Spectral Echo

• First topic/post!
    So, in the 3rd or 4th day after launch, i was playing on an official server (probably).
    It was in the map with the seabattle and the trebuchets, i forgot the name but youll know which one i mean.
    On the first stage with the torch, the Agatha Knights spawn near the sea, which also has a shore obviously, and that shore has a graveyard, i was playing as a Mason vanguard, and i fell down there, and noticed well… echoes.
    I then looked to the graveyard, and saw a skeleton with a helmet and i spear (i think it was a spear anyways) and when i looked at it, it said its name was “Spectral Echo”.
    I quickly ran to it and attacked it overhead twice, and then it started moving, and somebody else (Real player) killed me.
    I came back and couldn’t find the it again.
    One day later i made a private server to try and meet him again, and he didn’t show up…
    Every time now i play that map i look around the graveyard a lot for him. (i really connected with him)
    Only interesting thing after that was that yesterday i went to the graveyard and only saw a white small spark for a slight second in the middle of it, and nothing else…
    Discuss, what is this? Is this an easter egg? Did you get to meet him? Will you try to meet him after reading this?
    BTW, i regret SOOO much not taking a screenshot!!

• There are many tales and whispered rumors about this elusive specter. Some say it’s the ghost of a Mason officer who was cast off his own ship and left to drown by his own men before the war began when his devotion to Malric became known, haunting the coast of the land he once called home, and exacting vengeance on any Agathians who stray too close to the spot where his bloated corpse was washed ashore.

Myself, I don’t believe any of it. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a hallucination suffered by those who took a plunge off the cliff and smacked their head on a rock on the way down.

• @SlyGoat:

Myself, I don’t believe any of it. As far as I’m concerned it’s just a hallucination suffered by those who took a plunge off the cliff and smacked their head on a rock on the way down.

Funny, since i DID in fact fall off the cliff before i saw him…

• Hah, nice Easter Egg.

• @PowerZ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axtwyVltp1M

Inconclusive. Like a big foot sighting.

• I have fought the spectral echo and live to tell the tale.

LMB
    LMB
    LMB
    LMB
    LMB

And then the specter fell by my blade.

• @SlyGoat:

There are many tales and whispered rumors about this elusive specter. Some say it’s the ghost of a Mason officer who was cast off his own ship and left to drown by his own men before the war began when his devotion to Malric became known, haunting the coast of the land he once called home, and exacting vengeance on any Agathians who stray too close to the spot where his bloated corpse was washed ashore.

One flaw in your story. Someone buried him. Someone put a cross on the place where he died. Who would’ve that been? A Mason? They don’t care about their dead. An Agathian? Why would they show such honor to a Mason? And even if the small chance that it was an exceptionally noble Agathian proves to be true, then his ghost would never haunt the kind that gave him the honor of a burial. Something that his own kind didn’t care to give him.

I prefer the weight of my axe, rather than the elusiveness of such a fool’s tale.

• @Siegfried:

One flaw in your story. Someone buried him. Someone put a cross on the place where he died. Who would’ve that been? A Mason? They don’t care about their dead. An Agathian? Why would they show such honor to a Mason? And even if the small chance that it was an exceptionally noble Agathian proves to be true, then his ghost would never haunt the kind that gave him the honor of a burial. Something that his own kind didn’t care to give him.

I prefer the weight of my axe, rather than the elusiveness of such a fool’s tale.

Well, the echo is obviously a knight either from Agatha or Mason.
    But i guess we can only know more when time comes, and we get to learn more about chivalry’s lore…
    Till then we make stuff up as crazy and weird as we like
    So i say hes a king or royal family member that was assassinated and then buried by a mysterious unknown knight in red uniform.

Also… Main thing that bothers me, how do you summon him back into our world? What interrupts his sleep? And why wont he rest?

• It’s “Tyler the Slow.” Behind his gravestone says:

"Lies here below stricken by an errant arrow

Still waiting for that apology"

lol. The other grave stones all say:

"RIP

Beneath the Earth here lie the nameless and forgotten
    Their accomplishments will be remembered"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =105421762
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =105421683

• What a great find!
    Man, seems like this game wont stop delivering! :)

• @SOC:

It’s “Tyler the Slow.” Behind his gravestone says:

"Lies here below stricken by an errant arrow

Still waiting for that apology"

lol. The other grave stones all say:

"RIP

Beneath the Earth here lie the nameless and forgotten
    Their accomplishments will be remembered"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =105421762
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =105421683

So then the story would be that an Agathian archer teamkilled him and never in any way apologized for it.

• Yes! I will take that as the story of the Spectral Echo! Thank you.

• Bump, saw him punch a Agatha Vanguard to death and so I searched the forum.

To me, the back story of this could be a soldier before neither Agatha nor Mason. He could died there before Agatha king united the land or Mason took over the place. Or he could be once a soldier with code of honor who died from dishonorable kills so he seek worthy opponent to rest

There need to be an achievement for killing him.

• hello, so i found this interesting easter egg on while in spectator mode i cant remember which map it was because i joined in not 20 seconds before the game was over and surprisingly next to
    [image:3pl30s5o]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594743832036087639/FE8903C82AD4AB88AB2DFFAE946E56A83E753E7C/[/image:3pl30s5o]

this little fella, with the name tag of spectral echo. underneath a rock that is semi submerged at the bottom of a cliff beneath the water level. i was inside the geometry of the rock when the photo was taken. from out side his foot is partially visible passing through the rock face…. sorry i don’t know what level it was guys. but i hope you can find it and confirm that its not just some random mishap.

• Hillside cemetery.

I still haven’t beaten him with my fists.

• I’m still trying to find the easter egg on Citadel.

Or wherever the one is where the rat scurries along the hallway.

• One was added to Stoneshill recently. It’s a bit stinky if you know what I mean.

• @ReMixx:

One was added to Stoneshill recently. It’s a bit stinky if you know what I mean.

! FORRR THE KIIIIIIIIIINGGGG…. HNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHH
    !
    ! Oh god they must have made the cider from green apples!
    !
    ! [image:1nhmm958]http://i.imgur.com/9Cn1Sd2.jpg[/image:1nhmm958]

Ahahahahaha, I looked around for this a bit and when I finally noticed this in the corner, couldn’t help but smile.

• Just a note, spectral echo glitches LTS games. If there is one mason player left, and then the spectral echo is summoned and killed, the agatha team wins regardless of the mason left alive. I think this is because the echo counts as a player? I’m not sure, but it is really anti-climactic when you are the last guy left on your team, owning face and thinking you might just pull it off, when the spectral echo dies and your team loses the round. This happened to me the other day and got me really annoyed.