Next gen Chivalry

• I have no idea if this is going to happen but will it be possible for us to see a next gen Chivalry on 2018 when Xbox Scorpio or PS5 comes out? Will we have a new mechanic that is the same as the PC version? Well, we will have to wait for it then. Leave your suggestions below.

• @AppliedUser In 2018 Chivalry will be practically dead on all versions seeing as Mordhau will be released in 2018. However, I do hope Torn Banner are working on a Chivalry: Medieval Warfare sequel and will release that in late 2018 or perhaps mid 2019 :P

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Well, we shall see it in the future. It’s true that if Chivalry get’s released in 2018 more people would likely play Mordhau more than the new Chivalry.

• Tornbanner already confirmed they will make “Chivalry 2” And they also said ‘they’ will port games over in the future.

Hopefully all goes as planned Fingers Crossed

• @AppliedUser said in Next gen Chivalry:

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 Well, we shall see it in the future. It’s true that if Chivalry get’s released in 2018 more people would likely play Mordhau more than the new Chivalry.

Im not so sure, it depends on skill cap, Mordhau won’t allow rainbows and such. but we’ll have to wait and see.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri Yes, true. But without beyblading they could focus on different mechanics like holding a sword upside down, swinging from so many different directions and more features. C4KE does approve m9

• Banned

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 basically they could focus on all the mechanics that mordhau are already doing, alrighttttttt

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 said in Next gen Chivalry:

@AST-I-Hitokiri Yes, true. But without beyblading they could focus on different mechanics like holding a sword upside down, swinging from so many different directions and more features. C4KE does approve m9

Yeah but holding a weapon upside down (Aka what Mordhau means translated lol) isn’t something impressive to me. Why i loved chivalry so much was the possibilities of combinations between attacks and drags and accelerations and i feel rainbows and such are a big part in that especially that you know even if your opponents back is turned they are not necessarily vulnerable

i also feel that Rainbows can end long parry fights with an unexpected accel, meaning people have to read Body language. i constantly notice YounderTrout trying to get me to parry early with body feints but being a long time duelist body feints never get me to panic parry.

but i panic parry against alot of people with high ping I.E U.S because their animations are like 2 frames per second on my screen.

Reading and understanding body movement is important on chivalry i just don’t see it being as important on Mordhau. I dont want to feel my eyes glued to my opponents sword 24/7 (Don’t even say a gay joke)

Reguardless im still hyped for Mordhau and i must admit i love the customization and the additions of horse Combat/riding.

• Banned

@AST-I-Hitokiri MORE CUSTOMIZATION OR I’M NOT BUYING IT LIKE YOU CAN ONLY CHANGE 2 COLOURS ON EVERY ARMOUR AT THE MOST I WANT TO CHANGE THE ARMOUR TO DIFFERENT COLOURS AND LOOK LIKE A RAINBOW INSTEAD OF JUST BEING ABLE TO CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE CLOTH ON THE OUTFIT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE COLOUR OF EVERY INCH OF THE OUTFIT

• @AST-I-Hitokiri Sure, yes rainbows can end long parry fights depending on what and who you are fighting against but I doubt many players will be actual able to parry in Mordhau seeing as the weapon ripostes are much quicker than in Chivalry. I personally enjoy drags and accelerations but sometimes people abuse those mechanics, myself included ^-^

Mordhau forces you to read body language and tests your reaction skills, unlike Chivalry where someone can just do a 360 with an overhead and hit you because it was a broken mechanic :P

I do enjoy the customisation options in Mordhau though

• You can still drag in Mordhau, just not reverse overhead or break animations. You have better balanced feints, chambers, clashes, morphs, morph feints, etc. There are more mechanics even without reverses, so not sure how their would be a lower skill cap. Also a smaller parry time AND you have to be more accurate aiming your parry.

• Lol if you guys didn’t know, if you look up all the way in chivalry and parry you can parry from head to feet. you can test it too! parry while looking up and let a guy stab your feet it’s halarious

• @AST-I-Hitokiri Could you provide some sources on that Chivalry 2 claim? Also, it is confirmed that ALL Xbox One games will be able to be played on the new upcoming console. Chiv should very easily be able to run 60 FPS or even more on the new consoles. Not entirely sure that how that will affect the gameplay.

• @GalliusYEET said in Next gen Chivalry:

@AST-I-Hitokiri Could you provide some sources on that Chivalry 2 claim? Also, it is confirmed that ALL Xbox One games will be able to be played on the new upcoming console. Chiv should very easily be able to run 60 FPS or even more on the new consoles. Not entirely sure that how that will affect the gameplay.

i can’t provide any links but TB said on here (Forums) about 1 year ago they will make a sequel to chvalry.

Yeah, Xbox One X will be able to run all games on 60fps and possibly 4K aswell but in order for that to happen games will require updates

Just gotta hope Activision see the opportunity to finally update Chivalry for more reasons then a Simple bug fix.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri I do really hope that they add more customisation to the game!

• @AppliedUser Hopefully they add more Helmets like PC has if they decide to update.

Even Xbox 360 has some helmets Xbox One doesn’t :(

• @AST-I-Hitokiri Yeah true! For now I will just stick with the Dreadnaught! :D

• @AST-I-Hitokiri My dream is that when Xbox One X comes out and Chivalry comes out with it, the game could be exactly the same as on the PC version. We just use the controller as the difference! :D

• @AppliedUser Yup but the only problem is we need Activision to take notice. Alot of us on the forums who’ve tried to get in contact with Activision have failed to get any Decent response or a Positive one at that.

So it’s a potential 50/50 as the community on Xbox is small and the potential profit they can gain is probably low.

• @AST-I-Hitokiri Unfortunately! ;(

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.