Customizations (Cosmetics, FOV, Camera Views etc..)

• I do really hope there is gonna be a good character customization.
    Put different character height settings in it. + FEMALE characters for god sake.
    Wide field of view settings as in the original.
    And a proper wide angle 3rd view not like in mordhau. these are my first thoughts.
    And don’t you dare to remove reverse hits. :D

• Yes plz. Uncapped FOV and keep reverse hits as was in chiv.

• Limited FOV

• @Sofia-Lannister said in Customizations (Cosmetics, FOV, Camera Views etc..):

Limited FOV

Is that confirmed or just your wish? I personally dont see the point of limiting it, why do other people care what fov I choose to use. Yeah it looks funny and yes you get better peripheral vision, if you dont like it, play with a lesser fov. Why do I have to play in a lesser fov just because some people want to. Is it an unfair advantage when everyone is free to use it?

• @Jonystrom
    High FOV is not unfair, but it’s an advantage that comes at the cost of making the game look significantly worse. You shouldn’t force players to choose between their visual experience and practical advantages if it can be helped.

What if there was an option to make all walls invisible? It would make the maps look terrible, but it would certainly be advantageous to know exactly where the enemy team is.

• @Skindiacus
    Well, not really a fair comparison as having xray is a much bigger advantage than higher fov, but I see your point.

• Doesnt matter its 2019/2020 make the game adjustable. if u want a competitive mod there you can make it limited, but in casual vanilla mod let the players have fun in their way that simple. its a good buisness decision. Any limiting in customization make any games worse than it is.

• fov should be capped, but shouldn’t be so low that you can’t see whats going on around you. Being forced to use a dumb fisheye fov because its competitive is dumb imo.

3rd person should just be removed entirely. I think it was a mistake to even have it in the first one. Chivalry isn’t a third person game and it’s use shouldn’t be encouraged tbh.

• @Knifelegs I recall reading that third-person was a thing that’s NOT going to be in Chiv 2; saw it in either the FAQ or their discord.

• Well i played 5000+ hour in 3rd View in the first game. Every Torn Banner game had 3rd view and high fov settings. If they remove 3rd view and customizable fov they lost me as a customer. and i played chivalry 1 more than all of you almost. I made some art for it too… i was literally addicted to 3rd view… So dont tell me 3rd view should be removed lol… IT IS A 3rd person view game more than a 1st person one…

• @bubyoz said in Customizations (Cosmetics, FOV, Camera Views etc..):

Well i played 5000+ hour in 3rd View in the first game. Every Torn Banner game had 3rd view and high fov settings. If they remove 3rd view and customizable fov they lost me as a customer. and i played chivalry 1 more than all of you almost. I made some art for it too… i was literally addicted to 3rd view… So dont tell me 3rd view should be removed lol…

Yeah okay, fair enough.

IT IS A 3rd person view game more than a 1st person one…

Aaaand, too far.

• This post is deleted!

• @Skindiacus okay i went a little too far i just loved the game. :D sry :D