Banning critics

• Today I was banned from the Chivalry 2 discord server while having a very civil discussion with a developer (Cid?). We were talking about statistics, market penetration, public relations, and competition when in mid-reply to again a very calm and civil discussion, I got banned without warning or cause. I have reviewed the guidelines and I didn’t infringe on a single point on any guideline which has left me confused and concerned. Why would a company ban one of it’s most loyal fans, with over 5000 hours of invested personal time, while trying to help them with their upcoming game? I wasn’t even voicing personal opinions, I was sharing statistics along with majority feedback from Steam and comparing them with competitors in order to strategize the best possible launch. I’ve done this for a living as a consultant for many years and I’ve never been treated so disrespectfully by any company, especially while trying to help as a passionate and loyal fan. From both a personal and professional level, I’ve never been more disgusted. Now I understand why your current priorities are damage control and censorship. You may want to rethink your approach to the way you treat constructive criticism, especially since it’s the only thing that can dig you out of your hole. Unlike a tyrannical government, you won’t be funded for simply existing…especially when your main competitor has over ten times the market control and influence. Just compare the Chivalry 2 discord population with that of Mordhau’s…you’re less than 10% of their size and you’re the ones who need the hype to survive. Did you notice how I told the truth using facts without insults or emotions? If you all sat down and gave that a genuine shot, only then will your game and company have a fighting chance. Remember, failing is mostly an unwillingness to adapt and that creates a loser. I really do hope you succeed, but only a fool bets on a loser.

• Global Moderator

You were banned today for circumventing an existing permanent ban. Banned is banned man, regardless of your good intentions this day.

• I was previously banned!? I can’t see how that’s possible since I’ve never been in the Chivalry 2 discord server before.

Can you provide details or proof of this?

• Mod

@FannyBandit said in Banning critics:

I was previously banned!? I can’t see how that’s possible since I’ve never been in the Chivalry 2 discord server before.

Can you provide details or proof of this?

The reason for your ban was clearly stated by the mod who banned you. (Circumventing a ban by creating an alt account.)

I don’t want to go into detail, but you have been banned multiple times across multiple platforms in the past due to your behaviour patterns which have been repeated over and over again. You can expect any new accounts to be banned as well.

I think your memory of your posts may also be incorrect. I only saw one person on the dev team reply to you, and it was only to correct the misinformation you were sharing.

As for the claim you have never been in the discord before, does this help your memory?

https://i.imgur.com/XgWwYVs.png

Back in July 2019, on a different account with the same name, you were boasting about the way you targeted the previous CM, Reithur, which was part of the reason for some of your previous bans.

• I do thank you for showing me that, I thought I was banned from the Chivalry 1 discord/subreddit years ago and not the Chivalry 2 discord. You have refreshed my memory, yet now I’m even more confused. Why was I originally banned, on that or any of the other platforms?

I’m glad you brought up the other bans. If you read what I said, I clearly stated “previously banned”. I was asking him what my original ban was for that led to me being accused of currently circumventing. By your logic, you were saying that I was originally banned because I was circumventing a ban which makes no sense. I would still like to know why I was banned in the first place. It’s weird that you’re very willing to go into detail and even embellish what you assume my intent was, but as per your own evidence I said I like to target as in mess with Reithur. We originally had a disagreement on the Chivalry subreddit, which I found out later resulted in a ban followed by a public apology from him. You guys straight up fired him after that, so either I was doing your jobs for you or you agree with me by your own actions. So was I wrong for disagreeing with Reithur, or were you guys wrong for firing him? I would just like to know what my original ban was for and which guideline I broke on the Chivalry 2 discord server.

Unless I get clarification, based on your response, I’m going to assess that you originally banned me on discord solely because I was banned from the Chivalry subreddit. Maybe you should make it more clear that by having a disagreement with a moderator years ago, you are subject to a universal ban across all platforms without ever actually violating a guideline.

• Mod

@FannyBandit The Chivalry 2 discord is the same discord as the Chivalry 1 / Mirage discord. The title changed to become more relevant.

• That’s nice, but it seems like you’re dodging the overall subject matter.

Why was I originally banned from the discord server?

• @FannyBandit you were banned from the discord initially the same time as you and all your alts were from the subreddit. For the whole witch hunting thing you were doing at the time. And that’s me putting it mildly.

You haven’t shown you’ve changed in any way. So the ban will remain.

• Hold up Trump, what witch hunting thing? Saying that’s very vague would be a huge understatement and I don’t see any details or proof to support whichever guideline you’re insinuating I’ve violated. Also, are you admitting that I was originally banned from discord because I was banned on another platform from another game?

