What causes you to level up?

• I’ve been wondering for a while what drives leveling up. Is it kills? score? wins? Working towards leveling up is really the only thing thats keeping me playing since i finished my unlocks. Would be nice to know so i can find the best strategy.

• Kills and assists only.

Some would say that the point of playing games is to have fun. If you’re only playing to watch some numbers go up (that nobody but you care about), then you might want to reevaluate your motivations for doing so.

• @Smellyhobo101:

I’ve been wondering for a while what drives leveling up. Is it kills? score? wins? Working towards leveling up is really the only thing thats keeping me playing since i finished my unlocks. Would be nice to know so i can find the best strategy.

If leveling up is the only reason for you that keeps you playing this, then maybe you should play or do something else.

• People have different motivations for playing games, and one isnt better than the other. If he derives fun from the feeling of progress through the ranks then its fine by me. Just as long as you try to push the ram once in awhile ;)

• @Smellyhobo101:

I’ve been wondering for a while what drives leveling up. Is it kills? score? wins? Working towards leveling up is really the only thing thats keeping me playing since i finished my unlocks. Would be nice to know so i can find the best strategy.

What should be keeping you playing is the fun of it.

Rank means nothing so if its not fun why would you rank up?

If there was no rank system, would you still be playing?

I play this game more than I have played any video game in years because I want to get damn good for competitive Chiv.

• Yes, “levelling up” is a bit of a misnomer because aside from an ever-increasing number next to your name you get nothing useful from it, gameplay-wise.

• @Eek!:

Yes, “levelling up” is a bit of a misnomer because aside from an ever-increasing number next to your name you get nothing useful from it, gameplay-wise.

Intimidation factor, obviously.

• I’m rank 30 and I get my ass kicked by rank 5s many a time. I guess I’m doing something wrong ;).

• I like to have a big number, whats wrong with that? My number is bigger than your number.

• @Eek!:

I’m rank 30 and I get my ass kicked by rank 5s many a time. I guess I’m doing something wrong ;).

I’m rank 20something and never die. Obviously once you get into the 30s it resets the intimidation factor. Needs fixing.