Chivalry 2 Idea Thread!
Retsnom last edited by Retsnom
Server Host side:
Server admin should be fast and easy. Auto login admins, overlay admin button menus.
KICK (player list - steam ID - IP address)
- duration (Time options)
BAN (player list)
- ban by steam ID (check box)
- ban by IP address (check box)
- duration (Time options or Permanent logged in a config file)
UNBAN (banned player list - deletes banned player from config file updated on map change)
MUTE (player list)
- Mute voice (mute/unmute)
- Mute Chat (mute/unmute)
SWITCH TEAMS (player list)
SPECTATE (kicks player into spectate mode only -enable/disable)
- Current Player list
GIFTS (player list)
- Health (# amount + or -)
- Stamina (# amount + or -)
- Speed (# amount + or -)
- Invisible (enable/disable)
- NoClip (allowed player to move anywhere in the map in 3D space)
PUNISHMENTS (player list - some with 3rd party admin plugins the punishments were very funny)
- Slap (# amount damage)
- Kill (Kills player)
- Freeze (Freezes the player for a duration of time covered in ICE and could easily be killed)
- Inebriate / Drug
- Chicken (turns player into a small chicken with a dagger until killed, fast, no health)
- Ignite (lit player on fire - fire pot damage)
- Rocket (launched player high into the sky and explode like a bottle rocket)
- Uber Pimp Slap (would spam slap player with 1 point of damage till they died)
PAUSE (enable/disable - pauses the game)
MOTD (Message of the Day)
- HTML Text or images or website link for rules and info about the server
- List of installed map as buttons
- game mode (if applicable -FFA, -LTS, -TO)
- change map (launch map change)
- Lock/unlock (on map change not on server reboot)
- Log chat (on/off - could access file in browser for copy/paste)
- Team Chat (enables/disables team chat so that only the same team can read chat)
- Team Voice (enables/disables team voice so that only the same team can hear voice)
GAME SPEED (# amount + or - Changes speed of game)
GRAVITY (# amount + or - Changes the physics of gravity)
- Reserved Slots (player list to add players to reserved slots - number of player reserved slots)
- High Ping Kicker - ping range for kick and time at that ping for kick
- Reboot (reboots server)
- Add user to admin (# = level of admin permissions)
- Remove Admin (deletes admin or admin permission level)
Remote Administration - remote administration tool would also be awesome
- Stats, stats, stats! Keeping track of stats, kills, deaths, type, weapon stats all that can be viewed in game and on steam.
- Clan and or Party options - basically the ability for teams to join a party for match making and joining the same server.
Game Play - Lore
- Add the 5 team 5 player LTS/TDM game mode that was in Deadliest Warrior.
- World / faction battle servers
- Master server where players are forced to join Agatha / Mason and they cannot change sides for 24 hours
- World map with all the playable maps being located on it and game state of each map that players can join and attack or defend.
- All maps are linked in order and once won they become owned by the faction that won. This continues till the entire world is won by one team or another. World is reset when won or twice a week.
- Add third faction - Peasant Rebellion that is also fighting for the same resources and objecitves
- Peasants classes are made up of found/stolen/won weapons and armor along with peasant weapons.
- Bring back AOC style catapults where players can accurately aim catapults with a aiming bar, auto load and trigger launch without the players being “mounted” to the weapon. Aim cat straight down and players can hop on cat for self destruct.
TheKushVanMan last edited by
Doesn’t have to have a full campaign, but a fully realized tutorial would be nice to see, explaining niche mechanics instead of just the surface level ones
Weapon clashing can solve hit trades without giving an inherent buff to fast weapons like first hit flinch would
Hope to see varying animations and special usage of specific weapons I was liking the pommel hit on https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591659793127702547/601870342977355806/jabkick.gif so I think that’s heading in a good direction. A good example is probably chiv 1 quarterstaff animations. I just hope that I won’t see Zweihander underhands because those just don’t look very good or make sense.
