continue to cooldown while you wait to respawn
- This isn’t as drastic as resetting them on spawn but will go still go a long way
- Overtime added to symmetric Objective modes - If when time runs out, score is tied, players on both teams will stop respawning and next objective score wins, if a team is wiped out entirely the other team also wins in Overtime.
- Centered third person camera
- A warning message now appears when the server has crashed or your connection is down
- Movement animation polish
- Added a saturated ambient occlusion effect
- Various tutorial improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed various state/queue desyncs
- Rebalanced health values
- Primarily focused on nerfing some classes like the Vigilist & Taurant
- Reduced upper body bend blend time and bend caps
- Reduced back & strafe speed
- Reduced melee turn caps on overheads and stabs slightly
- Reduced stamina drain by 15% when blocking
- You can now jump during windups again
- Movement abilities can now be used out of Blocked/interrupt
- Reduced blocked/interrupt time slightly
- All abilities now receive a 4s cooldown when feinted/interrupted (previously ranged from 4-10s depending on the ability)
- Reduced active parry time
- Narrowed parry box
- Including some experimental changes that make swing manipulation more powerful against parries
- Melee damage balance - general increase in damage
- Reduced some windup times slightly
- Reduced recovery times slightly
- Reduced feint recovery times
- Increased spawn delay of Barrage and improved its indication
- Ranged loadout:
- Replaced melee attacks with punches
- Increased the fireballs’ projectile speed
- Increased proximity mine damage
- Added damage over time effect to Stasis
- Increased stasis cooldown
- Decreased shove knockback
- More taurant abilities can now be riposted against
- Increased windup mobility of disperse
- Increased iron domes health
- Increased ward strike cooldown
- Increased heroic leap range
- Added in-world Damage/Healing numbers option
- Updated several ability icons
- Ability cooldowns are now visible when the ability is unavailable/silenced
- Fixed issue that caused servers to get laggier over time
- Fixed issue where damage/parry events were appearing that did not match the actual result
- Fixed issue that would frequently cause vaults to fail
- Fixed abilities being shown as active after they were used to kill someone
- Also fixes the Phoenix ability sometimes becoming unavailable until respawn
- Fixed certain keys not being bindable + format adjustments and bug fixes
- Muting VOIP no longer mutes Chat
- Loading screens now properly appear for each map
- Main menu video is no longer sometimes black
- Stasis bubble effect timing issues
- Battle cry and VO fading out after activation no longer occurs
- Fixed crash when returning to the main menu from gameplay
- Fixed VO command placement issues
- Fixed inconsistent end of match experience calculations
- Fixed some abilities allowing alchemancer to fly when activated
- Fixed some instances of animations playing incorrectly when being hit
- Multiple text fixes
- Multiple crash fixes
- AMD users may experience video driver crashes
- Death camera sometimes does not allow player control
- Playstation controllers may not work
- SLI may result in effects artifacts
- Pawns killed in the air may play death animations while floating
- Battlecry animations blend strangely when changing stance
- Out of stamina panting may stop playing
- Sometimes the crosshair will become locked in a state
- FX may sometimes not appear
- Overheal FX may stay longer than overheal
- 1st person sprint animations may sometimes not play
- Tinker mines may sometimes sink into level props
- Players may lose sound from other programs while playing Mirage
- Resolution options changes may sometimes not apply
- Low reproduction client crashes
- Double-speed audio when set to 192kHz in Windows
- Some keys cannot be rebound
- Some placeholder text still visible in the UI
- End of match timer will hang on 0
- Chat in post game will sometimes not work
- Players will sometimes jitter when using levitate
Dat feel when
About reduced parry box
I was promised you would fix the ‘Fe’ of my name ‘★King ℱℯу∂яι∂ ★’ showing up as TM symbols.
I’ve been reppin’ the King of Agatha name for four years Reithur pls
@klimmit one day?
Reduced active parry time
Narrowed parry box
Including some experimental changes that make swing manipulation more powerful against parries
I question logic behind these, you have to bear in mind although a few Chivalry veterans such as myself
have 1000 hours plus of muscle reflex to defend with parry try to bear in mind a lot of new gamer’s will
be coming into the fold after release: So they won’t even be used to having a parry button if from fps shooting
games. This won’t effect me but bear in mind changes for other types of gamer’s non chivalry types who buy mirage:
Lets not pander to a few Chivalry veterans whims who imo are not even veterans as such also I question how those
testers did not raise the fact about abilities regeneration time before this patch or how it got to this stage: As you
know I would have told you straight up with no thoughts of getting on your bad side or psing you lot of.
