Horse and…the return of the Horse!

• Will we be seeing an equastrian action ever?

I know it was long debated that horses could be in game, there could be like a medieval tournament once a month with competitions for all characters and mounted jousts! haha ok thats a long shot. But seriously would we ever see a horse in game?

• Developer

We would love to see a horse in the game but it is not something that is currently a priority for the team due to us wanting to focus on getting the foot combat done as well as possible before venturing into other areas.

While we would all love to include horses, we do not plan on doing horses for the initial release. The reason for this is simply a matter of focus, need and quality, rest assured that if we ever do “expand” [ ;) ] out into mounted combat we will do so when we are fully confident we can offer the most engaging mounted combat possible.

• Would be cool for just a way of transportation as well.

• The horses would probably be scattered on the spawn points. So you can take a ride if u want to.
    But horses bring a lot of trouble too.

• UDK would probably handle this somewhat well. Vehicles are built into the code and if anyone played UT3, there is a ‘Dark Walker’ which has legs that walks around. Playing animations and attaching players to other objects is MUCH easier than in Source, so its definitely a much more plausible thing. Combine that with level streaming and you could have some big seamless levels involving horse travel.

• I imagine it could work by having one team of cavalry versus a team of infantry.

The Mason Order cavalry must hunt down the Agathian infantry who are survivors of a previous battle. The Agathians must escape across a river by boat to achive victory. Each player has one life on this map, meaning no respawn. It plays in rounds much like AOC Arena.

• I don’t actually know If it would work, it depends how easily a person could counter it if he was on foot.

A good example of this is Mount & Blade, in which really the only use of a horse is for fast transport, it doesn’t really give any edge in combat, personally I find it very easy to defeat a mounted opponent in that game. So basically, I think it shouldn’t be too advantageous unless everyone was mounted, but that would suck.

• My bullshit sense is tingling…
    If I may say so, a good lancer or a good horse archer has quite the edge.

• I don’t know, unless your stupid, theres a shield to protect you from both of those, its also fairly easy to dodge a lancer if you don’t have a shield, If you don’t bother even attacking the man and just aim for the horse its simples!

• I do believe there are no archers with shields.
    I agree that shield and and long range weapons are quite effective, but shields are for wusses, and so are them big swords and axes.

• Haha I respect your very offensive fighting technique!

• @TheRed:

I do believe there are no archers with shields.
    I agree that shield and and long range weapons are quite effective, but shields are for wusses, and so are them big swords and axes.

Real men use their fists.

• @-Slash-:

@TheRed:

I do believe there are no archers with shields.

Real men use their fists.

no, real men step through, seize the opponent’s weapon, snap thier forearm back, breaking the radius and ulna, and stab the attacker through the testicles with their own weapon

(actual method, outlined in the mid 14th C Von Baumann Fechtbuch, Codex Wallerstein)

• I could go on and on about ripping off your testicles and putting them in your eyesockets, but it’s just plain nasty, so I will not.

(actual method, outlined in the 4th Grade, Emil Vild**** Faktabok, Codex Ballestein)

• @Tibberius:

rest assured that if we ever do “expand” [ ;) ] out into mounted combat we will do so when we are fully confident we can offer the most engaging mounted combat possible.

aha this is what they are working on. very cool.

• OH MY GOD THIS NECROPOST.

• The bodies are being dug up, someone, close the mausoleum!