Maul animation bugged

• Has anyone else noticed that Maul’s block animation is almost non-existent on your own character model? I’m not complaining that Maul is too slow. I think every weapon can parry/counterattack perfectly against any other weapon, which is great.

However, maul’s parry animation after swing is so slow that it doesn’t even appear on the screen but still parries enemy swing.

I get little heartattacks every time I parry someone because I think I would get hit.

• @boomandvibe:

Has anyone else noticed that Maul’s block animation is almost non-existent on your own character model? I’m not complaining that Maul is too slow. I think every weapon can parry/counterattack perfectly against any other weapon, which is great.

However, maul’s parry animation after swing is so slow that it doesn’t even appear on the screen but still parries enemy swing.

I get little heartattacks every time I parry someone because I think I would get hit.

Maul cannot parry+counterattack against faster weapons…
    I’m trying to level my Maul right now and I don’t think that I’ve ever hit a counter with it.
    Most of it is just ranger miscalculation, but still, not a single time? :D

• @acrh2:

@boomandvibe:

Has anyone else noticed that Maul’s block animation is almost non-existent on your own character model? I’m not complaining that Maul is too slow. I think every weapon can parry/counterattack perfectly against any other weapon, which is great.

I’m trying to level my Maul right now and I don’t think that I’ve ever hit a counter with it.

You need to drag your mouse against your swing so maul hits after they let their parry down. Or you can watch their movement and drag with your swing so the beginning of your attack hits.

General rule of thumb is, only attack once you have blocked. If they dont block your attack after getting parried, they would get hit no matter what. Unless they kick. But kick costs like 40% of stamina.

• @boomandvibe:

@acrh2:

@boomandvibe:

You need to drag your mouse against your swing so maul hits after they let their parry down. Or you can watch their movement and drag with your swing so the beginning of your attack hits.

General rule of thumb is, only attack once you have blocked. If they dont block your attack after getting parried, they would get hit no matter what. Unless they kick. But kick costs like 40% of stamina.

I don’t think that anyone would parry after getting parried against a Maul wielder.
    But that said, I’d like to try to drag forward (with the swing direction) to make Maul hit faster.
    Of course, a lot of weapons don’t allow a faster hit by dragging forward.

• @acrh2:

I don’t think that anyone would parry after getting parried against a Maul wielder.
    But that said, I’d like to try to drag forward (with the swing direction) to make Maul hit faster.

Which weapons don’t allow faster hit by dragging forward? I thought every weapon was possible to hit by dragging.

Could you tell me which weapons don’t allow?

• You can drag any attack to delay it, but I suppose you can’t drag stabs to speed them up.

• @POOP:

@acrh2:

Which weapons don’t allow faster hit by dragging forward? I thought every weapon was possible to hit by dragging.

I know for a fact that Warhammer doesn’t hit faster from dragging “forward” (moving the mouse in the side direction of the swing, for all those who wonder what that means; and yes, I invented that term:) because it misses nearly every time like that. Even though the animation seems to suggest that the forward arc of that weapon is wide, there’s still no hit - I think I tested to as little at about 25 degrees of dragging.

I also feel that a lot of other weapons suffer from that. But I haven’t tested extensively.

• @acrh2:

@POOP:

@acrh2:

I know for a fact that Warhammer doesn’t hit faster from dragging “forward” (moving the mouse in the side direction of the swing, for all those who wonder what that means; and yes, I invented that term:) because it misses nearly every time like that. Even though the animation seems to suggest that the forward arc of that weapon is wide, there’s still no hit - I think I tested to as little at about 25 degrees of dragging.

I also feel that a lot of other weapons suffer from that. But I haven’t tested extensively.

I think warhammer just has really narrow hit range compared to other 1-handers. It would explain why I miss so many hits with warhammer if I try to drag mouse with the swing and put enemy near the right side of my screen.

• @acrh2:

@POOP:

@acrh2:

You’re dragging too early or too far. The only way the warhammer swing couldn’t be dragged is if it traveled instantly.

• @SlyGoat:

@acrh2:

@POOP:

You’re dragging too early or too far. The only way the warhammer swing couldn’t be dragged is if it traveled instantly.

I’m sorry, we are talking about dragging “forward” - to hit faster than without dragging, not slower by dragging “back”.
    The Warhammer, in my testing, never hit when dragging forward.

• @acrh2:

I’m sorry, we are talking about dragging “forward” - to hit faster than without dragging, not slower by dragging “back”.

So you’re saying the warhammer slash starts dealing damage at the very center of your screen? Because that sounds incorrect to me. What did your alleged testing consist of?

• acrh2, I think you may be wrong. Warhammer does hit when dragging with the swing. I think the swing is relatively fast and short-ranged that if you are not in their face when starting the swing, you won’t hit.

• @SlyGoat:

@acrh2:

So you’re saying the warhammer slash starts dealing damage at the very center of your screen? Because that sounds incorrect to me. What did your alleged testing consist of?

Mostly ruining up to a player, hitting the lmb, turning the mouse left during the windup to a different angle, missing every time.