Thread about Jackbaldy and turnspeed

• I know Jackbaldy is a great player no doubt, and I was watching and analyzing the recorded version of 1v1 duel to learn something.

Here’s link: http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=335609860

My suspicion starts exactly at 35:45 second mark.

Here’s the weird thing: Jackbaldy uses thrust/overhead feint then overhead/thrust a lot in this tournament.

However, either it’s his animation is not smoothing out in spectator view, or he is able to turn during his swing super fast. At 35:45 mark, Jackbaldy initiates Overhead facing away from Ziggy, then almost instantly turns and hits his enemy. This fast turning tactic keeps happening over and over during his duels.

What do you guys think? Is it the ping difference and animation? or JackBaldy figured out how to fast turn that we don’t know about?

• @POOP:

I know Jackbaldy is a great player no doubt, and I was watching and analyzing the recorded version of 1v1 duel to learn something.

Here’s link: http://www.twitch.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=335609860

My suspicion starts exactly at 35:45 second mark.

Here’s the weird thing: Jackbaldy uses thrust/overhead feint then overhead/thrust a lot in this tournament.

However, either it’s his animation is not smoothing out in spectator view, or he is able to turn during his swing super fast. At 35:45 mark, Jackbaldy initiates Overhead facing away from Ziggy, then almost instantly turns and hits his enemy. This fast turning tactic keeps happening over and over during his duels.

What do you guys think? Is it the ping difference and animation? or JackBaldy figured out how to fast turn that we don’t know about?

I don’t have the experience of watching from 3rd-person perspective to be able to tell if someone is cheating… If that is even possible in this game.
    Is it?

• Developer

Turn rate is uncapped during windup, it only caps down during the “release” phase (the damage dealing phase). It’s possible for him to initiate the attack and spin around just before windup is complete. If he’s spinning unhindered during release, that could be some sort of exploit.

• That tournament was ugly…

• ugh, not going to watch the vid, but I can tell you that you can change an absurd amount of settings in the config files. including removal of mouse acceleration.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Turn rate is uncapped during windup, it only caps down during the “release” phase (the damage dealing phase). It’s possible for him to initiate the attack and spin around just before windup is complete. If he’s spinning unhindered during release, that could be some sort of exploit.

If The Baldy is exploiting, I am depressed. I thought it was all skill. :P

• @CrustaceanSoup:

You may be right about exactly what JackBaldy does. However, another thing to note is that JackBaldy doesn’t only use overhead while doing this 180 degree turn tactic.

He also uses stab motion which has almost non-existent windup time. There are other parts in the recording of the tournament that JackBaldy uses this 180 instant turn tactic with stab motions.

EDIT: turn rate is still capped during windup.

• @Xaviz:

ugh, not going to watch the vid, but I can tell you that you can change an absurd amount of settings in the config files. including removal of mouse acceleration.

I’ve looked into config files, but it seems there isn’t a whole lot of changes you can do to gain advantage. You can change weapon settings however you want, or stats however you want, it will all just revert back to the original as soon as you play.

If you ever mess around with the default config files, game will crash at startup.

• There is an exploit that you can do with some config files that have been fixed in the hotfix.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

I was just playing, and I noticed that turn rate is still capped during windup.

@b3h47pte:

There is an exploit that you can do with some config files that have been fixed in the hotfix.

When was this exploit hotfix released? And could you tell us what it was?

The tournament was before release. JackBaldy might (just maybe) have been exploiting but it was patched?

• The exploit has been in since the beta actually.
    I won’t publicly state how to do it…at least not until the hotfix is actually out. :P

• @b3h47pte:

The exploit has been in since the beta actually.
    I won’t publicly state how to do it…at least not until the hotfix is actually out. :P

When’s it coming? Aren’t hotfixes, like super immediate and don’t wait for larger patches?

• Theres a way you can do what Jack does, here’s a tutorial…

Swing Like A Pro:
    1) Press Escape to open options menu.
    2) Click Configuration
    3) Click Input
    4) Raise Mouse Sensitivity bar to 120 (The Max Bar Will Move)
    5) Turn Mouse Smoothing Off
    6) Click Save
    7) Learn to Play

Congratulations, you too can now turn while swinging.

• @b3h47pte:

The exploit has been in since the beta actually.

Oh I thought it was already patched.

• @~X~:

Theres a way you can do what Jack does, here’s a tutorial…

1. Press Escape to open options menu.
    2. Click Configuration
    3. Click Input
    4. Raise Mouse Sensitivity bar to 120 (The Max Bar Will Move)
    5. Turn Mouse Smoothing Off
    6. Click Save
    7. Learn to Play

Congratulations, you too can now turn while swinging.

No, increasing sensitivity higher doesn’t make you turn faster. I tested it.

There is also turn180 command in config file, but it doens’t work. I think it doesn’t do anything. Or I don’t know how to set it up properly

• @POOP:

I’m sorry to tell you bro, you’re wrong.

• @~X~:

@POOP:

I’m sorry to tell you bro, you’re wrong.

EDIT: no it’s still capped.

• I watched this, where he floats around is a huge abuse because his stab comes out instantly. You can’t deal with it.

• If you use a gamepad there is no swing penalty.