Dynamic blood in yo face

• Add something like this to Chiv it would be coolio
    0lp3HD3RQOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lp3HD3R … r_embedded

Yee make it happen

• I agree that looks awesome. Slitting necks and watching the blood spurt out is just what we need.

• …and you could identify all teabaggers by their red butts :D

• Linked properly for you :)

• @Falc:

…and you could identify all teabaggers by their red butts :D

Sure… if checking everyone’s butt is your hobby lol.

• If the blood trails on the ground were there, shooting someone with a bow and then following a blood trail could be interesting. It seems like it would be rough on some computers though. All the reason more reason for me to get a new one!

• lol that poor bunneh reminded me of that guy from the hitcher who gets his throat torn by some handcuffs (is real juicy…)

so will blood stain environments like in aoc as well as player models?

• That is epically cool.

• the blood effects still needs some fixes. Considering if there’s more then 4 people with blood effects on them it tends to get choppy. I agree though it would be epic

• In my opinion its unrealistic, how may the spits of blood come through the armor? even if its crushed blood will stream down the armor , in the most cases there will be no/less blood
    also it will just bug the game with no goal
    leave the blood effects which you have 4 now

• @eublefar:

In my opinion its unrealistic, how may the spits of blood come through the armor? even if its crushed blood will stream down the armor , in the most cases there will be no/less blood
    also it will just bug the game with no goal
    leave the blood effects which you have 4 now

Well, as far as I know, only one class will actually wear full plate armour, the others will probably wear chainmail, so I don’t think there’s much of a problem there.

• same for chainmail , its pretty impossible to destroy because it does not stops the hit it just helps to avoid cuts
    no cuts ==> no blood
    just crippled body parts and lots of pain
    in my opinion the biggest problem of all medieval games is a lots of blood when hitting armour
    the atmosphere is completely destroyed for me when i see bleeding metal
    good idea is to make those effects for leather armor or men without helmets though

• Chainmail helps avoid cuts and puncture wounds, but it doesn’t make you entirely cut- or stab-proof, afaik. I agree that most blows would do no more than some bludgeoning damage, but I’d expect you can still get a nasty wound from an arrow fired from close range or a solid hit with an axe. Anyway, I get your point, it becomes disturbing when it’s overdone. I don’t find it much of an issue though.

edit: been looking up some video’s on YouTube about mail, and I found these two

O-9I-Imp5BE
    tzKC3O0RnlY

In all fairness, the first video is of course not really a very truthful test, as they put the mail on a perfectly static and solid target, and take an absolutely perfect swing/shot at it. That’s why I put the second video there. It doesn’t really show anything about mail, but the important part is where Loades says “in those circumstances, the mail is perfectly adequate protection”.

So you’re right, most blows would glance off, but the moment you get a solid strike at your opponent, the mail is quite likely to fail, and you’ll probably see some blood.

editedit: well, I re-read your post and I guess you were saying exactly what I was saying. Nevermind.

• It would be nice to make hit effects which will depend on real physics
    like red spots from arrow
    lots of blood from got stabed in chainmail, leather etc.
    metal sound of hitting fully armoured knight or helmet
    also it would fit with the momentum (damage scaled effects)
    P.S. On the firs video looks like its converged mail like this

im not sure but in late 13th - 14th century there already were riveted chainmails like this

1 - 2 i bet
    they were much more immortal )

• @eublefar:

It would be nice to make hit effects which will depend on real physics
    like red spots from arrow
    lots of blood from got stabed in chainmail, leather etc.
    metal sound of hitting fully armoured knight or helmet
    also it would fit with the momentum (damage scaled effects)

I honestly don’t think it’s worth all the work. I have very little interest in realistic visual effects, at least not to that extent.

• I would love to see this effect in the game

• Developer

I can tell you that this is one of the aspects where hollywood realism wins over factual realism, why? Because its cooler and more interesting to see gore than just black bits of armour. And we need a way to show to the player not only that his hit has landed, but where it landed, so having a more obvious indication of hit location (RED) helps a lot for this effect and communicating that information to the player. We have some pretty interesting plans in this department but can’t reveal them just yet.

• Good ^

• Just had an unrelated thought, having hairy arms/legs and chest must have been painful!

As for blood, will too much blood in game affect the game rating in the end?

• Developer

We’ve likely already sealed our fate by including decapitations. After that point theres not really much hope of getting less than M.