Since when is it standard practice to ban someone without cause or proof and then use that to ban the same person across all platforms of every game? If you guys are going to commit double jeopardy against me, at least have a foundation for the original offense to begin with.

What I have from you all so far is basically this…“even though you didn’t infringe on any guidelines, we banned you and then we’re making you look like the offender because you came back”.

Do you not see the irony and hypocrisy of claiming I was “witch hunting” when all of you are doing this to one person across all games and platforms?

• Mod

Hold up Trump, what witch hunting thing? Saying that’s very vague would be a huge understatement and I don’t see any details or proof to support whichever guideline you’re insinuating I’ve violated. Also, are you admitting that I was originally banned from discord because I was banned on another platform from another game?

Since when is it standard practice to ban someone without cause or proof and then use that to ban the same person across all platforms of every game? If you guys are going to commit double jeopardy against me, at least have a foundation for the original offense to begin with.

What I have from you all so far is basically this…“even though you didn’t infringe on any guidelines, we banned you and then we’re making you look like the offender because you came back”.

Do you not see the irony and hypocrisy of claiming I was “witch hunting” when all of you are doing this to one person across all games and platforms?

You have misunderstood everything we have said. We have both cause and proof, but we are trying to be nice by not publicly sharing all your past behaviour.

Please accept the ban and move on. Arguing with mods will not change anything as you are not willing to learn from past mistakes.

• Wait, so you attempted to share my past behavior with screenshots which showed nothing other than me saying I like to mess with Reithur…who you fired. Now when you’re asked to provide proof and reasons for my original ban, you’re claiming that your overall intentions are to be nice which is why you won’t share what really matters? That seems very inconsistent and convenient for you guys.

So what we have here seems like a cover-up in the interests of damage control. In my experience, this behavior is identical to that of Chinese companies and government entities. Hey wait, doesn’t TENCENT, a Chinese company infamous for buying sellout North American media companies and censoring their critics via shareholder control own 40% of Epic Games? Isn’t that the platform you’re trying to sell this game on after they bribed you with millions of dollars through an exclusivity contract?

It all makes sense now, especially the totalitarian behavior. You’re right, I should accept my ban and remain censored…I wouldn’t want to end up like the people in Tiananmen Square for speaking my mind and demanding accountability. I hope the money is worth being remembered as a company who sold out to the modern equivalent of Nazi Germany.

Maybe if you didn’t blow the $30,000,000+ the community gave you for Chivalry and acted responsibly, you wouldn’t have to sell your souls to China. If you read the Steam comments about Chivalry 2, over 95% of them can tell you all what I’m telling you now. Your game and company will fail because you have no integrity, responsibility, accountability, or morals. You’ve repeatedly demonstrated this behavior by not fixing or updating Chivalry, banning critics, launching knock-off products, censoring forums, and only acting when you believe it will make you money directly.

You can all try and say that I’ve had bad past behavior, but since you guys can’t do any worse yourselves…I’m going to take that as a compliment coming from you.

• Mod

@FannyBandit You’re only talking to mods who are just gamers who give up our free time to help out because we love the game. We can’t “fire” devs.

• I never asked for any of the devs to be fired in any of my posts or comments, so I have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe you should allow for a dev, community manager, or company administrator to address these core issues. Isn’t that their job?

It’s very weird that a person with forum authority yet no apparent connection to the company has willfully misinterpreted me and deflected my statements multiple times without a single TBS staff member or administrator present on the top post of their forums. From an objective standpoint, that’s very suspicious and malicious behavior.

• Mod

I never asked for any of the devs to be fired in any of my posts or comments, so I have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe you should allow for a dev, community manager, or company administrator to address these core issues. Isn’t that their job?

It’s very weird that a person with forum authority yet no apparent connection to the company has willfully misinterpreted me and deflected my statements multiple times without a single TBS staff member or administrator present on the top post of their forums. From an objective standpoint, that’s very suspicious and malicious behavior.

It was a Community Manager who banned you in the first place, and the devs have access to all the evidence of your behaviour over the years. Constantly arguing while trying to escalate the situation is just one example of the behaviour you need to learn to avoid. Please take note as I’ve already asked you to move on from this.

• It was a former community manager of a different game, who TBS fired for his repeated misconduct and poor standing with the community, who banned me from the Chivalry subreddit “in the first place”…who apologized to me publicly after he banned me because I was right all along. I’m fully aware that they have access to evidence of my behavior, hence why I’ve asked repeatedly for it to be shown in which you’ve deflected multiple times. I suspect that the reason you won’t show it is because at no time did I violate any guideline and what I’m being accused of happened on a different platform for an entirely different game. Keep in mind that you have again intentionally shifted the context without addressing the subject matter.

