King Vs King!

• Exactly! that would be brilliant indeed, i especially like your idea about the special sword options/ shield cover tactics used by the defending players :)

• I didn’t think mason order had a king, but a general? Very good idea though.

• Love the idea. But I immediately think of the frustration that could occur when the king is chosen at random. Maybe like a five minute team death-match beforehand and the guys with highest scores on both teams get to be king/general. Just so you won’t have a troll to protect, or someone who hasn’t got a clue what’s going on.

• @Kwal:

Love the idea. But I immediately think of the frustration that could occur when the king is chosen at random. Maybe like a five minute team death-match beforehand and the guys with highest scores on both teams get to be king/general. Just so you won’t have a troll to protect, or someone who hasn’t got a clue what’s going on.

No I think it should be random and even if you get a really noobish king he would have enhanced armour so he could take more hits. We dont want 1 archer shot to end the round before it starts.

• I think King vs King would work very well on that Last Team Standing map with the hills and fields and little lake to the side. I can’t remember its name, but this sounds like a lot of fun.

• Like it. But it could be boring being a king and always stay somewhere hidden.

• I like it.

• @gameassassin1020:

No I think it should be random and even if you get a really noobish king he would have enhanced armour so he could take more hits. We dont want 1 archer shot to end the round before it starts.

Of course, I imagine the king to be like the king in the map with the boiling oil. Just saying it will be vastly uneven if one team gets a king who charges in and can’t block and the other gets someone who is more careful. Not really fun if it’s too easy for one side.

• @Siegbert:

Like it. But it could be boring being a king and always stay somewhere hidden.

The king is usually beefier than most players. They’d probably travel in groups with other players and kill steal a lot :)

@Kwal:

Love the idea. But I immediately think of the frustration that could occur when the king is chosen at random. Maybe like a five minute team death-match beforehand and the guys with highest scores on both teams get to be king/general. Just so you won’t have a troll to protect, or someone who hasn’t got a clue what’s going on.

That sounds about right. Maybe it’s a really small map and then it gets bigger once the king is introduced. The king doesn’t come out until the #1 person on each side gets killed?

@plaze2:

I didn’t think mason order had a king, but a general? Very good idea though.

The revolutionaries always have a king in mind 8-)

• Wow sounds really awesome, nice idea xD abut what is when a noob plays teh king ;-), no a higher ranked should be choosen

• @Siegbert:

Depends on how u play, u could play as king and rush to kill the other one with your royal guard, and it would be possible that at the end the only 2 remaining would be the kings!(in the case of a LTS style but the goal would be killing the king)
    Then it would be an epic King vs King duel, just epic!

Each round of the King Kill map, a new king would be choosen and so on!
    First team to win 7rounds wins the map, just like LTS, but the main goal would be kill the king!

• Sounds like a nice idea…and I already LOVE the king objective in TO. :D

• @brahmburiii:

Wow sounds really awesome, nice idea xD abut what is when a noob plays teh king ;-), no a higher ranked should be choosen

What about a Promotion system? where each player can vote for a particular person who would be best suited to playing the king (or Mason General ;) ) but i think the random is the best, so everyone gets a fair shot at being the King :)

@PexeD:

@Siegbert:

Depends on how u play, u could play as king and rush to kill the other one with your royal guard, and it would be possible that at the end the only 2 remaining would be the kings!(in the case of a LTS style but the goal would be killing the king)
    Then it would be an epic King vs King duel, just epic!

Each round of the King Kill map, a new king would be choosen and so on!
    First team to win 7rounds wins the map, just like LTS, but the main goal would be kill the king!

And yeah i agree with you on the King Vs King duel!
    we could have varying game options with this game modes, we could have a constant respawn rate of troops until your king dies. Or it could just be when you die, you die, so each side could be wittled down to just the two kings. An epic conclusion to a match i think :)

• The King in TO Stonehill is chosen with the preliminary objectives.

You could structure the mode in such a way that the two sides have to fight some more normal objectives first, preferably symmetrical ones, and then, if neither wins by some short, maybe 5 minute deadline, the two Kings arrive at the head of a bunch of reinforcements and a new battle takes place. The first bit could be KoH or something, like taking over a central tower or fortress. If on side wins, they’ve lore-captured that fortress, and can force-project from there, which causes the losing side to retreat, and no battle takes place.

1. Short KoH round where each side tries to capture a symmetrical strategic objective. Result: A quick win or a stalemate, which continues into:
    2. Two Kings on the Hill :jlaff: , the mode suggested in this thread. The best-performing players become the Kings.

• Yeah it should be random, imagine if someone joins and always has 25/3 score or just always is first on the scoreboard, would ruin it for everyone else, especially for the new players. Everyone would want to try it at least once

And it would be really fun with the random system since you would see different types of kings

Like some will be very aggressive and charge in with their troops while some will stay behind them

It also adds some realism, what if it was real life and the king had no experience in battle, (new player)

Dont be so competitive, have some fun

• @DeathwolfX03:

Yeah it should be random, imagine if someone joins and always has 25/3 score or just always is first on the scoreboard, would ruin it for everyone else, especially for the new players. Everyone would want to try it at least once

And it would be really fun with the random system since you would see different types of kings :P

Like some will be very aggressive and charge in with their troops while some will stay behind them

It also adds some realism, what if it was real life and the king had no experience in battle, (new player)

Disagree. Anybody can get good in the game plus the score system obviously isn’t about kills only. So depending on how good you’re doing your job for the team the higher you get.
    You may not always be the best on a map but sometimes maybe and when you are you definitely feel rewarded for playing good.
    Afterall, it’s not such an amazing thing to be king on this map. You have to keep hiding from anybody while your other guys do the work.

I don’t want it to be random since in my experience there are too many players who simply don’t care about the team. They want to have fun. So they run out, fighting like fools, get killed and your faction lost. Practically nobody gains anything by foolish kings getting killed too early.

• Thats not exactly what I meant when I said “fun”

More like everyone enjoying the game, having a lighter atmosphere while still doing the objectives.

For example if a new player got the king role and died a bit early, you might get a bit annoyed but you can still keep it cool because there is always another round + he is new and still has to get better at it.

I just don’t like games full of stress where everyone on the team goes crazy and rages at a single person if he fails to complete certain task

I didnt say that I wanted trolls running around though.

• More rounds on the same map is definitely something that I want. [offtopic]Also I don’t actually like that after each round the text box disappears and then you wait 10 seconds for nothing until the map changes. So if you’ve been having a little chat about last round it’s heavily interrupted by this.[/offtopic]

• @DeathwolfX03:

Yeah it should be random, imagine if someone joins and always has 25/3 score or just always is first on the scoreboard, would ruin it for everyone else, especially for the new players. Everyone would want to try it at least once

And it would be really fun with the random system since you would see different types of kings :P

I agree with you.

• i will call this mod : chivalry fortress warfare