Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!

• Please add cosmetics, I would personally love to see more plumes and also capes. Skillcapes. Maybe you can have individual levels for classes and when you reach a max level (lvl 99 pls) you get a really cool looking cape that you can rep with other classes, or maybe the cape is class locked. Regardless, capes are my favorite thing and I really like the idea of unlocking cosmetics based on leveling, or maybe even achievements.

• @bubblywums

• 1st Person Death
    • Chambering
    • MORPHS
    • Hit Trades (if necessary)
    • Weapon Clashing
    • Mobile Catapults
    • Destructible Physics
    • Armor Taint Options
    • 64 PLAYER STANDARD TEAM OBJ. SERVERS
    • Variety of Customization (that doesn’t look too out of place)
    • Directional kills, I’d like to see my opponent ragdolled in the direction I striked him, rather than watch him fall straight to the floor. It just doesn’t look right.
    • Let us be part of the objective, I want to be able to hoist a flag or push a ram towards it’s goal. Standing next to it and watching it go on its own sucks. Give us a sense of purpose.

• Global Moderator

physics for that chicken in the trailer :-)

• what kind of explosions does the game have? i personally would like a back-mounted fire barrel, which explodes upon contact with fire. But can also be planted in to the ground and set for a timed explosion.

you could think of it as a medieval kamikaze suit, i think this would fit the tone of chivalry II quite well

• This post is deleted!

• Using a trebuchet on a fully destructible castle would be a neat way to have some dynamic gameplay seeing as how map strategies could change on the fly accordingly as the round progresses.

Would also like to see this paired with something like an alterac valley/conquest style map where resources are fought over and outposts are held. ( much grander than Mordhau)

I might also be interested in seeing a clashing mechanic similar to mordhau’s as an option to play around forced trades (if trades exist in chiv 2) as it’s a very epic/cinematic/spectator friendly mechanic.

• @bubblywums Hello, I think the main omission in the last game you did a bad animation attacks. I’d like that you to fix this. otherwise, I personally (and perhaps others) would hate to play your game, and any content you add dont fix this mistake. Sorry for my bad english, I’m foreigner

• Historically accurate designs for armor and weapons.
    • Ability to save many different loadouts.
    • Keybinds for each type/direction of attack.
      (Right overhead, right strike, right upwards strike, left upwards strike, left strike, left overhead, right stab, left stab, modifier: switch attack side, etc.)
    • Maybe include options for controlling attack type/direction using mouse movement direction or character movement direction.

Also, maybe try to work closely with experienced Chivalry/Mordhau players to polish combat.

1. Come hither spam.
    2. Hidden wooden cows in every map.
    3. Spectral Echo.
    4. Boiling oil pots to drop down on people using a ram on a gate house.
    5. Chiv 1’s longsword model.
    6. Exclusives, particularly cosmetics like emblems, weapon skins, and customizable armor/helmet for originaly Chivalry 1 veterans.

• Single player,Story.

• avoid certain over done content flexibility
    to avoid what happened in mordhau when a kkk bunch turned up on a server one day much to the press’s delight .
    Also leaving a section of content unlocked for future changing or upgrading of skins rank colors not sure of its techy wordings.

• Hi !
    Great idea to ask your players what they would like to have…

1° First, please keep the same fun, humour of characters,
    2° Same thing for graphics color, the old chivalry is a timeless, outstanding looking graphics, this why we still play a it
    3° Too many people said Mordau is better than chiv. Mordau doesn’t have the same charm, humour, no fun, no personality (for many players)
    One thing i hated is we had code for playing during 2 years on mordau not fair for the others gamers. Xp Based on gold is pure shi…
    4° The art is to produce a gameplay the more natural possible and the less complicate possible. This make an untemporal game. Chivalry one is nearly 10 years now !!!
    5° More maps, more , Team Objective , TDM, CTF of course, King protection, different scenarios.
    6° The idea of having castles destroyed by balistas is a really good one.
    i remeber the first game ever which made this Red Faction we could destroy everything the fun was incredible.
    6° fire Arrows could be fun also for certain maps.
    7° Having a game who doesnt need the last 2500 euros graphic card, 32 go and E9…will make more profit for you.
    8° One Last Thing : Can you make something like a bonus, or spécial rank for the old players of Chivalry ! could be rewarding for old players !!!

It’s really a good news Long live the Order !!!

• Global Moderator

• Capture the flag
    • story driven Team Objective
    • 8 team death match with corresponding colors (much like deadliest warrior)
    • decent practice bots
    • flail weaponry (one handed flail, pole flail)
    • server remote control access
    • memes

Thank you,
    Papsikins Heironomous Boschnlaumb Tyrannathesaurus Rex [B]uttman the 1st of Wellington

• This post is deleted!

• @SpawnAgain44

• Build the game around skill, with high level competitive play in mind.

• good anti cheat system.
    • a progression system that is rewarding.
    • a global ranking system from copper to maybe platinium (with unique skins in reward).
    • heroes or a special class maybe like the ones you can see in Star wars battle Front 2 (when you get enought point you can unlock a heroe or an elite class for exemple : take the old models of each class from chivalry 1 and transform them into badass veterans with a little bit more health).
    • yeah heroes in team objective would be super cool.
    • statistics that you can see in the menu with your ratio, your current level, how many xp you need etc

Thank you,
    you’ll always have my support ! make Chivalry 2 a best seller ! :p

• oh and i forgot, when you’re at the end of a team objective map and you have to kill nobles or a lord, why not take the 5 first player after the one that became a lord or a noble and transform them into “elite guards” with a cool looking armor. this way everyone is happy and nobody really fight for the first place.

• Can i get some Samurai’s?

alt text

• Maps and objective based modes that work for 5v5 or 6v6 gameplay with halves so teams can play both sides if asymmetrical.

A non clunky duel mode that mimics community FFA duels but prevents randoming. Challenge a player by walking up to them and pressing a button. Other player needs to accept. Once accepted only those two players can deal damage to each other until one of them dies.

A working pause/round restart/game restart function that server admins can use.

• To capture realism and to be more immersive, make wearing helmets block out the corners of the screen, like they do in kingdom come deliverance in first person.

Also, make armor more customizable to your class so adding armor to arms, legs, chests makes you stronger in those areas respectively, but on the flipside makes you move or swing your weapon slower in those areas and vice versa. Less armor could make you weaker to an attack but can move faster in areas with less armor on.