Chivalry on Xbox (ideas)

• Hello,

I have been playing Chiv for a long time on PC while in the Navy and now on Xbox one. I noticed that the PC version of the game has significantly more content than the xbox version. If somehow TB was able to make a DLC including that content for xbox, and simultaneously try and get the base version on xbox on the free with gold list, TB would likely sell the DLC quickly as so many other game developers have when reducing their prices or making it free with gold when selling DLC’s. The current player base on xbox is limited and I see the same people in every game. The only game mode that is populated is team objective. If TB does this or works with Microsoft to try and make it happen they would be furthering their brand recognition as well as setting up the player base for xbox one when they likely release Mirage: AW on xbox. This would not be a difficult task as far as I know, even if low on the priority list, and the benefits far outweigh the risks, and I see no risks. I dont believe the game is selling currently on xbox. Even if TB doesn’t/cant make the DLC work on xbox, at least getting it on the free to play for a month would still get brand recognition and sell the DLC weapon packs in the game currently. Thanks for reading.

• This post is deleted!

• @Joint-Tester said in Chivalry on Xbox (ideas):

Hello,

I have been playing Chiv for a long time on PC while in the Navy and now on Xbox one. I noticed that the PC version of the game has significantly more content than the xbox version. If somehow TB was able to make a DLC including that content for xbox, and simultaneously try and get the base version on xbox on the free with gold list, TB would likely sell the DLC quickly as so many other game developers have when reducing their prices or making it free with gold when selling DLC’s. The current player base on xbox is limited and I see the same people in every game. The only game mode that is populated is team objective. If TB does this or works with Microsoft to try and make it happen they would be furthering their brand recognition as well as setting up the player base for xbox one when they likely release Mirage: AW on xbox. This would not be a difficult task as far as I know, even if low on the priority list, and the benefits far outweigh the risks, and I see no risks. I dont believe the game is selling currently on xbox. Even if TB doesn’t/cant make the DLC work on xbox, at least getting it on the free to play for a month would still get brand recognition and sell the DLC weapon packs in the game currently. Thanks for reading.

I’m sure as much as Torn Banner would love to do much of this for the Xbox version of Chivalry, they cannot. Currently Activision have all power over what happens with Xbox One Chivalry and they are letting it die without any updates or anything. As for Mirage if it ever comes to console, Torn Banner would have full control hoping they do not give Activision or any other publishing company the rights to port their game over to the console as they did with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Do you know if there has been any effort from the community or TB to try and get Activision to update the game or do anything at all with it?

• @Joint-Tester We tried everything in the book. We attempted kickstarter donations, begging, emailing, and activision support, etc and yet both sides seem to never respond on the subject. -_-

• @CypressInstinx Wow, it’d be nice to at least be told, “No plans for an update” than getting the runaround. Thanks

• @Joint-Tester console = cash grab, sadly

• @joint-tester

Activision confirmed to me on Twitter about two week ago that the guys involved with the original port to Xbox and PS4 have since left the company.

This was in response to a bug I reported which they said they’d fix, until they realised the above (thus cba)

🙎🏻‍♂️

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.