Where are the unlocks stored?

• Which file is responsible for unlocks please? Or is it in the registry? Or somewhere in a cloud?

I’d like to back up my unlocks because it would be really devastating if I lost them.

• @acrh2:

Which file is responsible for unlocks please? Or is it in the registry? Or somewhere in a cloud?

I’d like to back up my unlocks because it would be really devastating if I lost them.

steam cloud

• There doesn’t appear to be an icon on the game’s listing for Steam Cloud, nor any options regarding it, nor any apparent syncing after closing the game. I’m not so sure.

Also, people that move the Chiv folder in Documents have found it messes up their stats and are unable to retrieve them, Cloud or no.

• Bumping

• @Eek!:

There doesn’t appear to be an icon on the game’s listing for Steam Cloud, nor any options regarding it, nor any apparent syncing after closing the game. I’m not so sure.

Also, people that move the Chiv folder in Documents have found it messes up their stats and are unable to retrieve them, Cloud or no.

It’s not local. The unlocks and rank are stored in some online database. People got their stuff wiped because of some screw-up with the database, not because they messed up with their document folder.

Some people haven’t messed around with their folders in documents but still got their stats wiped.