Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!

• @Skindiacus 100% on the lore enhancement. Made the game exciting and fun to find out there were links in the story between maps and characters. Going deeper into that lore and expanding it makes the game unique and intriguing.

• Large statue of me as a knight with a maul or a clock tower map will do :)

• @Helrin2 said in Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!:

Make the weapons count as a “collision” box (e.g. a wall) even when they’re inactive. That way people can’t run past your weapon model (not without some forethought at least) and facehug spam you as was so common in MW.

This also.

• @Papsi said in Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!:

memes

Memes quickly die out, and game developers are usually out of context when it comes to introducing memes, and it ends up being cringy.

• Mod

TL;DR

• TO mode with more active teamplay. Teams who play better together should win the objective.
    • TO with side-objectives which should make winning easier, much like opening the second door of the cathedral.
    • Better balanced gamemodes
    • Slow movement deal less damage, fast movement drains more stamina.
    • As stamina drains, movement gets heavier gradually.
    • Not only punish bad behaving players but reward the good ones!

Team Objective
    By far one of the best modes for the general audience is Team Objective, although I like LTS myself TO is fun for everyone. Clear goals, not too much waiting for respawns and everyone is able to contribute to victory no matter the rank. Different stages of the map call for different team based playstyles. I hope to see more active team based gameplay than just standing near objectives, I.E. hauling boulders for the catapult, trebuchet cranking the lever etc. This results in mini-objectives where you need to protect players during boulder hauling and where enemies can attacking the boulder haulers. Objectives where you can break through multiple parts of a wall for different strategic advantages.

Balanced gamemodes
    Usually the winner is already decided before we start the map, either attacking or defending an objective is easier or the team with the highest ranked players win. This could be ‘solved’ in multiple ways, create maps which forces teams to work together to win. Balance teams based on playerskill by recording average k/d ratios of players (which is harder to do). Teams who play better together should win, not the egotistical team with the strong arrogant rank 59 throwing rocks around like it’s a stone skipping contest.

Duel mode should be a competitive mode, others modes should be more casual (just my opinion).

Teamdamage
    FFA is more of a mindless hack and slash mode where players can swing without thinking. TO and LTS should be quite the opposite of this and victory should be achieved by using your brains and working together. Teamdamage plays one of the most important roles in this aspect, you cannot mindlessly swing through your team to kill opponents as this would mean you would lose. Getting teamkilled however is less fun. Reflecting teamdamage on the player is also bad as the enemy expects you to teamkill when swinging your sword through a teammate and not kill yourself due to reflected teamdamage (this would make for some very odd gameplay). Therefor teamdamage done on purpose should be better punishable, won’t explain it on here but devs know (BadBoy formula). Basically means that you are ‘allowed’ to do a reasonable amount of teamdamage before being punished. Also, see reward system.

Physics
    More realistic movements and corresponding damage. You should be able to drag and spin to a certain extend but slowing your movement should also lower the damage you deal. It’s more difficult to move when crouching as you cannot use your bodies movement towards a faster swing, crouching should result in heavier movements. Standing up and jumping should drain stamina, it would also be funnier if it drains gradually and you notice your movements getting slower/weaker instead of just reaching a threshold, going stun and than be able to move fast again.

More fun, its a game after all!
    Final stage at a TO map where instead of fighting a King with more HP you fight a mountain like figure who is not only bigger and stronger but can flick enemies around like they are bugs. Only team based combat should defeat him, his team can’t stand too close to him to protect him or they risk getting hit by him. Maybe add more means to kill him other than hand to hand combat, I.E. a ballista/catapult (it adds more side objectives than just “kill the king” as you would also need to secure the ballista or other certain strategic areas).

Also being able to light up a catapult boulder, fling it across the map and let it roll through a crowd would be amazing.

Rewards
    Instead of punishing bad behavior, why not encourage good behavior? Dealing very little teamdamage, being a loyal Chivalry player, not spamming chat or breaking any other rule should reward a player with extra cosmetics. Players can literally see you are a top tier nice guy just by looking at you. Maybe even other rewards that give no real advantage like headbutting a player instead of punching him, possibilities are endless. Being able to achieve the right to vote would be great, less likely to be abused. I believe rewarding players for good behavior would automatically improve the atmosphere ingame and will upgrade the gameplay experience a lot.

I’m slightly biased when it comes to prioritizing these but if I had to choose:

1. Rewards
    2. Physics/teamdamage
    3. Team Objective

Also a honorary chicken helmet for Wilt.

• Server Host side:
    Server admin should be fast and easy. Auto login admins, overlay admin button menus.

