What plan do you have to add depth to the game?

• Currently it is just like any FPS. Match on a team, kill each other for fun, but theres no fluff or depth.

Don’t get me wrong thats the core of the game. However at the core its just like call of duty, halo, MnB, and any other game where you match up with a team and fight for fun, nothing else.

I personally think a ranked matchmaking system (not ranked on game time but wins) / ladder system would be amazing. Could have one for every game type and also seperate game sizes.

Would look like this

“Joined ranked ladder/matchmaking game”

“Game type”

“Amount of players” (1v1 duels, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 6v6, 8v8, 12v12, and 16v16)

“Search for similar ranked players”

“Join match”

“let the fun begin!”

Okay so it wouldn’t be that easy to implement, but that’s about how basic it has to be. Let the player choose the gametype and the team size (or duels if they would prefer)

Do you think you have the resources to build something like this into the game? At least then it would be on par with Halo as far as competitive online goes (not including organized competition). As it is anyone can play anyone. Which is great, that option should be kept as well, but I think a built in matchmaking system would do wonders for the game.

Devs what do you think (about plans to add more depth)?

• It’s not easy to implement and I think it’s quite costly too with the servers. But I would absolutely love it if they could. 1vs1 duels are so much fun, but it’s kinda boring that the skill levels are so randomly varied on the servers.

I’m sure it would help this game grow in the eSport scene enormously if they managed to do it.

Maybe somebody can make an unofficial dueling ladder/gather kinda thingy? ^^

• This game has plenty of depth.

It has the level of Jedi Academy, it’s above M&B, and easily beats WOTR(I Can say that finally, having played it.)

• The depth currently goes as far as playing with random teammates (or alone) and trying to kill people for fun.

Seriously, tell me what else there is.

I guess weapon unlocks and the ranking system (who plays the most is what it really is) are counted as depth?

Not saying I don’t enjoy it, just saying it has potential for much more.

• Join a clan and do scrims or form a team and join a league. Or wait for duel mode and join a duel league. In the good ol’ days we didn’t expect developers to do everything for us - we had more competitive options back then too because it wasn’t all funneled through the developers. Tibberius has said he’s interested in sponsoring any leagues who prove themselves capable of maintaining a league.

• @SlyGoat:

Join a clan and do scrims or form a team and join a league. Or wait for duel mode and join a duel league. In the good ol’ days we didn’t expect developers to do everything for us - we had more competitive options back then too because it wasn’t all funneled through the developers. Tibberius has said he’s interested in sponsoring any leagues who prove themselves capable of maintaining a league.

A league would be great but without the tools for game play customization, it may be tough to set it up.

I don’t see why they couldn’t do even a basic WoW arena. Queue up for match, play match, win points, move up/down ladder. I haven’t played that game in years but I know the ladder system is very effective.

game companies that have their own built in ladder type system really have an advantage. Such as League of Legends.

Another thing they could do to add depth is give a lot of customization options tied to certain requirements. Like 1000 kills on an official server to get X customization option

ANYTHING to spice it up a bit so our characters don’t feel so generic. There is a reason a gametype like cRPG was added to MnB

The community of these types of games CRAVE it.

Hell I remember the first time I experienced ladder gaming. Starcraft classic like 10 years ago. That would be all the depth I would want, personally. I’d take ladder over customization options any day.

• I would love to see an end of round dueling system. The best players on each team duel each other at the end of the round for a chance for the game to end/continue (in TO at least)