How to beat Mordhau - FEATURE REQUESTS

• @Klyx said in How to beat Mordhau - FEATURE REQUESTS:

we should instead request actual features we want in-game

Or you should, you know, play the superior game that was made from the fans to the fans, after Torn Banner left Chivalry to rot.

• @Retsnom said in How to beat Mordhau - FEATURE REQUESTS:

1. Make a global world map and all the other maps are locations within the global map then set it up so that the 3 factions are fighting over the global world map. Have it so that in this “campaign mode” is that you can only join one faction every 24 hours and the game mode plays like a giant game of RISK. World map gets reset when one faction wins or once a week.
    2. STATS STATS STATS. Age of Chivalry had better stat keeping than chivalry which was virtually non existent.

Honestly, at least one of these is a must. There needs to be some sort of cohesion between matches; it’s not 2012 anymore.

• One of the biggest things, at least in my opinion, is to have a mode balanced for 5v5 or 6v6. 64 player servers are fun for casual stomping, but to foster a viable competitive scene you NEED to have an interesting team mode that can be played in one map with 10-12 players max.

Please please please put all your creative muscle into coming up for a solution for this.

• @Knifelegs said in How to beat Mordhau - FEATURE REQUESTS:

One of the biggest things, at least in my opinion, is to have a mode balanced for 5v5 or 6v6. 64 player servers are fun for casual stomping, but to foster a viable competitive scene you NEED to have an interesting team mode that can be played in one map with 10-12 players max.

Please please please put all your creative muscle into coming up for a solution for this.

I always thought the TO maps in chiv was pretty good for 5v5. But it would be cool to have some official servers that was max 10 players, and maybe some kind of matchmaking system for 5v5. Thoughts?

• @Jonystrom So long as it’s not -only- ranked that’s 5v5, I’m in. I love small matches, don’t much care for huge fusterclucks.

• @Klyx a big +1 on all points except voice chat - I’m thinking it was a great move to ditch voice chat as part of the game - let people use external voice chat systems - far more flexible and keeps the trouble of it out of the game.

I’d also add that releasing for Linux as well as Windows is at the TOP of my wishlist :)

• @Jonystrom TO is great, but IIRC didn’t the chiv comp community have to play the same map twice to determine a winner? That seems silly for me for multiple reasons. A mode that either has a halftime like CS where sides switch or a mode that’s able to determine a winner in one map without having to play it second time would be 100x better imo.

If you’re going to implement a matchmaking system, there needs to be a fair and balanced mode that is able to determine a clear winner with one map play through. Making the game unnecessarily long because you have to play a map twice will turn a lot of people off.

I honestly doubt Chiv 2 will ever have a matchmaking system though. It’s been proven with other small dev teams/games that matchmaking systems with niche communities don’t really do well. It’s a waste of time/money to develop anything for the competitive community unless you are explicitly making a competitive game.

• @Park0urDavid said in How to beat Mordhau - FEATURE REQUESTS:

My requests:

-Don’t be on the Epic Games Store

It would be enough to make Chiv2 a better game than it’s current state!
    Sadly Tornbanner want to lose facing Mordhau.
    Their loss, our gain, money to spend elsewhere.

@Jonystrom TO is great, but IIRC didn’t the chiv comp community have to play the same map twice to determine a winner? That seems silly for me for multiple reasons. A mode that either has a halftime like CS where sides switch or a mode that’s able to determine a winner in one map without having to play it second time would be 100x better imo.

If you’re going to implement a matchmaking system, there needs to be a fair and balanced mode that is able to determine a clear winner with one map play through. Making the game unnecessarily long because you have to play a map twice will turn a lot of people off.

Yes that is true, the map would be played twice to determine the winner. I just see it as 2 halves of a map, but would be nice if the game was designed like that from the start, so there would be no need to go back and do the math in your head to determine who won XD.

I just hope that TO work as it did chiv, where one team defend, and one team attack. I’m not a big fan of how they did it in Mordhau, where both teams fight for checkpoints and both teams attack/defend at the same time. It completely changed the feel of the game, this can maybe also be blamed on the overall mapdesign in Mordhau.

Speculation time: A goal that they were aiming for during Mirage’s development was making the objectives more competitive. This included making them quicker. It’s not out of the question that the objectives in Chiv 2 could be significantly shorter than their Chiv 1 counterparts, which would allow for halftime switches to be more reasonable.

• Important Features to keep the game alive and to differ it from Mordhau:

- Bot-AI with different difficulty settings.
    With a good AI even small groups of players can enjoy full scale battles. And new players can learn and play with easier to beat foes. A good AI also makes it possible to play the game alone or with only a few friends. Jedi Knight 2 and 3 had this many years ago and they also had singleplayer. I don’t understand why modern games neglect those features. (I am still playing JK3 and battlefront1 because of those features)

- Map Editor with Tutorials and documentary.
    New content keeps the game alive and is good for people who like to be creative.

- “Gods mode” like “Zeus” from Arma3.
    A player/moderator is the Master of the server and can spawn events/change weather conditions and spwan objects mission targets and so on. Why not putting a big fire breathing Dragon on the map that fights against both teams? Or a peasant rebellion or an Orc Horde!? An Earthquake or a Plague?

- Additinal game mods/ Minimods:
    Horde, Mounted Tournament, Minigames like an (roboin-Hood-like) archer contest, throwing shooting or fist/knife fighting competitions. Like the Duel Maps from DW.
    (In some old shooter games we had “best of pistol” or “best of knife” servers were people only used those weapons to have a completly different game expierence, it was great fun.)

- Story based Single player and Coop-Missions with role playing abilities. Similar like “Horde” but with more diversity and surprises. (I know this is a multiplayer game but, this would be something new and attract other kinds of players to the game.)
    I always wished there was a game with a combat system of chivalry and a big roleplaying-World like ElderScrolls. In which you could travel and play missions with 4-16 other players.

- Interactive Wolrd:
    Movable siege machines, destructable walls and towers, ladders to carry and place free, ropes and climbing hooks, fire effects (like in far cry 2), shovels to dig trenches and tunnels.
    In my opinion the objective/siege modus was the best thing about chivalry and the game should focus on that mode.