PLAYER ADMIN

KICK (player list - steam ID - IP address)
    - duration (Time options)
    BAN (player list)
    - ban by steam ID (check box)
    - ban by IP address (check box)
    - duration (Time options or Permanent logged in a config file)
    UNBAN (banned player list - deletes banned player from config file updated on map change)
    MUTE (player list)
    - Mute voice (mute/unmute)
    - Mute Chat (mute/unmute)
    SWITCH TEAMS (player list)
    SPECTATE (kicks player into spectate mode only -enable/disable)
    - Current Player list
    GIFTS (player list)
    - Health (# amount + or -)
    - Stamina (# amount + or -)
    - Speed (# amount + or -)
    - Invisible (enable/disable)
    - NoClip (allowed player to move anywhere in the map in 3D space)
    PUNISHMENTS (player list - some with 3rd party admin plugins the punishments were very funny)
    - Slap (# amount damage)
    - Kill (Kills player)
    - Freeze (Freezes the player for a duration of time covered in ICE and could easily be killed)
    - Inebriate / Drug
    - Chicken (turns player into a small chicken with a dagger until killed, fast, no health)
    - Ignite (lit player on fire - fire pot damage)
    - Rocket (launched player high into the sky and explode like a bottle rocket)
    - Uber Pimp Slap (would spam slap player with 1 point of damage till they died)

SERVER ADMIN

PAUSE (enable/disable - pauses the game)
    MOTD (Message of the Day)
    - HTML Text or images or website link for rules and info about the server
    MAP
    Next map
    Last Map
    Restart Map
    Change Map
    - List of installed map as buttons
    - game mode (if applicable -FFA, -LTS, -TO)
    - change map (launch map change)
    LOCK
    - Password
    - Lock/unlock (on map change not on server reboot)
    CHAT
    - Log chat (on/off - could access file in browser for copy/paste)
    - Team Chat (enables/disables team chat so that only the same team can read chat)
    - Team Voice (enables/disables team voice so that only the same team can hear voice)
    GAME SPEED (# amount + or - Changes speed of game)
    GRAVITY (# amount + or - Changes the physics of gravity)
    POWER ADMIN
    - Reserved Slots (player list to add players to reserved slots - number of player reserved slots)
    - High Ping Kicker - ping range for kick and time at that ping for kick
    - Reboot (reboots server)
    - Add user to admin (# = level of admin permissions)
    - Remove Admin (deletes admin or admin permission level)
    Remote Administration - remote administration tool would also be awesome

Client Side

1. Stats, stats, stats! Keeping track of stats, kills, deaths, type, weapon stats all that can be viewed in game and on steam.
    2. Clan and or Party options - basically the ability for teams to join a party for match making and joining the same server.

Game Play - Lore

1. Add the 5 team 5 player LTS/TDM game mode that was in Deadliest Warrior.
    2. World / faction battle servers
    • Master server where players are forced to join Agatha / Mason and they cannot change sides for 24 hours
    • World map with all the playable maps being located on it and game state of each map that players can join and attack or defend.
    • All maps are linked in order and once won they become owned by the faction that won. This continues till the entire world is won by one team or another. World is reset when won or twice a week.
    1. Add third faction - Peasant Rebellion that is also fighting for the same resources and objecitves
    • Peasants classes are made up of found/stolen/won weapons and armor along with peasant weapons.
    1. Bring back AOC style catapults where players can accurately aim catapults with a aiming bar, auto load and trigger launch without the players being “mounted” to the weapon. Aim cat straight down and players can hop on cat for self destruct.

• Doesn’t have to have a full campaign, but a fully realized tutorial would be nice to see, explaining niche mechanics instead of just the surface level ones

• Weapon clashing can solve hit trades without giving an inherent buff to fast weapons like first hit flinch would

• Hope to see varying animations and special usage of specific weapons I was liking the pommel hit on https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591659793127702547/601870342977355806/jabkick.gif so I think that’s heading in a good direction. A good example is probably chiv 1 quarterstaff animations. I just hope that I won’t see Zweihander underhands because those just don’t look very good or make sense.

