[Mod Suggestion] War Of The Roses

• Now, I can already see people beaming or wishing thier eyes be gouged out with a straw before this would go through, But frankly, I do not wish to copy the new game, But Chivalry’s game-play would be perfect for the setting of-which the new game did rather poorly as Chivalry is brutal and un-forgiving.

Now think about it, All the weapons are already modeled (Though the skins might need touching-up to suit the war), The main thing that would need to be made are the uniforms and in-turn, Skins for the uniforms and the different banners-flags for the maps.

Now with maps, For a simple starter map, There could be the battle for Bosworth field, One of the most brutal battles over the 100 years of war-fare.

A mapper could even make this map on its own and it would still turn out half-decent.

Any modders are free to use any of these ideas.

• That would be a cool mod. I am hoping we will see some historically based mods for European medieval warfare.

• I also like this idea. Would love to see some more realism/history-based maps and mods. The three TO maps we have are completely Eurodisney even if well designed for gameplay.

• I would hope that they would open up user maps to the public. I like the maps they have now, but it would be awesome if we had about 5x what we have now.

• WotR would be such a great game with Chiv’s melee combat.

• Best thing would be an RPG that uses this combat system. Open world like and of course mp support with partys.

• @Mr:

Best thing would be an RPG that uses this combat system. Open world like and of course mp support with partys.

Best thing would be a MMORPG with this combat system… everything with this combat system would be great though ^^

• @HackinTosh:

I also like this idea. Would love to see some more realism/history-based maps and mods. The three TO maps we have are completely Eurodisney even if well designed for gameplay.

3? There’s 5.

Where have you been?

• There is no need to put us in direct competition with WotR. It just causes bad feelings that aren’t needed. There is plenty of space for both games to exist, and I can only see a mod purposely directed at “one upping” WotR doing nothing but causing butt hurtness all round.

• I’m personally not interested at all when it comes historically accurate events. Let alone in Chivalry, which is set in a fictional world!