What happened to Helms Deep?

• Hey all, I’ve been playing about all of the maps that are remade from AoC. Except for a few, such as Helms Deep. Was this map not implemented? If not, are there plans to put another Helms Deep in Chivalry? In my opinion, this was the best map in AoC.

• Agree it was the best map. There is simple no castle siege maps in C:MW at the moment. Non of them feels like a castle siege anyways. Even the one with king in it.

• Legal reasons. In a mod, it is fine. But for a retail product, they could not.

Nothing is stopping map makers though, infact some are already attempting.

• I believe that the Helm’s Deep map was community-made to begin with, but yeah, I’d love to see it’s triumphant return. :P

• AoC Helm’s Deep map wasn’t community made. There was a community made Balin’s Tomb map, though.

• Oh, it wasn’t? Man, those Torn Banner guys are allllriiiiiiiiiight (feel free to put that as a quote on the front page :P).

Never saw Balin’s tomb, though.

• It was a little too easy for the attacking team, but a great map indeed.

• All AoC maps were easier for attackers, which was good for scrims.

• @Mkilbride:

Legal reasons. In a mod, it is fine. But for a retail product, they could not.

Legal reasons? The very design of the place isnt under any copyright laws, only the name Helmsdeep.
    They could do a remake of the map and call it Holmsdeep, and get away just fine. ;)

• @Kneecap:

@Mkilbride:

Legal reasons. In a mod, it is fine. But for a retail product, they could not.

Legal reasons? The very design of the place isnt under any copyright laws, only the name Helmsdeep.
    They could do a remake of the map and call it Holmsdeep, and get away just fine. ;)

Nope.

Have to understand, they’re a legitimate company. Stuff like that could ruin them.