• No auto-feint to parry clicking RMB, a player should either have to feint manually to parry or RMB to feint and rmb again to parry, this should increase reading ceiling

• Feints used more defenisvely than offensive ( Attack lockout, or more readable feint animations, but no parry lockout )

• Directional parrying (much tighter parrybox than chiv I or mordhau even, or if you want to get extreme, weapon model parrying collision)

• A much more fleshed out damage system, make it matter where you hit much more than just head, body, and legs. As well as emphasize weapon roles (small bladed weapons being horrible against something like plate)

• That being said, weapon descriptions and a nice UI would go a long way for players to know what is good against what

• More bow types and more arrow types; https://www.longbow-archers.com/arrowheads.html, , different bow mechanics like holding bow draw drains stamina depending on bow

• more intricate objectives, maybe things like dynamic ways to take on the objective with different siege engines

• keep the collision box between players small, I want to see facehugs happen because it definitely intensifies the action, its what kicks are for anyway right

• Shields should not work as a held block in a timing-based game, it breaks game flow and its very broken in team fights, it needs to be worked around the same as a parry would, or needs a huge stamina penalty for held parries

• if we’re going to have wounded enemies topple to the ground, we need some cool kill animations

• Would honestly love to see fist fighting incorporate more kicks

• having emotes for teamplay would help a ton for immersion, things like pointing or a follow signal or halt

• Quests that could unlock specific weapons or new cosmetics would be nice to see, maybe they could ONLY be unlocked by completing a specific quest, a cool archer helmet for 1000 headshots kills or something

• Ranking is a good way to add incentive for long term gameplay, but it should not be a priority, fun and engaging maps should be the primary focus

Customization:

• in game clan system is a must

• I feel like weapons should unlock over gameplay time, not with gold or xp, only cosmetics should be bought with that, it would encourage players to try new weapons*

• No voice pitch slider please

• No body sliders please; even if they have the same hitbox, they usually do not look very good and break what you actually see vs what you can actually hit

• I did like the new special helm every 10 ranks in Chiv 1, maybe keep something like that on top of unlockable gold/xp helms

• Things like cosmetic belts, banners, scabbards, special sabbatons, or engravings would go a very long way to have people feel unique, on top of armor cosmetics of course

• Lots of armor customization to grind for - I’m not opposed to paid cosmetics but it would be nice to see lots of free to grind armors

• while I say more add customization, please don’t overdo it, I hope the overall theme of the game will fit any character you can create in it, and not something like Shrek

• Add flails of all kinds =) Ball and chain flail. Maybe this flail has 3 miniature flails that are better suited against lightly armored opponents whereas this big blunt spiked ball is better against armored opponents. Pole Flail

Don’t slack on the sdk. Try to get it out as soon as possible. It will help bring new life to the game! Tutorials for map-making specifically for Chivalry 2 would be nice. Topics like setting up an ammo box, pushable carts, or even importing marketplace assets into the game as custom content. You know you’re slacking when the community releases an unofficial one first.

Also a Multi-Team mode of up to 4-6 small teams would be nice =)

• @Sir-Boring Definitely need shield jumps. Also bring back archer shield climbing.

• Absolutely must have: Please rehire some of the voice actors from the last game. In particular, the Agatha Archer. I can’t live without him.

• BRILLIANT team objective idea (h8rs gone h8): Team Objective should no longer be based on time (unless afk). Instead, it should utilize the old “resources” mechanic that TDM used to use back in 2013 or so. Basically, it’d work like this: each sides would share collective lives (a number that will be dependent upon how many people are in the server, or perhaps on the map), and two things would happen when a team lost all their collective lives. One, everyone on that team will get one more respawn before being permakilled for the rest of the map, like LTS. Second, for the team on defense, everyone will spawn at the final objective, where they will make their final stand. For the team on offense, they’d just continue until killing the rest of the defense.

What does this do? It simulates a battle better. At some point, numbers will run out in a real battle. It will also lead to epic 300-type moments, where the few must defend against the many despite “impossible” odds, giving some opportunity for truly heroic matches.

Potential problems and solutions:

(1) People will hide when they’re on their last life. Possible solutions: The same one for when people do it in LTS right now: vote kicks. Another possible solution: start a ten minute timer only after the final “resource” for a team has died.

(2) People will play more cautiously. Solution: no they won’t. Some do that already, and some are reckless even in LTS.

(3) People don’t understand how awesome and fun this would be. Solution: get them off of whatever substance they are on that is clouding their judgment.

A combination between team objective, old school chivalry TDM, and LTS (once resources are depleted) is long overdue. No other game combines those modes in this way. Chivalry is already on the front lines when it comes to team objective, but making a battle feel more like a battle, rather than a timed contest, will be amazing.

• I would love to see a Curated item workshop for weapon and armor skins

• FFA servers!
    • Enemies dropping weapons so that you can pick them up and use them
    • Throwing all weapons: Let me throw my 2handed swords and axes at my enemies, even if it’s not the most effective way to play.
    • Character customization: not only visual, but with talents/perks. Maybe even active skills like in Mirage.
    • Matchmaking system and the ability to queue up as a group.
    • Climbing up small ledges (like you could do in Mirage)
    • Duel mode

• @bubblywums

Competitive TO Maps fit for 5v5
    A demo system
    Ranked 5v5
    Stat collection tools

Make halberd best weapon in game

• Don’t know if this has been said before. Maybe incorporate ducking while moving ? Ducking down, leaning right and leaning left.