This is the equivalent of being arrested by a cop without probable cause who was later convicted for multiple cases of wrongful arrests. The problem is, the judge in this case is also evidently dirty because I’m being convicted a second time for something that I never did with no evidence years ago. If you have evidence of wrongdoing that would reasonably support both my initial ban from the Chivalry subreddit and the Chivalry discord server, show it and stop flexing like you have incriminating dirt on me. It’s getting old and I can see right through it.

If you’re going to blackmail someone into silence and submission, it’s best to actually have it. I was civil the entire time, so I know that at best you have something very small yet nothing deserving of a ban, especially on two separate platform of two separate games. I have way more dirt on the entire studio, so it would be like you chucking harmless pebbles from a glass house at a loaded trebuchet.

• Mod

It was a former community manager of a different game, who TBS fired for his repeated misconduct and poor standing with the community, who banned me from the Chivalry subreddit “in the first place”…who apologized to me publicly after he banned me because I was right all along. I’m fully aware that they have access to evidence of my behavior, hence why I’ve asked repeatedly for it to be shown in which you’ve deflected multiple times. I suspect that the reason you won’t show it is because at no time did I violate any guideline and what I’m being accused of happened on a different platform for an entirely different game. Keep in mind that you have again intentionally shifted the context without addressing the subject matter.

This is the equivalent of being arrested by a cop without probable cause who was later convicted for multiple cases of wrongful arrests. The problem is, the judge in this case is also evidently dirty because I’m being convicted a second time for something that I never did with no evidence years ago. If you have evidence of wrongdoing that would reasonably support both my initial ban from the Chivalry subreddit and the Chivalry discord server, show it and stop flexing like you have incriminating dirt on me. It’s getting old and I can see right through it.

If you’re going to blackmail someone into silence and submission, it’s best to actually have it. I was civil the entire time, so I know that at best you have something very small yet nothing deserving of a ban, especially on two separate platform of two separate games. I have way more dirt on the entire studio, so it would be like you chucking harmless pebbles from a glass house at a loaded trebuchet.

Once again, more incorrect information followed by further escalation to what sounds like a threat at the end. Once again, I’m going to ask you to stop.

• Name one thing about anything that I posted here that is incorrect.

You can’t play the victim of receiving threats when you’ve attempted to bluff and blackmail me into submission and silence multiple times before. If you can’t understand both the irony and hypocrisy of your position, you should go get someone who can.

• @FannyBandit dude go take care of your mental health, you have some serious issues.

• I do have PTSD, but that’s treatable.

Unfortunately, being a judgmental and condescending concern-troll doesn’t have any available treatments. You should probably focus on yourself more.

• Reithur was never fired. He left. That’s the first thing you’re wrong about.

Reithur was just too nice. He wouldn’t ban you. He would keep giving you chance after chance. Which you took advantage of. In the end he couldn’t fix you. And for that he was sorry.

We don’t like releasing people’s private information. But it turns out we don’t have to as some Reddit user compiled most of your exploits for us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/5yoltp/3monthold_drama_in_rchivalrygame_when_user/

To claim any of what you did there to be civil is straight up laughable.

It shows you consistently insulting the developers, the moderators and literally anyone else who was vaguely against your behavior.
    You consistently lied about the events that transpired. Just so you could carry on this crusade against TB over their apparent wrongdoings which boiled down to not giving you an alpha key for mirage. That’s what this whole thing was over.

Then you went into bat shit crazy territory with this gem https://i.imgur.com/GgcuLuz.png. Posting it all over the place. All you succeeded in doing with that was make everybody laugh. At you. Was that your goal? Because that’s what happened.

Even now you create new conspiracy theories on the fly. Do you really think anyone is going to believe any of what you say? Seriously?

After all these lies everybody has seen you have no integrity left. You fail at every turn to take the tiniest shred of responsibility or accountability for your actions. You’ve stooped so low that your moral compass is so far south that you’re 6 feet from Antarctica. You can call TB terrible all you like. They’ve made some mistakes. Some big ones. But can you really stand next to them and call yourself superior in those regards? Nobody else can.

You’ve become the very thing you despise. All over a mirage alpha key.

I don’t think you’re going to change. You’re going to find new things to crusade about. Just seems to be who you are. Nobody knows why you do it. But the world isn’t flat and torn banner just wants to make video games. You either buy it and spend another 5000 hours or you don’t.