Any advantage for using a 2-hander in two hands?

• Is there any advantage for using a 2-hander with both hands as a knight? As opposed to using a 2-hander and a shield?

EDIT:
    Summary so far -

Wielding a 2-hander with two hands increases reach and damage (over 2-hander with a shield for the knight.)
    Wielding a 2-hander one handed with a shield improves attack speed.

Messer benefits the most damage from holding with two hands, War Sword the least.

With a longsword, swipes have slightly higher reach holding two-handed, poke has about the same reach.

• If I’m not wrong the reach is bigger, then when one handing.
    And I’m pretty sure you do more damage too, but i can’t confirm that.

• @PexeD:

If I’m not wrong the reach is bigger, then when one handing.
    And I’m pretty sure you do more damage too, but i can’t confirm that.

Wait, reach is bigger when using with a shield?
    And the same for damage?
    Did I understand this correctly?

• You flipped his words. He meant better for two hands. I don’t really know, but that seems to be logical.

• Two-handed is higher damage, one-handed is faster.

Messer gains the most damage when wielded two-handed, Sword of War gains the least. Longsword is inbetween. This generally means the Messer is best used twohanded, the Sword of War best used onehanded, and the Longsword works well either way/encourages switching.

Not sure about reach. The weapon model looks strangely smaller when wielded one-handed in first person which would make no sense (magical shrinking sword) but that may just be perspective - realistically, you would actually have more reach wielding it one-handed, as you can extend your arm further, but I’m not sure if that’s the case either.

• @SlyGoat:

you would actually have more reach wielding it one-handed, as you can extend your arm further, but I’m not sure if that’s the case either.

So by your logic it would be impossible for the wielder to let go of one hand when thrusting if he uses both hands? ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Two-handed is higher damage, one-handed is faster.

Messer gains the most damage when wielded two-handed, Sword of War gains the least. Longsword is inbetween. This generally means the Messer is best used twohanded, the Sword of War best used onehanded, and the Longsword works well either way/encourages switching.

Not sure about reach. The weapon model looks strangely smaller when wielded one-handed in first person which would make no sense (magical shrinking sword) but that may just be perspective - realistically, you would actually have more reach wielding it one-handed, as you can extend your arm further, but I’m not sure if that’s the case either.

Thanks. You need to write a guide.

Btw, I just tested longsword. It has slightly higher reach when wielding two-handed and with swipes.
    Poke seems to be about the same range for both ways of holding it.

• @Tomtekopf:

@SlyGoat:

you would actually have more reach wielding it one-handed, as you can extend your arm further, but I’m not sure if that’s the case either.

So by your logic it would be impossible for the wielder to let go of one hand when thrusting if he uses both hands? ;)

But when you let go with one hand you’re no longer wielding the weapon two-handed :?

• @SlyGoat:

@Tomtekopf:

@SlyGoat:

But when you let go with one hand you’re no longer wielding the weapon two-handed :?

so if I let go of the sword for barely a second just for a thrust I’m suddenly wielding it one handed? ^^
    For the record there is no reason not to use both hands unless you use a shield since you’re both quicker and can give more force in the swing, at least in real life.

• This game has so much depth. The devs need to make a competition mod asap.
    It would be an awesome addition to competitive gaming.

• @Tomtekopf:

so if I let go of the sword for barely a second just for a thrust I’m suddenly wielding it one handed? ^^
    For the record there is no reason not to use both hands unless you use a shield since you’re both quicker and can give more force in the swing, at least in real life.

In the game you are quicker with 1h as for 2h u are stronger and have more reach, but 1h u can use shield.