As an archer, I would like to kick

• Well, I realize if us archers could kick over and over with a bow out it would be a little bit OP. So what I would like to suggest is give us a kick that we can use every 15 seconds with the bow out. There’s been soo many times where I have just seen this vanguard come up to me with a huge pole arm and I can’t switch weapons because he’s already hitting me. Being able to kick to at least be able to pull out my dagger would be nice. Right now we are just meatbags to a decent vanguard.

• I appreciate how you posted this suggestion respectfully.

I dont know about giving the archers a kick but I do know of one method for killing vanguards that’s sure to work. A class change to the Heavy Knight will send them running! And should the foolish attack you can cleave their heads clean off their shoulders!

I know you already know the balance of the game depends on certain characters having an edge over each other in a rock-paper-claymore fashion but that’s the only answer I have for now.

• “to a decent vanguard” really? because i am a decent vanguard. and good archers can headshot you when close. they can change to the sword and get into very close range and stab stab stab. using the environment around them so the vanguard can’t swing. timing the parries correctly…

• @jetter10:

“to a decent vanguard” really? because i am a decent vanguard. and good archers can headshot you when close. they can change to the sword and get into very close range and stab stab stab. using the environment around them so the vanguard can’t swing. timing the parries correctly…

look that’s tons easier said than done. You realize how hard it is to actually utilize the environment to your will as an archer? it requires something small that you can run around and hope that the vanguard swings at it instead of just kicking you away from it… It doesn’t just happen like that, it’s no easy task. A vanguard can kick just like we can with our daggers out. We should be able to do it with our bows out. it’s not like it gives us an advantage of you guys, especially only being able to do it every 15 seconds with the bow out, you will still have a clear advantage.

I would also like to point out, if you are losing to an archer at melee your doing something wrong.

• I don’t like being helpless as an archer in close range, but I also really don’t like being helpless against archers at long range.

Try using the javelin… with that, you can kick, block, even stab/overhead swing, and still have the ability to kill relatively distant enemies with a single headshot.

• I disagree with kicking while bow is equipped. Would just encourage shotgunning, which is an all-in “you miss you die, you hit he dies” strategy. Would prefer the ability to switch weapons even with your bow drawn, and faster weapon switch.

• @SlyGoat:

I disagree with kicking while bow is equipped. Would just encourage shotgunning, which is an all-in “you miss you die, you hit he dies” strategy. Would prefer the ability to switch weapons even with your bow drawn, and faster weapon switch.

you realize what you just said actually holds no value as you can’t switch weapons while you are reloading an arrow. so that all in tactic is still there. basically when I get hit, I wan’t to react to it by kicking and switching weapons.

• I was for kicks for Archers at one point, but there is an issue with Crossbows and possibly the Shortbow which could potentially bring back shotgunning. If a shield user is coming at you with a shield up, lower your Crossbow, kick, raise Crossbow, fire, switch weapon. If the Shortbow permits with its draw time, de-draw, kick, re-draw, fire, switch weapon.

• I have to say that I don’t think projectile weapons should have a kick alternative, cause that will make it really hard to fight down a decent archer, as he would keep firing at you from distance, and kick you away for each time you approach and then run a but further to repeat step one, and so it goes on till one dies.

I think shotgunning should be a high-risk move that the archers would have to choose, to fire at them upclose or draw weapon and prepare for combat.

I can imagine this combonation if kicks were added, like this :
    Archer shoots the enemy upclose, archer miss, before the opponent manages to catch the archer off-guard with a swing, he gets kicked right in the stomach and falls back, by the time he would get in range with archer, it would be all prepared with its melee weapon.
    So basically, it would increase the amount of shotgunning archers, and I think they are quite deadly at the moment.

• I just want to point out though, there are still some bugs associated with switching weapons whilst holding a ranged weapon that might feel as if you really have a hard time switching, coupled with a too slow weapon switch time which is probably the reason these suggestions are cropping up.

• @gregomyeggo:

@SlyGoat:

I disagree with kicking while bow is equipped. Would just encourage shotgunning, which is an all-in “you miss you die, you hit he dies” strategy. Would prefer the ability to switch weapons even with your bow drawn, and faster weapon switch.

you realize what you just said actually holds no value as you can’t switch weapons while you are reloading an arrow. so that all in tactic is still there. basically when I get hit, I wan’t to react to it by kicking and switching weapons.