At least hopefully if 4 players respawn they won 't all die of shock & need defibrillator’s as enemies calmly
walk into the safe house and cull them as if wheat in a field hehe. I have actually seen peons just walk past
fights directly to enemy spawns to upset the respawners this way.
Good stuff nice patch plus tweet worthy indeed .
Just finished a few quick games, it’s better idd, faster & smoother tbh considering my ping was 160 plus.
played on a usa server , I am sure the changes you’ve made should attract more players plus keep the
existing ones happy. Still I just about managed to parry some heavy & fast attackers but it’s more
precise now . Tested on medium settings very nice imo. Although not an expert the netcode is it?
seems better , faster plus smoother, you can also gesture now while moving plus respawning with
full abilities is vastly better also. Good stuff tbh, Looking forward to the big utuber game reviewers
trying this out now after this good new patch release .
Lastly you should fix how players manage to not only join a winning side but stack it further, I got a few trolls
recorded just now at one point after checking score board the winning side infact had 3 more players.
These are the kinds of trolls we have enough of in Chivalry so perhaps you might look at some sort
of effective punishments on them further up the line. The last thing Mirage needs is such blatant team
stacking and trolling.
Also it does seem Taurant , vipress seems to have gained speed reach of abilities
Entropist seem even more powerful eg Entropist walks thru a fireball
then spear manages not to register damage inflected on him then hand chopped as you say not sword yet
still manages to not die and win a melee. It will be interesting to see after release how the forum fills up
with the old arguments about op & nerf classes hehe. My own opinion is reserved about the effects on
Alchemancer for now tbh.
edit: I did like those wings though
Also noted I select TDM games to find now it switches to other modes after first map?
does this mean it will drop players also? it went from 10v10 to 6v6 on some other mode
We have decided to roll back to Beta Patch 1 due to an unusual number of server crashes that came up. Beta Patch 2 returns next week. Beta 1 Servers are already live, just re-download the client.
I suggest stick in the abilities respawn changes for now also try another server hoster provider out ie sim rai
really I do not ever recall server crashes as frequently on those as those mulitbranflakes servers tbh.
No association exists between sim & myself but the very rare chat on steam about old game rigs
but he does provide for sm servers and others with no complaints or crashes as far as I know.
no rush its holidays . Also bear in mind members of your gaming community can’t see the whole
picture so if or when they make suggestions even if they sound outlandish remember that key point:
Looking for a very large egg atm ;p
Patch sounds amazing. Looking forward to trying it next week :)
Reduced melee turn caps on overheads and stabs slightly
What does this mean gradually letting the ROH bug users creep into game?
Reduced stamina drain by 15% when blocking
You can now jump during windups again
Are we to get jump stab moves now
Movement abilities can now be used out of Blocked/interrupt
Reduced blocked/interrupt time slightly
All abilities now receive a 4s cooldown when feinted/interrupted
Reduced active parry time
Narrowed parry box
I question the logic of parry changing at all. be that timeing or size remember your trying to get new
players into game not pander to old fish eyed spin chiv ganking vets who have ruined ffa in chivalry tbh:
Players/gamers who have never played
melee will have a hard enough time actually using a parry button why shouldn’t they have a buffer against
so many eg Taurant chiv knight maul trolls atm or vipress twin sword female who simply go around in packs
spawn killing , ganking with spam while managing to spam laughs taunts?
Including some experimental changes that make swing manipulation more powerful against parries ?
Melee damage balance - general increase in damage
Increased spawn delay of Barrage and improved its indication ----------------
not good tbh: Already vs incredibly op classes.
Replaced melee attacks with punches
I still question having no slash move in combat almost completely useless class in melee having to try to stab forward
or over head while op classes with further ranged swords just spam slash moves while circling you
Increased the fireballs’ projectile speed
very good ignore reddit whiny melee class complain they already have vastly superior op class’s of melee spam
Increased proximity mine damage
Added damage over time effect to Stasis
Increased stasis cooldown
Decreased shove knockback
More taurant abilities can now be riposted against
Increased heroic leap range
**What is the point of having a class that can fly briefly when Vigilist can actually slash it in a split second via an ability
from the ground? let alone being stunning in the air frozen , even taurants over head seems to kill in air as does
tower shield hit in air or carpet mans weapon drainer Not only can these other class all cut down an alchemancer
in flight but they have longer sword range faster with circling slashes/spam plus.
The real challenge is actually not playing as a former melee class from chivalry: ie why should players be able to
simply pickup a Taurant class or vipress etc from first game and win scoreboard on a tdm? top 3 being taurants on one side? or mixed with a vipress twin sword player. Then you have this tower shield class , bad enough that shield can
not only stun when thrown at alchemancer to the point of simply waiting to become on stunned they rush into kill
but they have a leap with smash down? plus can spam those shields everywhere?
