Lets start a 1v1 server!

• Rules are simple:
    If you see a lonesome warrior, declare war at him and you guys can fight each other
    If you see someone fighting another, then leave them alone and find someone without a loving partner.
    If you are an archer, you can only fight another single archer.
    If a votekick occurs, reply yes.
    Do not start a votekick unless someone disobey the rules.

Those are the rules! Now we need a server and people!!
    anyone wants to volunteer and give a server?

• There are already a lot of fan servers specifically for dueling. There will be official ones soon.

• @Jake:

There are already a lot of fan servers specifically for dueling. There will be official ones soon.

Yep, just search for “duel” in the server list. Almost everyone is respectful and it’s quite fun. Would be nice to have some more North American duel servers though. They’re very popular (and hence nearly always full) servers.

• yes we need more duel servers…some of them only allow 8 players. ( I can understand why )
    So thats why we need more. and the ability to vote kick players should be easier -_-

It says : type “confirm X” to confirm your kickvote and it does nothing when I type “confirm X” or “X”

• @Neogodhobo:

yes we need more duel servers…some of them only allow 8 players. ( I can understand why )
    So thats why we need more. and the ability to vote kick players should be easier -_-

It says : type “confirm X” to confirm your kickvote and it does nothing when I type “confirm X” or “X”

It shows a list of characters with a number in front of their name. “X” is the number of the player you want to votekick.

Example:
    0: Neogodhobo
    1: Jake

you would say “confirm 1” to start a voting for kicking me.

• @Jake:

@Neogodhobo:

yes we need more duel servers…some of them only allow 8 players. ( I can understand why )

It shows a list of characters with a number in front of their name. “X” is the number of the player you want to votekick.

Example:

Is that how it also works?

I usually do “votekick Jake”
    then type “Confirm 0”

and it works. I always do confirm zero and it always votekicks the person I originally typed.

• @Chuckdatass:

@Jake:

@Neogodhobo:

Example:

Is that how it also works?

I usually do “votekick Jake”
    then type “Confirm 0”

and it works. I always do confirm zero and it always votekicks the person I originally typed.

You can do it that way, but if the name isn’t easy to spell like mine, just type votekick, and you’ll see the list of players.

• oh it also just needs a piece of the name.

So if your name is “Jake the Great”

I can just type votekick Jake and it will work. It’s pretty good on comparing pieces of the name.

• @Chuckdatass:

“Jake the Great”

I’m tempted to change my Steam name to that now…

• Can’t wait for a duel server. Some don’t like the strategic gameplay of running around prowling… as strategic as it CAN be… it’s dull and not near as intense as having a duel with someone.

Whenever I’m in a public game and tons of people are going at it, if I so much as START going toe to toe with a knight, I just run away. By he time he (assumed to be a good player) is even close to dead, there’s greater odds of getting stabbed in the back.

• We currently have two dueling servers up under the Team ßCE name. We’re located on the west coast; if there is desire for more, we can definitely add more - just let me know.

• Keep in mind that the number of players shown in the server list isn’t necessarily accurate, it might say 4/4 but have 9 people with room for more.

• @gmillar:

Keep in mind that the number of players shown in the server list isn’t necessarily accurate, it might say 4/4 but have 9 people with room for more.

This is a bug being fixed in today’s hotfix, actually :)

• Search for duel in server name with not filters and you will find quite a few servers where duelling is working great.

Just please remember to state if you are going to use thrown weapons… Hate when I get killed by someone who is about to loose…

• What about maps, game mode and number of players?

I mean the gladiators arena is a definite choice but does it get boring to look at after time? Which other maps are good?

Game mode. FFA seems like the right choice, but it could become to crowded and unpredictable if one or 2 start attacking all over the place.
    LTS? is probably more controlled but duels would be greatly delayed. But it allows for spectators and crowning of a champion.

Number of players? The more the merrier right? I think NOT in this case. Even 24 sounds like alot for FFA mode duel server but works ok for LTS.