Empty Server List - Windows SE Blocking it

• Hi All,

I know this will not apply to all of you however I noticed that when I installed my game (I also run a server version) that I got an empty server list even after following the help files in putting the new master server list in place.

I turned off my windows firewall and was still getting an empty list , I then found that Windows Security Essentials was blocking the game, and when I turned real time protection off the server list was populated. I then turned the windows firewall back on (all ok) and then added the udk.exe & com to the exceptions list in Windows SE and everything was fine all the time.

I hope this may help some of you ….

• I’m going to give this a shot, because I am having the exact same issue. I’ll will return when I find out if it works or not.
    IF it does work, this may be a possible solution to post.

• @-|DeD|-RafaS:

Hi All,

I know this will not apply to all of you however I noticed that when I installed my game (I also run a server version) that I got an empty server list even after following the help files in putting the new master server list in place.

I turned off my windows firewall and was still getting an empty list , I then found that Windows Security Essentials was blocking the game, and when I turned real time protection off the server list was populated. I then turned the windows firewall back on (all ok) and then added the udk.exe & com to the exceptions list in Windows SE and everything was fine all the time.

So here what I’ve tried:
    Verify Integrity of Game Cache ala Steam
    Turned on Beta Profile in Steam (Go into Steam. Click on Steam > Settings> Beta participation > Change > Steam Beta Update.
    Restart Steam.)
    Verified UDK.exe, and UDKGame are both unblocked by Windows Firewall
    Turned off Real Time Protection in Microsoft Security Essentials
    Removed the Master Server file from config
    Downloaded and added Master Server.vdf,the one listed Here

So far, nothing has shown any progress.