No auto-feint to parry clicking RMB, a player should either have to feint manually to parry or RMB to feint and rmb again to parry, this should increase reading ceiling
Feints used more defenisvely than offensive ( Attack lockout, or more readable feint animations, but no parry lockout )
Directional parrying (much tighter parrybox than chiv I or mordhau even, or if you want to get extreme, weapon model parrying collision)
A much more fleshed out damage system, make it matter where you hit much more than just head, body, and legs. As well as emphasize weapon roles (small bladed weapons being horrible against something like plate)
That being said, weapon descriptions and a nice UI would go a long way for players to know what is good against what
More bow types and more arrow types; https://www.longbow-archers.com/arrowheads.html, , different bow mechanics like holding bow draw drains stamina depending on bow
more intricate objectives, maybe things like dynamic ways to take on the objective with different siege engines
keep the collision box between players small, I want to see facehugs happen because it definitely intensifies the action, its what kicks are for anyway right
Shields should not work as a held block in a timing-based game, it breaks game flow and its very broken in team fights, it needs to be worked around the same as a parry would, or needs a huge stamina penalty for held parries
if we’re going to have wounded enemies topple to the ground, we need some cool kill animations
Would honestly love to see fist fighting incorporate more kicks
having emotes for teamplay would help a ton for immersion, things like pointing or a follow signal or halt
Quests that could unlock specific weapons or new cosmetics would be nice to see, maybe they could ONLY be unlocked by completing a specific quest, a cool archer helmet for 1000 headshots kills or something
Ranking is a good way to add incentive for long term gameplay, but it should not be a priority, fun and engaging maps should be the primary focus
in game clan system is a must
I feel like weapons should unlock over gameplay time, not with gold or xp, only cosmetics should be bought with that, it would encourage players to try new weapons*
No voice pitch slider please
No body sliders please; even if they have the same hitbox, they usually do not look very good and break what you actually see vs what you can actually hit
I did like the new special helm every 10 ranks in Chiv 1, maybe keep something like that on top of unlockable gold/xp helms
Things like cosmetic belts, banners, scabbards, special sabbatons, or engravings would go a very long way to have people feel unique, on top of armor cosmetics of course
Lots of armor customization to grind for - I’m not opposed to paid cosmetics but it would be nice to see lots of free to grind armors
while I say more add customization, please don’t overdo it, I hope the overall theme of the game will fit any character you can create in it, and not something like Shrek
TheFlyingFlail last edited by
Add flails of all kinds =) Ball and chain flail. Maybe this flail has 3 miniature flails that are better suited against lightly armored opponents whereas this big blunt spiked ball is better against armored opponents. Pole Flail
Don’t slack on the sdk. Try to get it out as soon as possible. It will help bring new life to the game! Tutorials for map-making specifically for Chivalry 2 would be nice. Topics like setting up an ammo box, pushable carts, or even importing marketplace assets into the game as custom content. You know you’re slacking when the community releases an unofficial one first.
Also a Multi-Team mode of up to 4-6 small teams would be nice =)
Elite Team Killer last edited by
@Sir-Boring Definitely need shield jumps. Also bring back archer shield climbing.
Elite Team Killer last edited by
Absolutely must have: Please rehire some of the voice actors from the last game. In particular, the Agatha Archer. I can’t live without him.
Elite Team Killer last edited by Elite Team Killer
BRILLIANT team objective idea (h8rs gone h8): Team Objective should no longer be based on time (unless afk). Instead, it should utilize the old “resources” mechanic that TDM used to use back in 2013 or so. Basically, it’d work like this: each sides would share collective lives (a number that will be dependent upon how many people are in the server, or perhaps on the map), and two things would happen when a team lost all their collective lives. One, everyone on that team will get one more respawn before being permakilled for the rest of the map, like LTS. Second, for the team on defense, everyone will spawn at the final objective, where they will make their final stand. For the team on offense, they’d just continue until killing the rest of the defense.
What does this do? It simulates a battle better. At some point, numbers will run out in a real battle. It will also lead to epic 300-type moments, where the few must defend against the many despite “impossible” odds, giving some opportunity for truly heroic matches.
Potential problems and solutions:
(1) People will hide when they’re on their last life. Possible solutions: The same one for when people do it in LTS right now: vote kicks. Another possible solution: start a ten minute timer only after the final “resource” for a team has died.
(2) People will play more cautiously. Solution: no they won’t. Some do that already, and some are reckless even in LTS.
(3) People don’t understand how awesome and fun this would be. Solution: get them off of whatever substance they are on that is clouding their judgment.
A combination between team objective, old school chivalry TDM, and LTS (once resources are depleted) is long overdue. No other game combines those modes in this way. Chivalry is already on the front lines when it comes to team objective, but making a battle feel more like a battle, rather than a timed contest, will be amazing.
kfhammond last edited by
I would love to see a Curated item workshop for weapon and armor skins
sanastro last edited by
- FFA servers!
- Enemies dropping weapons so that you can pick them up and use them
- Throwing all weapons: Let me throw my 2handed swords and axes at my enemies, even if it’s not the most effective way to play.
- Character customization: not only visual, but with talents/perks. Maybe even active skills like in Mirage.
- Matchmaking system and the ability to queue up as a group.
