The inevitable question

• So I watched the new trailer but I couldn’t really get much of a feel for what to expect beyond the art design (which i’m quite liking except for the excessive sparks). Therefore I want to ask you, the devs, to tell us why we would want to play Chiv2 instead of Mordhau? What is Chiv2 going to bring to the table that Mordhau can’t compete with? I hope you don’t find this question unreasonable because many people will be asking themselves this very question when Chiv2 is released.

• From what I’m hearing, the most important draw for people is going to be Team Objective. TB are good at making their maps thematic and cinematic.

• @OutlawStar I certainly can’t speak for Torn Banner … I’m just a Chivalry player.
    That said, I propose that the question isn’t as important as one might think.
    I spent a week in Mordhau, and then went back to Chivalry, here’s IMHO why:

1. Mordhau has failed to deliver melee mechanics that satisfy, and I believe that is the core of this kind of game. Torn Banner did an amazing job with Chivalry in making it FEEL natural, and despite the flaws (exploit-like quirks), I trust Torn Banner to deliver in their second gen of what’s most important (melee mechanics).

2. Mordhau has failed to deliver on the “cool” factor in the aesthetics of their styling, artwork, and sound. Even with the drastically-modernized rendering capabilities of the newer engine used, Mordhau characters don’t look or move anywhere near as “cool” as in Chivalry. Here again I trust Torn Banner to deliver an upgrade continuing their style/artwork/sound dominance.

3. Its unforgivable that, as a crowd-funded product, and implemented on a cross-platform-capable game engine, Mordhau didn’t release on Linux in addition to Windows. Torn Banner earned alot of respect + loyalty from me in releasing on Linux, and I am hoping they continue in their wisdom on that - PLEASE DON’T LET ME DOWN TB - LINUX YES :)

• thanks for the replies. I must admit that Mordhau’s Frontline mode is a far cry from Chivalry’s Team Objective (TO), and if Chiv2 is going to have some nice TO maps then that will be a big deal. Also the anything-goes character designs do lack a certain charm and the clear distinction between the factions that the designs in Chiv had.

As for the melee mechanics being less saisfying I don’t agree with ya at all. I havent’ played Chialry since Mordhau was released and I haven’t looked back. Much smoother, more possibilities. Clash battles are awesome even if they are rare.

As of yet we still have no in-dept explanation of how Chiv2 combat is going to work, and I hope we get one soon…

• well I haven’t played Mordhau but for training mod & I also haven’t looked back at all at mordhau , quite happily play
    Chivalry as usual ta, and as for much smoother clash battles
    I doubt any mass fight in T/O when teams of Knights with mauls heavy ranked vets and vans meet at brawl that is has
    any other game comparison what so ever. Even today games are often suddenly full of high ranked knights plus other
    classes suddenly joining server I find as if some sms text alert drew them in to the server hehe.

As for your idea of simply free flow of information so it can be discredited or dissected by the fan boys be that pro’s
    or otherwise of rivals is just not a viable idea. You like us veterans will just have to wait. You are nobody of credible
    concern to me Outlaw at all. Chivalry has some even today Very strong hard core veterans who effortlessly put down
    any mordhau tryhards returning to chivalry for some salty or toxic rant.

• i didn’t start this thread for some nonsense about ‘‘Mordhau good, chiv bad’’ or vice versa, so please take that crap elsewhere.

• Pleb go jump on discord and pose the inevitable question , why would you even mention that other game here.
    This place is sanctuary the legends still dwell here. Unlike some tourist snapper hehe.

• I havent’ played Chialry since Mordhau was released and I haven’t looked back. Much smoother, more possibilities. Clash battles are awesome even if they are rare.

Your own words pleb, as for ranting at me in private chat scrub that crass move out. Also as this

’ As of yet we still have no in-dept explanation of how Chiv2 combat is going to work, and I hope we get one soon…’

You mean you. Not we also as Suggested go jump on discord you can natter directly at devs.
    These plebs vanish on mordhau then actually expect it’s a right to come back here prying.

• so are you saying that you have received an in-depth explanation of Chiv2 combat mechanics then?