THANK YOU FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

• Having tried Mordhau and absolutely despising it due to it’s broken community. Everyone, and I mean everyone using nothing but feinting in every fight. Something frowned upon greatly in Chiv:DW, I found myself having to adapt and in doing so the fun of the game was completely stripped. Even in fights I win I feel at a loss for winning in an exploitative kind of way. If I could make one suggestion. Just one suggestion and the rest you may have free reign over. Please, PLEASE take out feinting ENTIRELY out of the game. I know this sounds drastic and a lot of For Honor players rely on this tactic to save their lives, but coming from over 1k hours in Chiv and god knows how much in DW, as an all time fan and supporter of all things Torn Banner, let the melee genre have one game that actually takes timing and skill to play rather than cancelling attacks repeatedly. I know this game will without any doubt in my mind become the reigning champ of melee combat games, but I want to see it flourish and last. With all that said, thank you again. Thank you for finally bringing to us what we’ve so dearly missed.

• Feinting is an important part of many fighting games. It’s used in HEMA too. It shouldn’t be seen as an issue or something dishonorable. Games need the added depth that feints give IMO. You probably need to accept feints and learn to play with them.

If you don’t like how feints work in Chivalry 1 for example, there are ways for the game devs to balance them. Maybe suggest changes to the mechanic instead of its removal.

• @SpawnAgain44 said in THANK YOU FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:

Feinting is an important part of many fighting games. It’s used in HEMA too. It shouldn’t be seen as an issue or something dishonorable. Games need the added depth that feints give IMO. You probably need to accept feints and learn to play with them.

If you don’t like how feints work in Chivalry 1 for example, there are ways for the game devs to balance them. Maybe suggest changes to the mechanic instead of its removal.

Agreed. Too many people complain about feinting without taking steps to fix their issues with it, or even trying to learn how to read it.

• “A revised feinting system lets you play intense mind games with foes and gives another layer of control for the master swordsman.” from the FAQ. We’ll just have to wait and see. Some type of feint is necessary in my opinion as ftp and cftp is an integral part of chiv. Less so in Mordhau. Also in Mordhau I think morphs is more of a problem than feints. I dont really have a problem with morphing, but I fail to see the point of it. It’s like feinting but has less uses, no need to learn timing and is in my mind clearly made for newcomers.

• @Jonystrom would be more intresting if we can just hold the parry. than u dont have to read feints all the time. and if you want this to be balanced its very easy if u hold your parry you cant repost. if u wanna repost you need to parry excatly when the hit comes like in mordhau or in chiv1. so the game become more fresh but you can still play it like in the original ones. these games just dont wanna evolve.