- Climbing up small ledges (like you could do in Mirage)
- Duel mode
HeightofAbsurdity last edited by
Competitive TO Maps fit for 5v5
A demo system
Stat collection tools
Make halberd best weapon in game
juansolo last edited by
Don’t know if this has been said before. Maybe incorporate ducking while moving ? Ducking down, leaning right and leaning left.
Kaiowa last edited by Kaiowa
Ok so first of all, improve your forums. I’ve applied for a new account MONTHS ago and still haven’t received the confirmation e-mail. I’m only able to post here because I remembered I had this old account, but upon logging in I was greeted with a creepy message telling me how you collect our personal data and asking me to accept it before I can use the forums. Whatever it is you’re doing, get rid of that. I realize you also have Discord, but the more places people can talk about your game and give feedback the better.
- You don’t have to copy every improvement Mordhau did, of course, but sword clashing (aka chambering) is essential; it’s what makes sword fights look more real and believable. It was even (partially) implemented in Chivalry 1 via a mod, and Mount & Blade also has chambers. Not that you have to worry about copying Mordhau after they ripped off your game anyway.
- Being able to climb objects is another essential feature, and it would feel really weird to move to a game where we can’t do it.
- Picking up weapons from the ground is another feature that should probably be implemented.
- Stamina has always been a cancerous mechanic in these games, as it punishes people for using the mechanics your game has to offer and turns balanced fights into a stamina war. Once you’re out of stamina you lose and that’s it; that sucks. Removing it completely probably wouldn’t be a good idea, but in my opinion the player’s stamina should be fully recovered after he gets stunned for depleting it. Being stunned AND still having low stamina is too much of a punishment.
- And, lastly, please be very careful when implementing crazy new features like that hit to the head that stuns your opponent, which you’ve shown us in one of your Discord gifs. The spear kick gif was pretty awesome but this one doesn’t seem to be fun to be honest. If you’re adamant on implementing it, well I just hope it’s a minor feature that is easily counterable and can’t be abused.
I wish the entire team good luck and won’t bash you for choosing Epic Store, even though I’ll be waiting for the Steam release.
hata-888 last edited by
No more AnotherGameDLC like a Deadliest.
Please concentrate to Main part’s expansion.
and, i dont like MxxDHxU’s horse and firebomb.
Im using google transration, sorry.
StealthyCrayon9 last edited by
Trade hits are very ok. I actually hate Mordhau’s first-hit-to-flinch system. The problem with trades in Chivalry wasn’t that a messer knight could gamble and trade hit you… the problem was that he could reliably gamble trade hit you. Preventing obnoxious trades in Chivalry 2 should be about making smarter weapon balance decisions.
Messer was obnoxious in Chivalry because it was perfectly fast and perfectly slow AND any mistake was rewarded with a trade hit… which put the messer ahead in a fight even after it messed up. Messer was supposed to be slower, shorter and, thus, harder to use than a longsword but it wasn’t… because it was still fast enough to reverse just as well, slow enough to drag way better and if a reverse missed, one could bring it back around for a spin drag. It also had more reach because you could drag it out for more range than even a longsword’s stab.
Messer stab was also just as good as a longsword’s since a messer stab on a MAA/Vanguard left them at one shot for a slash… and the slower messer stab could drag more for better side stabs that people weren’t expecting from a messer.
My point is: Messer has pretty much every advantage over longsword and was only “equal” on paper. A truly balanced Messer would have had the same attack speed as a longsword but better damage at the cost of less range. Then it would have had equal accels/drags to longsword and a weaker stab… but decent damage… and less obnoxious trades due to less range.
The same logic applies to Poleaxe Overhead trades, etc. Shouldn’t the windup of a poleaxe overhead be extended to make intentional trades riskier? The overhead swing itself could be made faster if windup is increased so it doesn’t have a buffed drag. Developers should be very diligent when playing with weapon stats this time around.
I hope to see all of Chivalry’s weapons and skins… even claymore, brandi, messer and norse… but hopefully they are better balanced in Chivalry 2.
AnalError last edited by AnalError
Double and multiple KO chance - if you don’t add this chance the game will be frustrating because every time when both players are low health and strike each other same time only one player dies;add flail weapons, archery must be very hard to master but very deadly, and i hope that you will release this game on steam also, keep good work to the game, deadliest warrior addon have a huge potential in the new chivalry.
mSnus last edited by
INSTANT REPLY CAMERA on death, so you may understand who and how killed you
DETAILED DAMAGE STATS so you may notice who damaged you, and what you made in reply.
CHAT ROOM after round ends, so you may discuss it until you manually press “Join next round”
FASTER LEG KICK and SHIELD KICK (and make it almost unblockable), so we will use it more often!
