LAN help pretty please!

• Any ideas what I’m doing wrong here? I’ve got a dedicated LAN server going, I can log into it just fine. I’ve added “adminpassword=1111” to PCServer-UDKGame.ini under [Engine.AccessControl], but when I open the console in game and enter “adminlogin 1111” nothing happens. I can’t use any admin commands, can’t add bots.

TIA!

Also, how do I set map rotation? I see a map list in PCServer-UDKGame.ini but the actual rotation doesn’t fit that, darkforest is always next in rotation regardless of what’s in that .ini

• I’d suggest you check the files are the right ones. Those are in two locations. it could be looking at the default location
    files for map rotation etc not the ones you edited. Its been a few yrs since doing this but one lot was under my documents
    but then it was in the steam chiv folder, suggest you find all the locations to pc server? or what its called and place shortcuts to each folder on the desktop then you can see what location is actually effecting and accepting your server
    settings tbh.

• Thanks for the reply Wilt!

I figured out one big problem… I needed to download the dedicated server files from Steam. I had followed old instructions I guess and was using UDK.exe in chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win64.

Now I’m using UDKLogging.exe from chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win64 and after editing PCServer-UDKGame.ini I’m able to log in as admin!

Although I still can’t add bots (trying to LAN with my kid). I get “command not recognized” even though it shows up on the console line when I start typing it :-/ Got that now! Needed to do “admin addbots #” I was leaving out the admin part.

If I could get bots working the map cycle wouldn’t bother me too much. But If I can’t get bots I’d like to just have horde maps in the rotation.

• @Sklurf said in LAN help pretty please!:

\Binaries\Win64.

Well good stuff tbh. I had a lan running in the month of game release offline. addbots at console usually worked.
    The bot stuff must be awkward but possible as some servers have a few bots jump on if a team is short of a player.
    my guess would be a player number must exist, if you say allow for 10 then addbots on the first map they might stay
    for good on map rotations. addbots 6 say. Another method exists for running servers with a switch after the exe.

UDK.exe AOCCTF-Moor_p?steamsockets -Port=7000 -QueryPort=7500 -log=CTFServer\server.log -configsubdir=CTFServer -maxplayers=24 -seekfreeloadingserver

https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Detailed+Configuration

• Yup very cool, thanks again for your help!

Any idea how I can edit map rotation? I’d like to add some custom maps in but I can’t figure out how to set the map cycle. I know I can do adminchangemap but I’d like it to happen automatically.

• @Sklurf you can edit the map rotation under [AOC.AOCGame] in the PCServer-UDKGame.ini file. Here’s an example maplist.

If you do not want ALL your subscribed workshop mods to be added to your maplist, ensure that bDontAddSdkMapsToList=true

[AOC.AOCGame]
    bDontAddSdkMapsToList=true
    bEnableLimitedVoteMapOptions=false
    MapList=AOCTO-Darkforest_P
    MapList=AOCTO-Cove-CM_p
    MapList=AOCTO-Battlegrounds_V3_P
    MapList=AOCTO-Irilla-CM_P
    MapList=AOCTO-Citadel_p
    MapList=AOCTO-CastleAssault-CM_p
    MapList=AOCTO-Coldfront_p
    MapList=AOCTO-Hideout-CM_p

• Ahh perfect. Thanks!

• Hey any idea where Steam downloads maps to? I got a couple from the workshop but can’t find them to drop in the dedicated server folders.

• @Sklurf From your Steam Library, right-click on Chivalry and select Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files.

From there, navigate to \UDKGame\CookedSDK

Full Filepath (starting from wherever your normal Steamfolder is located):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedSDK

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.