As an Alchemancer with 100 hours of just this class it really does seem as the other classes not only get all the
advantages but that is increased after next patch hehe. You really do get an insight into what the other classes
are about and how op they infact are after 100 hours as just Alchemancer**
I noted you can jump of walls mostly to get extra height as Alchemancer to fly ( well not sure if all new alchemancers
figured that out) however sometimes it actually cancels flight a bug imo: I suggest considering Adding to Alchemancer
a non wall second jump so if for eg a player double tapped jump as Alchemancer he gets a higher levitate/fly
Atm jumping of walls that usually give him extra height is ok but to find some times it doesn’t do that but cancels
flight point blank is tiresome esp in battles. If you ever played revenge of shinobi on mega drive that double jump
type of thing is done in the air. At the end of the day Alchemancer has it tuff enough in games let alone jumping
off a wall that actually cancels flight that usually doesn’t etc
This would infact mean Alchemancer flying ability would not be effected by a wall surface or a wall surface
required to try to get extra height: Bear in mind with just a one jump into flight mode all the other classes
can reach / kill Alchemancer with most abilities they have in the loadout .Hence the need for getting off to
a slightly higher altitude with his jumps is key to staying alive slightly longer at least in battles.
The Vigilist’s Heroic Leap was completely useless before, so im glad the range got increased. Just, the shield outclassed its usefulness in every way.
Beta 2 is live now!
The new patch is smashing! Visually the environment looks perfect.
very good isn’t it plus a certain somebody was actually in our TDM match in the Euro ;p
It reminded me of Q1 when it had floor bopping movements a nice touch imo. Video was
made on low or medium settings but not to good as I remembered a movie was also on
in my pc while I was trying to play Mirage while recording it ops…
All good though it looks smoother , richer plays better with more added features in our base 10/10 patch imo.
I noted thus an epic settings video will be made soon. Tempted to try twin swords out as
alt left mixed with right slash combo’s is what I have played as knight in Chivalry for years tbh.
New patch is superb, really really fun now. Maybe we could have a poll on whether jumping should be allowed during blocks though? Because depending on which way its set, it almost feels like a different combat system, but anyways right now it plays really good, a ton better than Beta 1.
But, i think that jumping and thus climbing while in parry mode makes the combat feel a lot smoother, like you’re seamlessly combo-ing, riposting, parrying, doing everything you’d do in a feet planted normal fight, but while scaling and jumping off walls at the same time, without interruptions or limitations, essentially escalating footwork meta to a whole other extreme and incredible level and imo that just feels so exciting and refreshing and feels seamless with how the levels are designed, letting you take advantage of it constantly, i believe thats how it was in the last alpha.
BUT right now its close enough and it feels very good and if people prefer no jumping while blocking, thats fine and i can totally get used to it. But i wonder how many ppl share my preference. And i suppose TB’s preference rules all at some points and thats okay :)
I will add though that especially if you’re gonna keep no jumping while blocking, and since jumping has an ‘invisible cooldown’ anyways, a UI indication of the time until your next jump/mini jump so that you can time your presses perfectly and not be ‘stuck in lock’ would be very helpful and honestly improve the whole feel of the combat from adding that indication alone :)
But yeah basically, since jumping while in parry vs not jumping while in parry makes such a big difference in how the game plays and feels, even though both are great and i just have my slight preference, maybe there should be a vote, unless TB isn’t for it, but how could we get enough ppl to vote…hmm
Love it, extremely fun, and this patch seems like improvements everywhere, from my couple hrs playtime so far. Thanks a lot guys!
EDIT: By the way, please keep and preserve the beautiful piece of code responsible for the known issue “Battlecry animations blend strangely when changing stance” as a toggleable option, its so…i dont know if i can curse on here…HILARIOUS. ITS GLORIOUS. BEAUTIFUL. if this was kept in as an option, it would entertain the masses for hours. im tellin ya, no jokes my boys, it may even be more gorgeous than F10 from Chivalry. Possibly more gorgeous than F10 when the body parts textures stretch…seriously, im glad thats in chivalry. its hilarious looking
Crashes posted before but I did suggest prior that before you go rushing into a game directly after patchs
don’t forget the video settings have usually reset to Epic on my system meaning a lot of lower spec rigs
plus eager to play gamer’s might just stick mouse and fov settings to what they had before but then rush
into a game. Over looking the other video settings such as Epic and uncapped Fps.
Do make sure to put those settings down , it’s a minor but 70% of gamers always over looked this
in Chivalry plus Mirage. I would even suggest a pinned note on steam hub saying after patches
check video settings are not beyond what your computer can handle after every patch .
Hey, Now it’s looking amazing before it, that was not really perfect but now it’s perfect,Nice.