Beta or joke?

• Ok, I understand that it’s just begining, you’re starting and so on. But enough is enough.

I bought the game on the first day it went to the public.
    On the first day i had first “UDK.exe stopped working”. Rank and unlocks lost, had to start from the begining. And one more time. And one more time. Was it enough? Nah, game is great, so i played still, even loosing my progress every second day… But guess what. Just had BSOD during play. Guess what more. Lost my progress in rank and unlocks.

For me it’s enough, just launch the patch and make this game playable, coz now it’s like open beta…

• Typically, I give a lot of leeway to upstart games, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s a “joke”, but it’s definitely riddled with problems that should’ve been fixed before official release. Even the interface in-game is barebones. I understand that TBS is a small studio and can only work so fast, but that isn’t an all-encompassing excuse. Basic things seem to have been overlooked.

Helmet customization should be taken off the menu options until it’s integrated.
    Bugs that are discouraging people to give up and uninstall should be priority and the progress on the fixes for those should be vocalized and announced.
    Hovering over a locked weapon/item should show what criteria need to be met in order for it be unlocked. I was incredibly surprised that this wasn’t integrated.
    Where are player stat pages? Don’t need anything too fancy, just maybe a page that says total kills, total deaths, kdr, rank, rank progress, etc. Simple things.

With that being said… I’m willing to give this game chance after chance, mainly because I love the idea so much. The combat is intensely fun and competitive and it offers a truly enjoyable experience, it just has plenty of creases that need to be ironed out. So while I will remain patient, as I’m not a ‘gamer’ really and am not itching to jump to other titles, I do understand why some people will cave to the frustration and abandon ship.

• I won’t abandon ship, because this game is awesome and it’s worth every penny i spend. Or rather it would be if only there wouldn’t be so big, obvious and massive bugs that totaly kills the joy of spilling blood - unlocking the same weapon for fourth time, with strong belief that tommorow it will get locked again is not what i like.

But still, I hope that there will be patch soon that will make those problems go away forever (and hopefully add duel hotseat mode) - the mechanics of combat is worth it.

• Lucky you can even get into a game.

Have yet to play online… this is frustrating to say the least.

I understand its a small dev team, but don’t release an unfinished product and expect 25 dollars for it.

• If you are talking about “no servers error” (i had it too) there actually is a fix on the forum.

• Yes, I have tried that fix. No luck yet.

• @.Birch.:

Helmet customization should be taken off the menu options until it’s integrated.
    Bugs that are discouraging people to give up and uninstall should be priority and the progress on the fixes for those should be vocalized and announced.
    Hovering over a locked weapon/item should show what criteria need to be met in order for it be unlocked. I was incredibly surprised that this wasn’t integrated.
    Where are player stat pages? Don’t need anything too fancy, just maybe a page that says total kills, total deaths, kdr, rank, rank progress, etc. Simple things.

Helmet customization is already integrated - there are exclusive helmets for those who backed the game’s Kickstarter above a certain pledge level.

The most severe bugs are being given high priority, obviously. The upcoming hotfix will fix numerous crash issues as well as weapon unlocks not tracking properly. There will be another patch in a week or so as well.

The number shown on weapons which ticks down by 1 every time you get a kill with a previous weapon of that type struck me as a pretty obvious unlock criteria.

Stat pages were never a confirmed feature and it’s still up in the air whether they’ll be added or not, considering the community’s opinion is split on the issue.

The issue with the server browser is complicated. From what I understand, the problem will never be fully fixed without a patch to Steam, as it’s a problem with steamworks which effects some users across multiple games using steamworks. The solutions provided by the developers are merely workarounds that work for most players in the interim, and TBS is diligently working on doing as much as they can to alleviate the issue as much as possible on their end - but they don’t control Steam, so this one is up to Valve to fully fix.

• I hate to be negative about the server issue but for a game that is 99.9% multiplayer, its not just a small issue.

Hopefully it gets worked out soon. Wouldn’t have purchased the game if I had known that it wasn’t ready for retail as it seems to be.

