Mirage: Arcane Warfare to be removed from Steam

• Developer

Mirage: Arcane Warfare will be removed from sale on Steam (and third party marketplaces) within the next week.

We have made this change in part due to the new European Union privacy law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), that comes into effect May 25, 2018. We unfortunately have run out of options for keeping Mirage alive.

Official servers will remain running until May 31. Players will continue to be able to host their own public or private servers after this point.

Thank you for your support and for enjoying Mirage’s journey up to now. We look forward to seeing you in our future titles. Our other games, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior, will not be affected.

- Torn Banner Studios

• Thank god Chivalry stays , this game takes away my stress most of the time

• Most unfortunate, is this related to the game’s backend collecting data?

• Dear Torn Banner: I for one loved Chivlary through and through and would appreciate it if perhaps the studio could come together to revisit it with a little update love… or perhaps move on to greener pastures with a sequel, a totally different game, or something! Mordhau can not take the place of the beloved.

Your games are fun! The only thing you lack is polish, I swear. If ya’ll could just really sit down and work out the little kinks in your games it would serve you well as a company. Chivalry will never die. Best of luck.

• @playerhayter Wait… what? How did that law effect game servers?

• Truly sad. I have been a long time fan of Chivalry, and I absolutely loved Mirage. In many ways, I felt Mirage was better than Chivalry. This game will be missed.

• Hello Mirage Arcane Warfare warriors, as we all know, the game is almost dead and no new players are buying it anymore. The servers are always empty, and we have a max daily peak of 25 players all around the world (guess how ping it’s like). But according to the Steam charts ,when they did the free giveaway day we had 43000 players on the servers. That’s a gain of almost 30’000% the average player number. What is the solution?

We have a plan to save the game we bought. But we need the help of everybody, we can’t do it all alone.

1- MAKE THE GAME FREE: This the best way to attract new players, and make the people who bought the game still play it.

2- ADD BEGINNER SERVERS: The biggest issue for the new players is that they come in the server, get killed by pros, quit and then uninstall the game. This game has steep learning curve, and a beginner server would be the best way to introduce new players to the awesomes gameplay mechanics.

3- ADD ESTHETIC MICROTRANSACTION: This a good way to make some money back if the games becomes free. But only esthetic, because the gameplay core it’s all about skills.

-MINOR POINTS-

Make more maps
    Do some optimisation for low end pcs.
    Add dedicated DUEL servers.
    More customisable players (more items to unlock)

https://www.change.org/p/torn-banners-make-mirage-arcane-free?recruiter=106777705&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page

• It’s been removed what are you talking about, the boat has sailed. The catalyst given was the Euro new data rules etc.
    As they have no intention of releasing any code,configs or whatnots all you can do atm is host private servers on your pc
    or join others of those who actually still have the game in the steam library tbh

• But why don’t they give it for free? We could just use virtual lan to play.

• I’d suggest you jump in the TB / mirage discord and ask them tbh.

• Wow that’s incredibly unfortunate. I wonder how many players will actually have the confidence to pay full price for their next game after this. Deadliest Warrior didn’t really have stellar support. Mirage actually removed from steam. Hopefully TBS didn’t just get lucky with Chivalry and isn’t a one hit wonder.

• I sympathize and am sorry to hear. While that’s really unfortunate…

What about us? Sure there were hardly any players towards the end but still do we no longer have access to the product we paid for? Are we gonna get any sort of compensation? No refunds?

I guess it is what it is. I think I’ll feel pretty miffed if we’ll be the ones holding the bags as the product we paid for with our money goes up in smoke which is what it’s looking like.