• Ok so first of all, improve your forums. I’ve applied for a new account MONTHS ago and still haven’t received the confirmation e-mail. I’m only able to post here because I remembered I had this old account, but upon logging in I was greeted with a creepy message telling me how you collect our personal data and asking me to accept it before I can use the forums. Whatever it is you’re doing, get rid of that. I realize you also have Discord, but the more places people can talk about your game and give feedback the better.

Now, gameplay-wise:

• You don’t have to copy every improvement Mordhau did, of course, but sword clashing (aka chambering) is essential; it’s what makes sword fights look more real and believable. It was even (partially) implemented in Chivalry 1 via a mod, and Mount & Blade also has chambers. Not that you have to worry about copying Mordhau after they ripped off your game anyway.
    • Being able to climb objects is another essential feature, and it would feel really weird to move to a game where we can’t do it.
    • Picking up weapons from the ground is another feature that should probably be implemented.
    • Stamina has always been a cancerous mechanic in these games, as it punishes people for using the mechanics your game has to offer and turns balanced fights into a stamina war. Once you’re out of stamina you lose and that’s it; that sucks. Removing it completely probably wouldn’t be a good idea, but in my opinion the player’s stamina should be fully recovered after he gets stunned for depleting it. Being stunned AND still having low stamina is too much of a punishment.
    • And, lastly, please be very careful when implementing crazy new features like that hit to the head that stuns your opponent, which you’ve shown us in one of your Discord gifs. The spear kick gif was pretty awesome but this one doesn’t seem to be fun to be honest. If you’re adamant on implementing it, well I just hope it’s a minor feature that is easily counterable and can’t be abused.

I wish the entire team good luck and won’t bash you for choosing Epic Store, even though I’ll be waiting for the Steam release.

• No more AnotherGameDLC like a Deadliest.
    Please concentrate to Main part’s expansion.

and, i dont like MxxDHxU’s horse and firebomb.

Im using google transration, sorry.
    Thank you.

• Trade hits are very ok. I actually hate Mordhau’s first-hit-to-flinch system. The problem with trades in Chivalry wasn’t that a messer knight could gamble and trade hit you… the problem was that he could reliably gamble trade hit you. Preventing obnoxious trades in Chivalry 2 should be about making smarter weapon balance decisions.

For example:

Messer was obnoxious in Chivalry because it was perfectly fast and perfectly slow AND any mistake was rewarded with a trade hit… which put the messer ahead in a fight even after it messed up. Messer was supposed to be slower, shorter and, thus, harder to use than a longsword but it wasn’t… because it was still fast enough to reverse just as well, slow enough to drag way better and if a reverse missed, one could bring it back around for a spin drag. It also had more reach because you could drag it out for more range than even a longsword’s stab.

Messer stab was also just as good as a longsword’s since a messer stab on a MAA/Vanguard left them at one shot for a slash… and the slower messer stab could drag more for better side stabs that people weren’t expecting from a messer.

My point is: Messer has pretty much every advantage over longsword and was only “equal” on paper. A truly balanced Messer would have had the same attack speed as a longsword but better damage at the cost of less range. Then it would have had equal accels/drags to longsword and a weaker stab… but decent damage… and less obnoxious trades due to less range.

The same logic applies to Poleaxe Overhead trades, etc. Shouldn’t the windup of a poleaxe overhead be extended to make intentional trades riskier? The overhead swing itself could be made faster if windup is increased so it doesn’t have a buffed drag. Developers should be very diligent when playing with weapon stats this time around.

I hope to see all of Chivalry’s weapons and skins… even claymore, brandi, messer and norse… but hopefully they are better balanced in Chivalry 2.

• Double and multiple KO chance - if you don’t add this chance the game will be frustrating because every time when both players are low health and strike each other same time only one player dies;add flail weapons, archery must be very hard to master but very deadly, and i hope that you will release this game on steam also, keep good work to the game, deadliest warrior addon have a huge potential in the new chivalry.

• INSTANT REPLY CAMERA on death, so you may understand who and how killed you

DETAILED DAMAGE STATS so you may notice who damaged you, and what you made in reply.

CHAT ROOM after round ends, so you may discuss it until you manually press “Join next round”

FASTER LEG KICK and SHIELD KICK (and make it almost unblockable), so we will use it more often!

LIGHT WEAPONS should do less damage against armored units and should take some damage even when block succeed