Why the ____ is everyone playing 24/7 Battleground?

• Seriously, if you are going to play AOC why play the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and not do the objective? Battlegrounds is like one of the worst maps. Is it because you don’t have to think about objectives and it is easy to just run around and kill stupid noobs? Maybe it is because they do not like a challenge and get tired of me raping them on all the other maps till they rage quit. Ugh I just don’t get it.

I hope that this is not going to be the case with Chivalry but I am guessing that it is just a matter of time before some douche hosts a 24/7 battlegrounds server. Seriously? Is it going to come down to servers hosting one map over and over virtually killing the game?

Ok, Rant over……

• This is what made me stop playing AoC. Final nail in the coffin was the 24/7 HARDCORE BATTLEGROUNDS server being the only one populated whenever I launched the game.

• @SlyGoat:

This is what made me stop playing AoC. Final nail in the coffin was the 24/7 HARDCORE BATTLEGROUNDS server being the only one populated whenever I launched the game.

Funny, that’s what made me start playing the game again. :P

• Eh. Play chivalry.

• I know what you mean Ret, but some people just like that thrill of killing and not doing the objective. I found it completely repetitive and always tried to fill up the secondary MM server, because 24/7 battlegrounds just got so old lol

I don’t think it will get this way in Chivalry though, because there are FFA maps now for that kind of thing. ^^

• Because the crusader “Circle Jerk” is the most fun move in the game. It’s where you circle around your team and the enemies into the player you want to kill(IE the jerk).

Because heavy knights are slow and shieldless, they’re less valuable in this map. Usually you have to counter the HK with a HK itself(Which I find to be the dullest battle in the game), a maa/serg, and a guardsman(As for guardsman, I was just trying to counter that with the small axe, but only began my testing).

Ranged classes are playable on the map.

The biggest issues are the box map(See the whole map/players, lagg), plenty of audio(Lagg), catys(Lagg like HeII), ton of ranged crap(Lagg, IE it will slow you don’t even if it doesn’t hit).

As for Chivalry: Medieval Combat’s Battleground level, the gameplay is totally different. I think it could use the old Battleground tbh.

• It’s also not like the other maps, which are cramped like HeII. Body blocking causes an insane amount of lagg in some Internet games and the old Source engine is no exception. Because of the slow speeds and the amount of n00bZ, body blocking is through the roof. It’s one thing if a skilled player is behind you, but everybody else is totally useless. Even a skilled player can have difficulties getting around you or moving back

• What I have observed here is that when I’m going to focus on playing the more I get interest no matter what would happen next.