Siege Weapons

• In Aoc 1 person 1 siege weapon.

How about more people on siege unit fast firing of siege weapon. ex. balista 1 person using it 5 sec reload. 2 person 4secs. And people who are supporting siege weapon get assists on their score if firer gets skills.

maybe minigame like warhammer to make it more fun to use siege weapons other then just left click it does it. Like on the rams etc.

• There’s already enough siege equipment whoring going on in AoC. I wouldn’t be able to stand the sigh of my team just standing next to a catapult hurling rocks while neglecting the objective. The recepients of said catapult fire would also be rather unhappy I believe for not getting a fighting chance.

Minigames? Nintendo has plenty of games with those.

• what i wonder is if you’ll actually be able to see your character push the lever to release the stone from the catapult, and will the reload of the catapult be different? like will you actually see your character put another stone on it?

• Developer

We’re getting close to implementing some siege weapons in our alpha build, will have more information for you guys on them once we’ve done some tests. In the meantime, let us know what you think would be cool and we’ll see what we can do.

• Would boiling oil be possible on the siege maps/sections?

• Developer

Just answered this in another thread but yes there will absolutely be boiling oil in Chivalry. We plan to give you guys and up close and personal look at when we have fine tuned it some.

• @Tibberius:

Just answered this in another thread but yes there will absolutely be boiling oil in Chivalry. We plan to give you guys and up close and personal look at when we have fine tuned it some.

Ah I apologize.

• @dragonfury:

There’s already enough siege equipment whoring going on in AoC. I wouldn’t be able to stand the sigh of my team just standing next to a catapult hurling rocks while neglecting the objective. The recepients of said catapult fire would also be rather unhappy I believe for not getting a fighting chance.

Minigames? Nintendo has plenty of games with those.

Aoc 32 player max. Chivalry will be 64 hence more reason for more people to be on a siege unit.

• hmm…will there be a siege ladders that can be moved by players?
    I think it would be great!And also it would be cool if there could be an abiltiy to punch it off from the walls.
    or also it would be great on siege maps to have traps,oil and burning arrows that can impale them once.

• I think for sure that siege weapons should have the possibility of being damaged (with ability to be repaired). I think you guys were trying to take this approach with AOC (just guessing). I think this should apply to bomb wagons, towers and even gates. Really make for interesting gameplay on both sides.

• @Hitch:

I think for sure that siege weapons should have the possibility of being damaged (with ability to be repaired). I think you guys were trying to take this approach with AOC (just guessing). I think this should apply to bomb wagons, towers and even gates. Really make for interesting gameplay on both sides.

So that a few ‘engineers’ or whatever can just stand next to it for ages in order to keep it repaired? That’s interesting gameplay for them? Lol.

Right now a single MAA can already burst through the ‘lines’ most of the times and mess with (the aim of) the cata’s. Imagine if all siege equipment had to be repaired after that.
    People, IMHO, are too maneuverable and fast to implement this sort of thing.

Let me give you an example of what gameplay becomes like with this kind of ‘engineering’ thing. Command and Conquer Renegade, a first person shooter. It had a class with an engineering gun that could heal vehicles/structures.
    In multiplayer, it was basically 2 groups of vehicles engaging each other. The group with the most engineers repairing would win. There were also some snipers in the mix to try and pick off careless enemy engineers, but since those were hiding behind the tanks, that never really worked.
    The teamplay is fun at first, but just standing behind a tank repairing it gets boring after a while.

• Well, you imply that Chivalry has the movement system of aoch, where maa could just zig zag through people, from what we’ve seen so far, it’s not like that in Chivalry, there wont be the typical maa objective whore, I would guess.

There will be other type of whores, of course, it’s gaming. :P