Team Auto-balance

• Hello,
    Played Chivalry a day now and i’m loving almost every second of it. But when i play the game there is one thing that really is annoying becouse you can’t counter it nor out skill it. It is unbalanced teams.
    There are two problems with the balance in a team: beginning of the game and overall in the game.

In the beginning of a game 80% of all players go blue team (agatha i think). Why? i don’t know.
    This creates uneven start and if you are in the stone mason you get multiganked by four people or more.
    Second problem is when some1 leaves you also get unbalanced teams. Here is the problem that none wants to change team so the game goes on with several more persons in the opposite team until new persons joins the game.

So my suggestion is: auto-balance.
    Whenever the teams are unbalanced the game automaticly balance the team so there is a equal amount of players in each team.

• Yeeeees Pleaaassseee !

• They are working on it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2203

• Thanks Polymorph! glad they are working on it :)

• Auto-balance is already implemented, but they are working on improving it. If you don’t see it working at all then the server operator may have turned it off through the config file.

• When the next patch is deployed (should be soon) official servers will restart and have autobalance enabled. Currently autobalance is in need of some major improvements (swapping players who are alive, swapping the same person multiple times) which is why it isn’t on by default yet I believe. Unofficial servers will still be left up to server operators.

• @SlyGoat:

Currently autobalance is in need of some major improvements

Agreed, but I still run it on my server since it’s worth the tradeoff. One change I did make was decreasing the firing time for autobalance to once every minute instead of every 30 seconds. It helps to mitigate the disruption to game flow.