Unreal Development Kit (Map making)

• I am very interested in making custom maps for the game in the Unreal Development Kit, I’m a newbie at it so it will take time for me to learn how to make a map in UDK efficiently. the only map making experience i have is with source SDK i have made only one map with it and i know how to use it well enough. but I’ve discovered they are very far apart, and i know Unreal engine and it’s UDK are more powerful engines. Anyway I’m not sure how i can format the UDK so I can use textures/materials/characters ETC from the game in order for it to look like I made it for that game to begin with. I will polish the map, and finish it up and make it look as much good as i can get it to look. Maybe as good as your standard maps look so far.

Help would be much appreciated if any of you guys know

• There is a UDK tutorial for this game somewhere in this forum.

I’d like to join you in making a custom map.

• @POOP:

There is a UDK tutorial for this game somewhere in this forum.

ah ok… I’m not sure how you would be able to help… like for example… what would you be doing? that would compensate what I’m doing to bring them together?

• @MetalDevil19:

@POOP:

ah ok… I’m not sure how you would be able to help… like for example… what would you be doing? that would compensate what I’m doing to bring them together?

It would be very hard for you create a whole map by yourself. I can provide you with ideas and sketches maybe. Sort of concept art part. I’m decent at digital art with photoshop/corelpainter/sai.

Since I have experience in art, I can also provide textures with correct gritty feel.

• @POOP:

@MetalDevil19:

@POOP:

It would be very hard for you create a whole map by yourself. I can provide you with ideas and sketches maybe. Sort of concept art part. I’m decent at digital art with photoshop/corelpainter/sai.

Since I have experience in art, I can also provide textures with correct gritty feel.

ok… this feels like I’m getting into map making business for real. this is pretty cool… yeah that would be cool if you lended a hand someway or another.

• Here are some real historical battles that we may get inspiration from. I found this in a forum. We can look into wiki for more info.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hastings(1066) Normans vs. England: I have a “sentimental bond” with this battle, since the first history books I received was about Hastings

Poitiers(1356) France vs. England: I simply love Edward’s tactics at Poitiers

Nicopolis(1396) Crusades vs. Ottoman Empire: it’s a perfect display of the military close-mindedness of European knights

Ankara(1402) Timurid Empire vs. Ottoman Empire: one of the greatest battles of the Medieval period, a sort of “Tyson vs. Holyfield”

Arbedo(1422) Milan vs. Swiss Confederacy: The first defeat of the Swiss, overcomed by dismounted knights who nullified the deadly effects of the pike squares

Torvioll(1444) Albania vs. Ottoman Empire: of the greatest ambushes of the Medieval era

Night Attack(1462) Walacchia vs. Ottoman Empire: another great ambush,led by one of my favourite medieval characters

Molinella(1467) Venice vs.Florence,Naples,Milan and the Papal State: the two greatest condottieri of the time(Colleoni and Federico da Montefeltro) one against the other

Tewkesbury(1471) York vs. Lancaster: a great battle involving artillery, archers, knights and common infantry

Vaslui(1475) Moldavia vs. Ottoman Empire: I consider Vaslui the greatest defeat suffered by the Turks before Vienna, too bad this battle is often overlooked
    Battle of Morat(1476) Burgundy vs. Swiss Confederacy: the modern army of Charles the Bold getting mauled by “part-time” soldiers…The last Duke of Burgundy is the most intriguing character of the 15th century

Italian Wars( techically a transitional period between Medieval and Ealy modern military history)

Calmazzo(1502) Cesare Borgia vs. “League of Condottieri”: Cesare’s troops were defeated, but led to his vengeance…“Borgia style”!
    Agnadello(1509) France vs. Venice: Everyday I wake thinkin’ up about “What if the that idiot of Niccolò da Pitigliano…”

Ravenna(1512) France vs. Holy League: a great display of artillery warfare and bloody hand-to hand fight, with an unexpected epilogue(see my thread for further informations)

Flodden Field(1513) Scotland vs. England: a bloody melee fought in the muddy grounds of Northern England

Marignano(1515) France & Venice vs. Swiss Confederacy:AKA the “Battle of Giants”…'nuff said

• Oh, get a room you two! <3