Matchmaking questions

• Since your 3v3 servers are now online, I’ve got a couple questions about matchmaking system. Beforehand, it should be said, that every time, I’ve tried to join a game through matchmaking, I got impatient and tried the old-fashioned way of selecting a server to join manually. But I generally didn’t wait more than a minute. So I’m curious, whether anyone had it actually work for them.

First, am I right in my assumption, that 3v3 servers are (and will be) accessible only through matchmaking?

Second, what do blue dots next to matchmaking timer mean? Are they some kind of a progress bar? I didn’t see them go past 3 dots ever, but I paid attention only a couple of times.

Third, after what amount of time, should I give up and go look for a server?

P.S. I kind of understand why you did it, but please save us the hassle of one extra click when trying to access server browser, it being hidden in advanced options(with it being the only advanced option) and all.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @m0lshevic said in Matchmaking questions:

Since your 3v3 servers are now online, I’ve got a couple questions about matchmaking system. Beforehand, it should be said, that every time, I’ve tried to join a game through matchmaking, I got impatient and tried the old-fashioned way of selecting a server to join manually. But I generally didn’t wait more than a minute. So I’m curious, whether anyone had it actually work for them.

By the way, you can join and play in a server while queueing. Just start the queue, join a casual deathmatch server, and it will still be searching. You don’t need to cancel it to use the server browser.

First, am I right in my assumption, that 3v3 servers are (and will be) accessible only through matchmaking?

Signs point to yes.

Second, what do blue dots next to matchmaking timer mean? Are they some kind of a progress bar? I didn’t see them go past 3 dots ever, but I paid attention only a couple of times.

Signs point to we don’t know; other signs point to them representing the number of players the system has found and matched you with.

Third, after what amount of time, should I give up and go look for a server?

Never, just let the queue run while you look for a server. I had a queue today that lasted 7000 seconds before it found me 4 other players (ended up being a 2 v 3).

P.S. I kind of understand why you did it, but please save us the hassle of one extra click when trying to access server browser, it being hidden in advanced options(with it being the only advanced option) and all.

It’s not really a big deal. The extra button has the value of making sure everyone knows that the queueing is to be the main method of joining servers, with the server browser as a secondary option (even though that’s totally not the case right now).

• We have a few Arena servers available in the server browser.

The interface for accessing the server browser may change in the future, as may the progress indication for the matchmaking queuing.

Matchmaking requires a minimum number of players from the same region all seeking the same type of match to work. Most of our current playerbase seems to prefer the server browser at the moment, partly because matchmaking has not been available for most of the beta (and alpha).

• Wow, it worked! Probably cause it’s open beta.

However, first time I joined arena, I was moved to purple team which already had 3 players. So it was a 4v2. I’ll try again now and post if the issue persists. Also I couldn’t reconnect to the arena server, something about the guest list.

• Ok, here’s another issue. I got in to another arena match(was a 3v2 this time), but it was on US server(while I’m from Russia). Judging by the ping, everyone else was not from US too. Matchmaking with other regions is disabled in options.

• @m0lshevic Thanks for the feedback.

We are working on a fix for the unbalanced arena matches.

It is likely that the first person who hit the matchmaking button is where the other players eventually matched to; this should be resolved when there are more players per region.

• 0_1494532865815_20170511230341_1.jpg
    There’s also this minor issue(top left corner dots don’t fit spaces for them).