Attack interruptions

• Are knights and Vanguard attacks supposed to be partially immune to being interrupted or is spam swinging something the game emphasizes? Multiple times I get hits during a wind up or wind down of a swing of their weapons. Attacks do not interrupt however, it just leaves them to typically one shot man at arms or archers defending with their daggers/swords/maces. It’s frustrating and it’s not so much challenging as it is mindless to go up against.

• No they are not immune. I punish Vanguards all the time, by stabbing them as they attempt to do a long slow LMB. You are probably just a little slow to stop their attack. But I have dueled enough to know it can and does get stopped.

• When exactly do you time a swing to interrupt theirs then? It does seem random at times, with me stopping their swings sometimes, and other times not, only for me to eat a face full of a 2 hander.

• @TeaSeeOh:

When exactly do you time a swing to interrupt theirs then? It does seem random at times, with me stopping their swings sometimes, and other times not, only for me to eat a face full of a 2 hander.

You must interrupt it as the sword is being pulled pack. If it is coming forward at all, even an inch forward it is too late. You must essentially stop their attack the moment they press the button to attack. You have to be quick and make sure you do an attack that lands quickly. Poking works the best, also slower weapons like the vanguards takes longer to begin the swing so you have more time against them.

• @Chuckdatass:

@TeaSeeOh:

When exactly do you time a swing to interrupt theirs then? It does seem random at times, with me stopping their swings sometimes, and other times not, only for me to eat a face full of a 2 hander.

You must interrupt it as the sword is being pulled pack. If it is coming forward at all, even an inch forward it is too late. You must essentially stop their attack the moment they press the button to attack. You have to be quick and make sure you do an attack that lands quickly. Poking works the best, also slower weapons like the vanguards takes longer to begin the swing so you have more time against them.

Pretty sure I’ve attacked people plenty of times like that and the interrupt doesn’t work. If you tell me this game has no bugs and is perfect you can stop posting.

• @geladius:

Pretty sure I’ve attacked people plenty of times like that and the interrupt doesn’t work. If you tell me this game has no bugs and is perfect you can stop posting.

Hmm not a fan of that tone. I claim nothing but advice. Duel me and we shall see if its a bug or you. SteamID is my username.

• @Chuckdatass:

@geladius:

Hmm not a fan of that tone. I claim nothing but advice. Duel me and we shall see if its a bug or you. SteamID is my username.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE2sxCQ_rU

rofl….should have expected this kind of comments from a guy with a anime avatar. Moving on…right now the interrupt system is unresponsive at best.

ps Your wife is a hobby horse.

• Keep it clean gentlemen.

• But geladius he is not wrong. Similar to fighting games animations on attacks have startup frames. If you hit them DURING these startup frames, you interrupt the attack. If you miss even by 1 frame, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Spend some time on dueling servers to get used to it. It really isn’t unresponsive at all. I’ve had problems only a few times and mostly because of latency issues.

• I would suggest playing with big slow weapons yourself for a while. Actually, search for the Vanquish clan server (Or Royal Knights clan server if you’re on Europe) next time you play, and go try and spam a big slow sword on there, to get a good idea of how potent the flinching system actually is. I assure you it isn’t random at all. There is, however, an animation bug that sometimes manifests when an attack is flinched or parried, which may be misleading you.

• One thing I’m unclear of after playing for a while… if you attack between swings and when the player is going to attempt a combo, can you still interrupt that? It seems that the recovery frames would blend in with the startup frames of the next attack, and I swear i’ve hit vanguard when their sword is pulling back only to have them continue their attack.

• @lucky:

One thing I’m unclear of after playing for a while… if you attack between swings and when the player is going to attempt a combo, can you still interrupt that? It seems that the recovery frames would blend in with the startup frames of the next attack, and I swear i’ve hit vanguard when their sword is pulling back only to have them continue their attack.

Yes you can, but again you must do it as soon as the first swing ends. So if your weapon is too short you may not be close enough to get it in time. I generally duel with a 2 hander, so I always go for the poke unless a vanguard has a super long weapon then I just wait feint attack after his combo.