We're missing the "No Archers TO" servers!

• Some time last year some of the official servers were made “No Archers TO” servers. That was one of the best ideas in a game that has less and less servers populated at the same time.

Who doesn’t know the feeling of being shot every round without even making it to the battle. The “No Archers TO” was frequently used, but with the decreasing player count only the commonly known servers got populated in the past months. So these servers were made "No Archers FFA"s. Archers in FFA are not nearly as impactful and annoying as in TO though.

The majority of the players are melee mains who prefer an honorable melee fight without being interrupted in an unfair way. Speaking for many remaining active melee players, it would be a blessing if you changed just one server back to give us the chance of having a place where we can fight in peace and freedom.

• I support this post, in my opinion FFA isn’t in need of no archer servers as archers there are not such a problem for the experience of the average melee player, the archers in FFA are left to fend for themselves at all times which is fair whereas in TO they ruin the melee experience for the rest of the server. Please change the No archer FFA server back to Team objective.

• @intox @ChivRio ChivRio Wear. A. Shield. The game isn’t Super Smash Brothers. It’s Chivalry MEDIEVAL Warfare, and last I checked, medieval warfare includes archers.

And how can you speak of “unfair” when archers are one hit kills, two at the most, in any melee encounter with anything but another archer? The game is perfectly balanced. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more balanced multiplayer fighting game.

Sorry, but this is an instance of “git gud.” Removing archers from TO is the antithesis of medieval warfare, since BATTLES are where they were actually most effectively used. You didn’t see archer duels, but you did see archer teams laying waste on the battlefield. The game accounts for their advantages by making them weak and giving other classes better melee and health. It’s balanced. You people are just cry babies who want to play Street Fighter II instead of a medieval warfare game.

• You seem to think that Chivalry Medieval Warfare is about realism, which makes it obvious that you have never played that game on a competitive level thus you are not able to understand the matter.
    And as you could assume from my post, there were already “No Archers TO” servers existing, which were made “No Archers FFA” servers so I was asking if they could change it back rather than introducing a new idea.

• @Elite-Team-Killer Vanguards dont have shields. Archers are not necessary to have a medieval warfare experience. Archers are unfair in TO because they don’t have to fight in melee whereas every other class has to. They just sit back behind their team, shooting people. No shield or smoke pot can save you reliably, I’ve worn shields and I’ve thrown countless smoke pots in my thousands of hours in the game and still I got shot in other parts of my body or through the smoke which lasts 10 seconds or so. They are so unbalanced that they are the only class that has a limit of players that can choose it in TO, otherwise it would be downright unplayable for everyone who isn’t an archer.

I don’t care that battles are where archers were used, I am trying to have fun in a video game. We don’t want archers removed from all TO, we want the no archer FFA server to be set back to TO so that we have atleast one server of TO where there are no archers. It is not an instance of git gud, there is no amount of skill, strafing, dodging, equipment or anything that can reliably save you from even a newer player who is 30 meters away and is playing archer. And that is the best case scenario, when you know he is aiming at you and there are none of his teammates in the way, you still can only decrease the chances he hits you, never erase them, and thats not what I am playing this game for, to run around hoping I dont get shot.

Please make the no archer FFA server TO again Torn Banner, there are still a few hundred players who play this game and we would benefit from that server immensely if it were TO, as FFA it does not help nearly as much because in FFA archers are not such a problem as previously explained.
    Thank you.