Thanks for the info though SlyGoat. Good to hear that some fixes are coming soon.

• I don’t understand how everyone has so much trouble getting into the game. You do have to download a server file (at least i did) before servers will show up. Apart from that I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to get in. There’s 100s sometimes close to 1000 players online

• @SlyGoat:

The number shown on weapons which ticks down by 1 every time you get a kill with a previous weapon of that type struck me as a pretty obvious unlock criteria.

Yeah, except it DOESN’T WORK. I get kill after kill and the number doesn’t move. I only recently found out that getting kills with a throwing spear DON’T COUNT, you have to stab people to get it to count. I mean, what the hell? I payed money for a product and it’s not delivering.

I know you’ve said the patch is coming, and that’s great, I’ll wait, but don’t patronize people because they don’t understand why that number isn’t going down.

• bsod? udk crashing? that’s mainly your computer, the ui is simple. you don’t like simple? then idk why don’t you make a costume mod pack? can’t connect? have you tried the router’s firewall?

• @jetter10

It appears that the game has been crashing on the server load screen for many people over the past 2 days. It has also started happening to me.

• @Goretooth:

I don’t understand how everyone has so much trouble getting into the game. You do have to download a server file (at least i did) before servers will show up. Apart from that I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to get in. There’s 100s sometimes close to 1000 players online

There’s actually upwards of 4,000+ players online during peak hours now :)

But yes - this is certainly a real issue that some players are unable to get around at the moment. TBS is doing all they can to fix it on their end, but once again, it appears to be an issue with Steamworks.

@ jetter10: There are also some known crashes being fixed in a patch soon, as already mentioned - it isn’t the fault of the users or their hardware.

@grimlp: I’m sorry if I came off as patronizing. Javelin ranged kills not counting for unlocks is also a known issue.

• @SlyGoat:

@.Birch.:

Helmet customization is already integrated - there are exclusive helmets for those who backed the game’s Kickstarter above a certain pledge level.

The most severe bugs are being given high priority, obviously. The upcoming hotfix will fix numerous crash issues as well as weapon unlocks not tracking properly. There will be another patch in a week or so as well.

Stat pages were never a confirmed feature and it’s still up in the air whether they’ll be added or not, considering the community’s opinion is split on the issue.

The issue with the server browser is complicated. From what I understand, the problem will never be fully fixed without a patch to Steam, as it’s a problem with steamworks which effects some users across multiple games using steamworks. The solutions provided by the developers are merely workarounds that work for most players in the interim, and TBS is diligently working on doing as much as they can to alleviate the issue as much as possible on their end - but they don’t control Steam, so this one is up to Valve to fully fix.

My rank was reset to 0 from rank 14 and my weapon unlocks were all wiped. Is a fix for that included in the “weapon unlocks not tracking properly” fix you just mentioned? I’m not working my way to 14 from 0 again.

• @jetter10:

bsod? udk crashing? that’s mainly your computer, the ui is simple. you don’t like simple? then idk why don’t you make a costume mod pack? can’t connect? have you tried the router’s firewall?

I would consider this but:

• it was first BSOD on my current notebook, and first on any of my notebooks in XXI century (i know how to use computer)
    • i have some games on steam, i also played them quite a lot time and not even one had udk crashing.

Rest, as i persume, are not awnsers to my post.

• i think they tried to do too much at once with this “beta.” it feels more like a late playable alpha to me to be honest.

• Great concepts, absolutely terrible coding. Good on the devs for wanting to get the game out, too bad they have failed at their jobs abysmally and there is only half a game there.

Give it 12 months and it’ll be gold, probably one of the most entertaining multiplayer games you can get your hands on. Right now though, the game is a pile of buggy fecal matter.

• @paulioc3:

Lucky you can even get into a game.

Have yet to play online… this is frustrating to say the least.

I understand its a small dev team, but don’t release an unfinished product and expect 25 dollars for it.

Yeah I agree.
    All I managed to see is the main menu.