Yeah, because if you could switch weapons immediately after firing, shotgunning would still be encouraged. Same as with kicks. Basically what you want to do is shotgun, kick, and then swap. I disagree that this should ever be a viable strategy. Archers should be able to quickly and efficiently whip out their melee weapon when an opponent is too close for comfort, not wait until he’s point blank to get a free shot in and then switch weapons to fight at a serious advantage.

• @SlyGoat:

@gregomyeggo:

@SlyGoat:

Yeah, because if you could switch weapons immediately after firing, shotgunning would still be encouraged. Same as with kicks. Basically what you want to do is shotgun, kick, and then swap. I disagree that this should ever be a viable strategy. Archers should be able to quickly and efficiently whip out their melee weapon when an opponent is too close for comfort, not wait until he’s point blank to get a free shot in and then switch weapons to fight at a serious advantage.

no no no, that’s not what I’m saying at all… has anyone here tried playing archer extensively? I’m talking about when someone walks up to you from the side or behind you and you don’t see them. It’s over, I have absolutely no way to react to that, I just eat the death. The fact that archers get a backstab passive, that doesn’t even allow us to kill as well as a two hander coming up from behind is kind of sad. If a vanguard can come up behind me and wreck me before I can ever get a chance to react to it. My passive should do the fucking same thing considering that’s what it’s meant for.

Also, did everyone completely disregard the fact that I say put it on a 15 second cooldown? you wouldn’t be able to shotgun and kick over and over. Does the game suddenly just break and not work like it always has? You guys make it sound like you would be able to shotgun and kick right immediately after… that is definitely not the case, nor should it be. I’m saying I should be able to kick with a bow out, NOT WHILE RELOADING, before I have ever let the shot off, so I have time to switch to my dagger instead of just eating the death.

• @gregomyeggo:

You guys make it sound like you would be able to shotgun and kick right immediately after… that is definitely not the case, nor should it be. I’m saying I should be able to kick with a bow out, NOT WHILE RELOADING, before I have ever let the shot off, so I have time to switch to my dagger instead of just eating the death.

You would be able to kick an enemy’s shield down and then shotgun them with a crossbow because the only time crossbows restrict your actions are while in aiming mode or reloading. And a faster weapon switch would accomplish the same thing without potentially encouraging shotgunning.

By the way, a lot of things kill archers in one hit. You should be more aware of your surroundings, no amount of kicking will prevent someone with a Zweihander oneshotting you if you let him get in range.

• @SlyGoat:

@gregomyeggo:

You guys make it sound like you would be able to shotgun and kick right immediately after… that is definitely not the case, nor should it be. I’m saying I should be able to kick with a bow out, NOT WHILE RELOADING, before I have ever let the shot off, so I have time to switch to my dagger instead of just eating the death.

You would be able to kick an enemy’s shield down and then shotgun them with a crossbow because the only time crossbows restrict your actions are while in aiming mode or reloading. And a faster weapon switch would accomplish the same thing without potentially encouraging shotgunning.

By the way, a lot of things kill archers in one hit. You should be more aware of your surroundings, no amount of kicking will prevent someone with a Zweihander oneshotting you if you let him get in range.

I am… not. talking, about goddamn crossbows. Just bows, jesus christ. Crossbows have the nice advantage of being able to have a shield.

• Crossbows do not technically have a shield which will protect them in any way from melee. And having the ability to kick with a bow but not a crossbow would just confuse people.

I suppose we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this issue.

• What needs to be fixed is that Archers can’t draw their other weapons when they reload an arrow. It simply keeps you stuck in that animation over and over until he manages.

I think what annoys me the most is being 1 shot all the time in Melee. I wish we could at least take 2 hits >.>

Or at least a better passive for a ranged class.

• as nice and more realistic a kick would be it really does just make archers to op.

• @Shadowalker7:

as nice and more realistic a kick would be it really does just make archers to op.

we get, ONE SHOT by melee, how would it be OP? we are friggin defenseless. Archer is not in any way OP, this shit is hard to play. Not anywhere near as strong as someone who has mastered two handed swords.