Blunt weapon bonus damage to Knights/Vanguards too high?

• This isn’t so much a suggestion as it’s a discussion. I want to hear more opinions about it.

I feel like the bonus damage that blunt weapons do to Knights/Vanguards is too high. The Knight Maul can one shot other Knights from full health with a clean overhead swing. The one handed hammer can take out Knights in 2-3 normal side swipes, and the first secondary mace can do the same. I think it’s kind’ve excessive. It makes me feel like other weapons are far outclassed by blunt weapons since it takes considerably more sword hits to kill a Knight, and the vast majority of players are Knight/Vanguards (at least in Team Objective).

I realize that some people feel like there should be “anti-tank” weapons, but I just feel like it’s too high. I also understand that blunt weapons generally have a shorter range and can’t stab very well at all, but I still think the trade-off is too great.

What do you think? Do you think the blunt weapons bonus damage to Knights/Vanguards is too high? I feel like all Knights should be using blunt weapon primaries and a falchion secondary, whereas all Vanguards should be using Halberd to keep the reach advantage since they don’t have access to blunt weapons.

• I feel that the current blunt bonus is needed for MAA. If you lower it, the MAA class is going to be even harder to play.

This is just from my perspective since I solely play MAA.

• Some of what you say is incorrect, there’s a link in my signature for exact damage values.

Right now, blunt damage is fine vs Knights I feel, but they need to deal less damage to Man-at-arms.

• I feel the 1H hammer is horribly unbalanced in the hands of anyone.

It can 2 shot a Vanguard, and 3 shot a night, and is one of the fastest weapons in the game.

I can rape with that thing. I don’t even have to try anymore if I use it, it needs to be balanced.

• @Mkilbride:

I feel the 1H hammer is horribly unbalanced in the hands of anyone.

It can 2 shot a Vanguard, and 3 shot a night, and is one of the fastest weapons in the game.

I can rape with that thing. I don’t even have to try anymore if I use it, it needs to be balanced.

I don’t think it’s that unbalanced. Maybe lower the damage by 5 or little more, but the warhammer has ridiculously short range. You have to literally get in the face. Warhammer has shorter range than 1-hand swords. If enemy ever turns around and sprint a bit, he gets out of range. Shorter range of it makes it almost impossible to fight 1v2 or more enemies like you can with longer reach weapons.

• I think blunt damage is fine. The weapons are slow and easy to block and have poor range.

The more you play this game, the more balanced you will find it.

I only have a problem with shields not breaking after 10 hits with an axe. The reason being MAA with shield is probably the best class in the game right now if you are skilled enough to play one. Having their shields break would tone them down just enough.They could still parry after the shield breaks… I have seen lots of great parrying by MAAs.

But even then, the more I play the easier I am finding it to get around the shield. Still, it’s the most annoying class to play against. You think its an easy 1 or 2 shot kill but then they throw up their shield and mess up your day.

Kick to break shield is not quick enough with 2 handers. They will put the shield back up in time.

Kick to break shield with 1handers has not enough reach. They get kicked back too far for you to be able to reach them. By the time you run forward to stab they can put up the shield again.

This is my biggest problem with the combat everything else is flawless.

• @Goretooth:

No, the more you play this game, the more unbalanced you will find it. I’m rank 31.

• Warhammer is a bit of an exceptional case; it can 2 hit every class even with Attack1/Slash, that’s what makes it very annoying/overpowered. 3 hitting Knights is normal for a 1h blunt weapon, 2 hits at that speed is tipping it over the edge though. 3 body hits with the 1h warhammer, even slash, seems adequate. If you take a 1h sword, you often need 3 head hits, and a couple of body hits usually means you need a 4th hit to make the kill, which is right, and slashing with a sword vs a Knight is just a nono anyway.

• This post is deleted!

• My only problem with the warhammer is its animation seems completely incorrect. Nothing goes through my block the way the warhammer does, nothing hits me early in the animation the way it does, and nothing hits me from out of its apparent visual range the way the warhammer does. I haven’t looked at the swing traces but they seem totally wrong to me in third person, which is odd because there doesn’t seem to be a problem in first. Because I only experience this with the warhammer I doubt it’s something on my end, but nobody else has mentioned it before.

If the range were accurate it would be a very short weapon and probably justified in 2 hitting other knights, considering how far superior the norse sword, falchion, and sword of war all are against MaA and vanguards.

As for blunt damage against knights/VGs - I don’t see a problem with it. VGs take more from stabs anyway, and knights still take 40% reduced damage from blunt attacks - they have to have some kind of weakness. As Martin said, it seems like it should be lower against MaAs, and slash damage higher, rather than 85% from everything.

• @SOC:

@Goretooth:

No, the more you play this game, the more unbalanced you will find it. I’m rank 31.

I’m rank 32 and I completely disagree. I mean how can you even say that? It’s when you don’t know how to play you think the game is unbalanced.

I honestly take back most of what I said about balance issues. Apart from shields. The only thing that can get through a shield is kick + hit with a 1h weapon. I used to think that was not fair, but it’s fair to make a 2h switch to his secondary to have any chance of taking down a skilled shield user (believe me if they are good you wont be swinging around their shield, the only option is to take you your secondary, kick and then slice em up)

Anyone what’s unbalanced in your opinion?

If blunt weapons were OP more people would be using them. I think the spear is more OP than blunt weapons.

But like I said, nothing is too OP that its game breaking, which is pretty rare for a game that just released.

• I consider the Norse Sword and Sword of War close to gamebreaking with their super fast 2-3 hit kills and ability to be used with a shield. But nothing else is that bad.