Punish tk?

• I’d really like to see a feature which allows you to punish your “fellow” teammates who tk’ed you. It’s very annoying in AoC if your teammates are slashing around like madmen and simply dont care if they kill you. Btw by punishing someone I think of loss of hp or even death or you could do nothing at all if you think it’s ok.

• I believe this was in AoC as part of the server settings. When someone teamkilled you, you had the option to either slay them or forgive them.

• @Lewis:

I believe this was in AoC as part of the server settings. When someone teamkilled you, you had the option to either slay them or forgive them.

That’s exclusively a Sourcemod feature. Something similar was in the works for Age of Chivalry CR3, but was obviously never released due to the engine change.

• Some servers in AoC do have the slay/forgive system

[Shameless advertisement]
    The ||MM|| UK/USA Hardcore 24/7 Battleground servers have a slay/forgive system, go play there :>. Unforgiven TK = you die. 2 (If I remember this correctly) unforgiven teamkills = 15 minutes ban. 5 regular kills remove 1 unforgiven teamkill. If you’re forgiven for the TK, nothing happens. [/Shameless advertisement]

• mmmm i like this idea

• Vote bans/punish seem to always abuse the good players that accidentally TK. I suggest that every time you strike a friendly that it takes away your health instead. Or a gentle balance between the two to keep the dynamic of having FF damage in which both players take damage. That way at least the TKer suffers too! I don’t know, there is never an easy solution to this problem.

• Could be implemented as a server option in the new game.

In the old AoC, I’m not sure if it’s possible. On the ||MM|| server, nothing happens if you just damage a teamie. If someone is constantly damaging teamies on purpose people just call me/another admin to gently apply the banhammer.

• The forgive system is nice indeed.

There should also be voteban commands enabled, imo.

• Votekick/voteban would also be good.