Team Killing Archers…

• Watch out for AlexTheVanguard fellow archers… He came up behind my while killing from a far and killed me 3 times just for the fact that I was playing an archer, pretty prejudice lol. We eventually kicked him from the game. Mfw living in the 1960’s

• I thought this thread was about all the archers who teamkill by taking pot shots into duels and melees. Nevermind. :)

• @TexRoadkill:

I thought this thread was about all the archers who teamkill by taking pot shots into duels and melees. Nevermind. :)

That gets irritating too lol.

• @TexRoadkill:

I thought this thread was about all the archers who teamkill by taking pot shots into duels and melees. Nevermind. :)

X2 happens all the time…effing archers.

• @stew4771:

@TexRoadkill:

X2 happens all the time…effing archers.

Most of them just don’t know when to take their shots or what groups to fire into. Give em’ a break, they’ll pick up on it, the game has only been out for 6 days

• I prefer to just kick them in the rear and continue on.

• @HydroBIG:

I prefer to just kick them in the rear and continue on.

I must confess I often kick archers off of the spawn ledge. I consider that a map exploit, you should not be able to get clear shots on enemies while being immune to melee. Would be better if you always spawned in a room you had to jump out of, like the barn on stage2 for attackers on Battlegrounds and stage 1-2 (both teams use it once) on Stoneshill. Or having the spawn exit face away from the battlefield. The biggest offender is definitely Hillside, where the attacking team gets a melee-immune spawncamp spot on stage 1 and 2, and the defending team gets a super exploitative one on stage 2 which helps make treb3 impossible.

• Ya I usually go up by treb 1 on Hillside and reign hell down on those camping archers, they’re just a pain for my team to get treb 4.

• It’s not a map exploit at all. Who says that archers should be vulnerable to melee at all times? In actual medieval times it was the other way around, defending archers were always placed where enemy foot soldiers couldn’t reach them.

Besides, it’s a good way to ensure that the attacking team gets good use out of their archers.

• I think it’s fine if archers want to stay in spawn away from melee - it’s the start of a map and they’ll have to progress if they want to continue getting the kills, and if the action is centered around that starting point the team can’t be doing too well regardless!

While yes, you can get aggressive archers, surely the point of them is not to engage in hand-to-hand combat.

• This is a tricky issue because people are split. In Day of Defeat: Source (and I use this as an example as spawn zones are in the same manner as CMW on a few maps), shooting from spawn zones is extremely frowned upon and often server admins will enforce a rule that doing it is kickable. Whilst only 1/4 of classes can essentially shoot from spawn in CMW, I suppose if you are pushed back to your spawn, using ranged weapons in non-reachable parts is the better option, as going melee when this happens is really just shooting yourself in the foot. It’s annoying, yes, but it’s unlikely we’ll (as in RK on RK servers) do anything about it unless a very large portion of said team started doing it and were actually benefiting from it as part of the mode; as of right now, I can only think of Hillside where defending and doing this is beneficial.

• I have a confession. On that map where you defend the king, I like to play agatha just so I can go to the battlements and kick archers off. Get in there you babies!

• @Tree0ctopus:

Watch out for AlexTheVanguard fellow archers… He came up behind my while killing from a far and killed me 3 times just for the fact that I was playing an archer, pretty prejudice lol. We eventually kicked him from the game. Mfw living in the 1960’s

I would be lying if I said that this type of behavior had not crossed my mind on more than one occasion. Too often do I see Archers shooting at distance into a group engaged in melee. With utter disregard for the fact there are hitting allies as well as the enemy. I often feel like giving them a clout around the head. I don’t of cause, such behavior is not befitting a Knight.

I guess this “AlexTheVanguard” just snapped, had had enough. What is that saying about poking lions?

• shooting from spawn depends on the position. on a map where you defend the king, i dont have a problem with archers fireing from the castle wall, as that was an intedned feature. even though they are immune to it. however on the same map where you pour out the windows, i kick archers out of the castle, your creatting a traffic jam, and its rude. i even play archer often, dont stand int he path of traffic i will kick you, even if im an archer.

same map, i team kill atleast one person a game. i can tolerate idoits who fire randomly into crowdes, and i deal with people who LMB fights wth allies in the way, but the jackass’ who just dump the oil when no one is even at the ram, and killing your own team, gets you to the top of my list pretty fast.

• @Eek!:

I think it’s fine if archers want to stay in spawn away from melee - it’s the start of a map and they’ll have to progress if they want to continue getting the kills, and if the action is centered around that starting point the team can’t be doing too well regardless!

While yes, you can get aggressive archers, surely the point of them is not to engage in hand-to-hand combat.

If an archer wants to stand on the spawn exit and farm kills without contributing anything to the team or objective then as far as I’m concerned they are wasting server slots and bandwidth.

• If the archers you guys are talking about are getting kills doesn’t that help your team? Is the problem more about them not being in a melee battle like everyone else or their location when they get a kill?

Personally I enjoy the melee aspect of this game and prefer to engage in h2h combat but for those that want to engage at range I don’t have any bad feelings about that. I also don’t care if they want to shoot from a roof top or murder holes in castle walls. I feel this game is about killing your opponent there isn’t a rule book on how to do that.

Btw this thread has been hijacked pretty quickly from the OP’s first point.