LIGHT WEAPONS should do less damage against armored units and should take some damage even when block succeed
Xtreme6664 last edited by
Be original, but… you can add some things that other games have. Use some features of mordhau and mount and blade, or medieval games, like medieval total war. Also, in mounted combat, why not some classes for mounted combat? If is a mounted crossbowmen, he will have a lighter crossbow. Or types of horses: Normal horses, Fast horses, mailed horses, armoured horses, and… why not? some elephants. And I say for mounted classes, with lighter equipment or heavier equipment. Lancers, knights, archers, javenlinmen jinetes. And in siege equipment, ballistas, catapults, working trebuchets, working mortars, cannons, etc.
Add also slings classes and ammo and special ammo. Attach a stick to a sling for have more distance, and fire firepots and oil pots. And handgunns, very slow, slower than a crossbow, and with very low attack distance, but powerful. Also many tipes of shields. More weapons, and a training map like in c:dw, for train your abilities, and a gaunlet, like in that game. And still have the same gamemodes and maps, but add ones, like battle royales or improve the horde mode. And in horde mode improve your armor, to have no armor, to have low armor and to have later heavy armor. And add some weapons, like the pikes, halberds, and make a phalanx with that. And i say, diferent types of armor: Gambeson, plate armor, lamellars, and that. Thanks.
AdriaofNyx last edited by
PLEASE make an option in settings to disable the games built-in gamepad support. ive had alot of trouble finding the file to manually disable it so i can use my gamepad properly with its own software.
Zany last edited by
There is not much that has to change from Chivalry 1 that game is still alive even though its release was ages ago for a good reason.
Because it works.
Yea yea we have seen it the complaints like feints and reverses but apparently it wasnt so bad that the game died out quickly after it release, Because people learned how to use it and counter it.
I believe a game like chiv and surely chiv 2 should be all about skill.
People have spend thousands of hours in chiv 1 for this very fact, To improve and aim to become the best player.
Skill should be a primary focus.
You guys have reworked the animations, In a attempt to solve certain issues that excited
Reverses most notably.
Personaly i dont like this, Its a nice idea but thats just it an idea.
I fear by going down this path there are going to be limitations to what you can do regarding combat.
In my experiance what made chivalry great was because it had a simple combat system with a lot of freedom on what you could do with it.
Decreasing this freedom i feel that would destroy what made chivalry great.
There are certainty better ways of fixing the issues that exist.
Add more variables to the damage system.
Speed, By adding this many things will be instantaneously solved.
Lets say there is a goldy lock zone for it where your damage output is at its maximum and go downhill from there.
Drag to long the damage will be significantly decreased.
Do a handle hit and you dont have enough speed build up and thus damage will again be decreased, Same goose for reverse attacks.
It would be also balanced from the get go, Because a normal attack aka maximum damage output shouldn’t be to difficult to parry, The other attacks (Drags, Handle hits, Reverse) significantly harder to parry but it wouldn’t be nearly as punishing.
points on the weapons.
Hitting someone with the handle should do significantly less damage to certain Armour types(Notably plate armor).
Also this would go hand in hand with the speed system, As the point closes to your hand will be the slowest rotation point and the furthers away would have had the longest time to build up speed.
Add first hit flinch.
It has been field tested on both comp-mod and mercs-mod.
There is no reason for it not to be in vanila.
It significantly balances the game.
Armour in chiv and i will asume in chiv 2 are not real things.
I mean this in a sense if it where considered as actual armor it would protect you, Senario archers, an arrow would not penetrate plate armor.
Well i have no problem with this however to balance the game out it would be nice to be able to parry projectiles.
Otherwise your stuck with 2 choices
- Use a shield -> this will make you significantly less effective in combat
- Dont use a shield and your forced to tank projectiles.
These things arnt that difficult to implement and would make the game a 100000 times better.
Having squads would be a neat concept.
Just like you can see your friends in game you could do this for your squad members.
Flinch on team damage
In my experience team damage was by far the biggest issue chivalry had made worse by having nearly no punishment from it.
Flinching on hitting your team mates would avoid people from constantly hitting you while being in a combo.
Also would make people more careful as they will have a instantaneous punishment as they cant parry for a brief moment when they are being flinched.
People have begged for years for competitive chivalry and many have left du the lack of it.
Hold tournaments from time to time, Perhaps have a ranking system like they do in counter strike.
Encourage people for continue playing the game and that all the time they spend into it isn’t for nothing.
How does it currently stand with the animations, The trailer showed off well how to put this lightly ‘odd’ things.
Like the animations are not smooth at all and just kinda stops in cycles (Parry => Pause => 2 sec later continue).
I sincerely hope that this inst going to be in the final game.
Clock Tower last edited by
statue of clock tower