Your favourite weapon?

• Like the title says, which weapon do you enjoy fighting with the most? Would be nice to get a look at other people’s opinions.

Mine is the Bearded Axe. Can’t completely explain why, but I always feel so much better when running around with that one, although it most certainly isn’t one of the weapons where I get my best k/d’s with. Guess I just love the looks of it, especially the carvings on the shaft.

• Axe is good… but I especially like throwing them at people.

Apart from that, I like carrying a shield with me, for taking chokepoints.

• Zweihander by far.

It attacks really slow but the range and damage more than make up for it.

• Javelin. Discovered it after more than 20 hours of non-javelin gameplay.

• Most of them :)

• @SlyGoat:

Most of them :)

Are there any you don’t like?

• Halberd. Good long range poke attack which is great for fending charging berserkers and group work when you have fellow soldiers either side of you.

Or the Sword of War. Just a good all round hand and a half sword. A soldiers sword. With a fantastic name, Sword of War! awesome :D

I really want to love the axe’s. Mainly so I can pretend I am Druss the Legend :P But they just seem really poor especially the double winged one. Should do way more damage than it does.

• The Maul, by a long shot. It’s the Knight’s slowest weapon by far, but it’s so, so powerful (83%, the most in the game?) and if you use that slowness and learn the techniques around it you can crush lots of enemies.

• Claymore. It sucks, but I love claymores.

• @SpaceSteak:

@SlyGoat:

Most of them :)

Are there any you don’t like?

Crossbows, spears and shields.

@The:

The Maul, by a long shot. It’s the Knight’s slowest weapon by far, but it’s so, so powerful (83%, the most in the game?) and if you use that slowness and learn the techniques around it you can crush lots of enemies.

The most of any melee weapon by far - one headshot for any class but knight, which it leaves at only 6% health. My favorite way to kill a knight is kick -> overhead -> kick with the maul (kicks do 5% damage).

• I kinda really like the bardiche for some reason. It just looks bad ass.

• Overall favorite - Knight: Sword of war, no shield

Honorable mentions
    Archer: Warbow w/ shortsword

MAA: Second tier axe w/ oil

Vanguard: idk probably the bardiche, I don’t really play vanguard tho.

• I really like the Halberd, it’s long, powerful, and is like a spear and axe in one. I find myself stabbing with it 75%. The only time I use an overhead swing is when sneaking up behind someone, or if I know the enemy isn’t going to block and is standing still. You basically need to keep the MAA and Knights at bay when using it, if they close your guard you’re usually screwed.

• Warbow, Bodkin Arrow

OR

Tier 1 javelin

Pretty much anything archer :D

• @SOC:

Claymore. It sucks, but I love claymores.

I dunno. The Claymore is the best of the 3 two-handed swords, in my opinion. It’s fast, and the damage is only slightly less than the base two hander. I want to like the Zweihander, but it’s too slow for me.

• Oil pots, the sound of it breaking, the fire and the screams is awesome :D

• Tossing a javelin through somebodies skull is always super rewarding but I also love the norse sword.

• @NewsMuffin:

@SOC:

Claymore. It sucks, but I love claymores.

I dunno. The Claymore is the best of the 3 two-handed swords, in my opinion. It’s fast, and the damage is only slightly less than the base two hander. I want to like the Zweihander, but it’s too slow for me.

I felt the same way, at first - but you can manipulate your swings with slow weapons to get around parries, and once you’re used to doing so, the Zwei is a very viable weapon. The Claymore still has the edge because fast weapons have more tricks, but the Zwei is definitely better than the Greatsword for a few key reasons, particularly the ability to kill evasive MaAs with a single slash and Knights with 2 overheads, in addition to the range advantage. I actually think the zwei has a major edge against the claymore in a 1v1 situation as well, because the claymore requires precise overheads or stabs to the skull to inflict a 2 hit kill on a vanguard, while the zwei can just slash twice with its superior range and built-in ‘feint’ due to slow swings.

• How could you get all of those weapons? I try to figure it out and i post a question but can you give me some additions idea of how to get clay more or heavy javelin…

• @duongphearom:

How could you get all of those weapons? I try to figure it out and i post a question but can you give me some additions idea of how to get clay more or heavy javelin…

Getting kills with a weapon progresses unlocks towards the next weapon of that type; 25 kills for the first and 75 for the second.

There are some known issues with unlocks tracking which will be addressed in an upcoming patch - should be soon.