5v5 TO tournament by MedievalTV

• Hi,

I and Bloodtrainer have been getting alot of questions when the next tournament will be??? So finally we announce that we have planned 5v5 Team Objective tournament for next weekend.

There have been lot of new clans / guilds showing up on Guildhall forums and old ones have been growing rapildy, so I expect some good fights :P

Half of planning work is done for the tournament, but not everything so there may be changes to the details.

Our website will be finished some time on this year hopefully. But it is usable already and the details and rules and other information will be released there.

Tournament info: http://www3.medievaltv.com/

edit

Tournament postponed to next weekend 2. - 4. of November

• Awesome, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

• We’d love to participate but this weekend is pretty filled with Halloween weekend plans. What time would these matches take place?

• @DonnieD:

We’d love to participate but this weekend is pretty filled with Halloween weekend plans. What time would these matches take place?

After the brackets are released we allow players to play at all times when they find opponent ready…

But most of the games AND FINALS will be at Europe nigh = America Day … UTC 18 - 24

• Cant sign up for that website.

Dunno if it’s me or some error on your end.

• Haha, just saying that 26th-28th of november isnt friday to sunday man. It is monday-wed
    you should reconsider tournament dates

• @Frontal:

Cant sign up for that website.

Dunno if it’s me or some error on your end.

The tournament sign up is on http://medievaltv.challonge.com/ like said on website.

• @RK:

Haha, just saying that 26th-28th of november isnt friday to sunday man. It is monday-wed
    you should reconsider tournament dates

Oh man,

I am sorry guys I had brain freeze when I marked the date. The tournament was supposed to be this weekend, but it is now postponed to next weekend 2. - 4. of November.

• My team in signed, but I wish to notice, that you need start some kind of polls, to find out, when teams from all over the world would be convenient to fight, and make opponents from similar timezone to face first.

• Good news! We are joined :) See for the battlefield

• After the brackets are released we allow players to play at all times when they find opponent ready…

So it will work like last duel tournament, you will just find people online and tell them to fight? Or teams will contact each other and set time by themselves?
    Also dont you think that 2 days is too small amount of time for all this teams?

• @DarkFox:

So it will work like last duel tournament, you will just find people online and tell them to fight? Or teams will contact each other and set time by themselves?
    Also dont you think that 2 days is too small amount of time for all this teams?

Well the thing is we planned that people can play the very first matches by themselves arranging matches on our IRC-channel or maybe at Mumble. Because at Challonge.com team captains can mark the match results and if both results match then brackets will automatically update. So we can speed up the tournament little bit by doing that.

We will stream as much matches as we can and of course the last epic matches will be streamed and casted live.

And also we have 3 days to go trough the whole tournament: Starting @ Friday and go trough Sunday.

• Well the thing is we planned that people can play the very first matches by themselves arranging matches on our IRC-channel or maybe at Mumble. Because at Challonge.com team captains can mark the match results and if both results match then brackets will automatically update. So we can speed up the tournament little bit by doing that.

So if we want to play earlier(UTC 18-24 is very late time in Russia) can we contact clan we are fighting against and set time without organisators? And how tournament server will work, will it be available 24/7, so we can fight anytime?

Reason I ask all this is that last tournament organisation was not perfect. One person can wait hours for his opponent. But keeping team together for hours is not that easy. When you have fixed time you know exactly who will be able to fight at that time. With this system there is a risk that team will wait for hours to fight, or even wont fight today at all.

• @DarkFox:

So if we want to play earlier(UTC 18-24 is very late time in Russia) can we contact clan we are fighting against and set time without organisators?

@www.medievaltv.com:

We expect people to start showing up on 16.00 - 18.00 UTC on IRC.

So we will be releasing the brackets on 16.00 UTC. And thats like 20.00 Moscow time.

When the brackets are released at 16.00 UTC, all team representatives should join IRC and start arranging the matches if they can find their opponent. So you can fight when ever you want… but ofcourse you should not delay the whole tournament =)

@DarkFox:

And how tournament server will work, will it be available 24/7, so we can fight anytime?

Yes server will be open whole weekend.

The brackets will be available after that at http://medievaltv.challonge.com/

• Nice. How should we contact with the other team leader? Using this post? Should we decide the time of the matches?

• Team representatives who has not contacted opponent team or arranged match or stayed at #medievaltv @ irc.quakenet.org will be disqualified after 18.00 UTC.

by http://www.medievaltv.com

Matchmaking starts Friday

We expect people to start showing up on 16.00 - 18.00 UTC on IRC.

All team representatives must be on IRC @ http://webchat.quakenet.org/ at channel #MedievalTV. This channel is meant to arrange matches on early phases of tournament.

• Thanks for your efforts guys! could you post when the final will be broadcast please?

• @Hilarious_Ransoms:

Thanks for your efforts guys! could you post when the final will be broadcast please?

8pm GMT tonight I believe? thats 2h 40m from now.